Belvedere Reserve and Peninsula Link

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oldtimer
Club Player

Belvedere Reserve and Peninsula Link

The new training facility construction is underway. Nearby work has also commenced on the first phase of the Peninsula Link project with the Lathams Road underpass starting late August. The Peninsula Link will commence where Eastlink finishes and will go straight past the Saints new training facility at Belverdere Reserve and continue to bypass Frankston (yeah!!) and go right through to Mt Martha.
http://www.seita.com.au/pages/peninsula ... e-maps.asp
Can't wait for that to happen. So there will be plenty of construction going on in the background well after we start training there at the end of the 2010 season. The Peninsula Link Authority projects an early 2013 completion date for the project.
For those who haven't been to Belvedere Reserve you need to get off the Frankston Freeway at either Rutherford Road or Seaford Road and get on to Brunel Road and find East Road and that will take you to the Reserve. There isn't much to look at at present and when you look to the background of the Reserve all you see is the back of factories, a number with grafitti, so its looks very average to say the least. With the Link going through it will shield the training facility from such an eyesore but I can't say that training next to a major freeway makes much sense though. My wife is a naturopath and she says having it there means really bad air.
On the plus side some players may see some sense in living further down on the Peninsula after the Link is completed. Cleaner air from Dromana onwards.

I was there in 1966