Another Seaford Progress Report Thread: EDIT -- NEW PICS!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gilbo1on1
Club Player

ace wrote:
Gilbo1on1 wrote:
ace wrote:Great site huts!

That plastic is a waterproof membrane, with services pipes sticking up.
When they are finished with the membrane and reinforcing steelwork they will pour the footings and concrete floor slab in one hit.

I don't know where I read it but I saw somewhere the external walls will be precast.
When they come that will make the place look pretty advanced.

Add a roof and they will have lockup - to keep any Collingwood supporters living in Frankston out.

Then they will take for ever to complete the internal fitout.

Still a long way to go.
Remember the last 20% takes 80% of the time.
yeah cool. i had assumed that the plastic goes down and the slab gets poured straight into it. will be nice to see the overall size of the floor when the big pour happens. have had storms the last two nights so there would be a bit of surface water they'd need to get rid of first. nice to know that the pipe has been laid though.
the bit about the fitout doesn't surprise me. i s'pose there'll be all sorts of glazing and flooring that'll need to be done aswell as the actual fitout itself. the pool will need to be tiled, the basketball court will need goals, etc etc.
how long after the big pour do you reckon it will take them Ace?

Fitouts have two speed limits.
The first is access, you can't have two trades working at the exact same location at the same time.
Although mutiple trades can work in the same building at the same time, they have to take turns at any particular location.
The second and more common speed limit is the number of tradesmen on the job.

You could fitout this building in less than 2 months with unlimited resources, excellent planning and project management but it will take considerably longer.

The contractors will only deploy sufficient resources to avoid liquidated damages.
The contract will have a completion target, if the contractor exceeds that target he pays a penalty because of the owner's loss of use.

I would not expect the club to disrupt itself by moving equioment during the playing season.
Gym equipment and furniture could be moved after the season ends and be ready for use when the players return for pre-season training.

Team HQ should be at Moorabbin all next season.
i guess the good part is that the contractors are working for the AFL and the ALP not just us.

ace
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Looks like one or two concrete pours to me.

The black plastic serves two purposes. It does act as a waterproof membrane, but with modern concrete it is not really required. What the plastic does is stop water leeching into the soil when it is poured which can seriously effect the strength and curing time of the concrete.

Probably two pours. Will be 32 or 40mpa concrete. Will be finished in a day. They will be building on it in two days. Pretty straight forward.

Most likely after ALL the ground work ( reinforcement) goes in, then it will be poured in one hit. Probably 150 to 300 cubic meters. Easy done.

The walls WILL be precast concrete. It is CHEAP, easy and FAST. You can also get the precast gear to look quite snazzy.

Will be a quick process and it is moving along nicely. After the slabs are poured, generally these projects get finished really, really quickly.

Coming along nicely.
Will they pour the footings at the same time as the slab or use separate pours?

I used to hate precast.
Any mistake in the shop drawings and services get left out.
Then later when alterations and additions or refurbishments are required services usually have to be surface run.
And the services engineers gets blamed!
Pre cast easy for the builder, hard for the services.

But I don't mind anymore - arthritis persuaded me to prematurely retire at 51 with more than enough investment income for my modest needs.

Someone else has all my electrical design headaches and stress. :D :D :D

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Gilbo1on1
Club Player

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Footings and slab at the same time.

Unless there is a particular object that requires a substantial foundation.

Concrete is a mongrel of an industry. Dont mean to offend anyone, but the amount of actual building codes that they need to work to is negligible. And there are ZERO actual accreditation that concreter's need. Get yourself a ute, set of gumboots, a shovel and a hanky to wear on your head and you can call yourself a concreter.

Precast now days is the method of choice due to cost and ease of install.

Very difficult to get wrong if the designs are decent. Add to that the ease of "decorative" materials. It can look top notch.

Any "wrong" panels get thrown back to the panel yards or concrete suppliers now days anyway. If anything arrives out of spec, it gets replaced pretty quickly.

Most precast panels especially are made with very high strength, early ageing concrete. This means they are poured, picked up and installed in just a couple of days.

Should look good.

If they have decent builders.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Gilbo1on1
Club Player

i'm no builder. i saw that footing marked 4A in the above picture and thought it looked a bit dodge, but yeah, i dont know what i'm looking at.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Gilbo1on1 wrote:i'm no builder. i saw that footing marked 4A in the above picture and thought it looked a bit dodge, but yeah, i dont know what i'm looking at.
Looks very dodgy for a footing, seeing that it is a column.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:Good work. Hope you live close to the Seaford site, gilbo, because it's just a construction site and I wouldn't be racing out there to take those pics :wink:
I have a feeling that Gilbo1on1, aka Loyal, OneGram, BaysideSaint lives in Seaford.

I also have this feeling he won't be posting anymore under the above nics.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:thanks Gilbo1on1

welcome gilbo1on1- you've made a great start- running at 10 + posts per day :)
Still got a way to go to be as avid as milton..

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It's Frangga guys!

Please stop calling it "Seaford".

The corporate spin doctors might close this site down :lol: :lol: :lol:

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Its Seaford ...

Milton66
SS Life Member

bobmurray wrote:
saintbrat wrote:thanks Gilbo1on1

welcome gilbo1on1- you've made a great start- running at 10 + posts per day :)
Still got a way to go to be as avid as milton..
MAybe you should come over to the general (aka the happy side) forum and see what the rest of us are up to. :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
ace
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:It's Frangga guys!

If our present training ground is in Kingston then our future training ground is in Frangga.

If our present training ground is in Moorabbin then our future training ground is in Seaford.

It's SEAFORD

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I stopped by the new site yesterday and has no one else considered that once we move in, there will be screams from local residents re the traffic flow through residential areas, as there doesn't appear to be an easy exit to either Seaford Road or the Frankston-Dandenong Road. Therefore we could end up with another version of unhappy Linton Street residents.

Sigh it makes me even more angry about what Kingston Council let go from the local area in terms of new facilities for local residents. Thanks again Topsey Peachy, former mayor of Kingston and the hostility towards the club and the ground.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

try a 57 seat bus :oops:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ace
Saintsational Legend

Update from Saints.com.au

http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx

Footings and floor slab have been poured - see the concrete pump in action.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Completion in August, ready for the club to move in after we win the Grand Final and before pre-season training starts for 2011.

casey scorp
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:I stopped by the new site yesterday and has no one else considered that once we move in, there will be screams from local residents re the traffic flow through residential areas, ......
Yes! But, strangely, some denied the obvious.

These may be the same people who try to continue the myth that we are in Frankston and not Seaford.

Of course we're in Seaford, of course the location is crap for an AFL footy club HQ and of course the lemmings will come out and say you've got it wrong.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:I stopped by the new site yesterday and has no one else considered that once we move in, there will be screams from local residents re the traffic flow through residential areas, ......

These may be the same people who try to continue the myth that we are in Frankston and not Seaford.

Of course we're in Seaford, of course the location is crap for an AFL footy club HQ and of course the lemmings will come out and say you've got it wrong.
And of course people will say the move will never happen and of course people will say Casey is a much better spot even though that place is in the middle of nowhere. Yes it is Seaford and the issue is what may i ask. Very easy to get to for most of the players being just off a main freeway and for the 20 people who go watch training they will now come from the Seaford area instead of the Moorabbin area as happened 44 years ago when they moved from St Kilda.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:It's Frangga guys!

It's Seaford, the Seaford Bowling Club is on the other side of the street, so it is Seaford, not Franskton.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
casey scorp wrote:

And of course people will say the move will never happen and of course people will say Casey is a much better spot even though that place is in the middle of nowhere. Yes it is Seaford and the issue is what may i ask. Very easy to get to for most of the players being just off a main freeway and for the 20 people who go watch training they will now come from the Seaford area instead of the Moorabbin area as happened 44 years ago when they moved from St Kilda.
I've heard the reason Luke Ball won't entertain joining Melbourne is that he doesn't want to train and play at Casey, just like Brock McLean. :)

ace
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
casey scorp wrote:

I've heard the reason Luke Ball won't entertain joining Melbourne is that he doesn't want to train and play at Casey, just like Brock McLean. :)
I've heard the reason Luke Ball doesn't want to train and play at Casey, is that he won't entertain joining Melbourne, just like Brock McLean. :)