our best 22 going forwar

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

big_mac_evoy5
Club Player

our best 22 going forwar

our best 22 is more like this:

gilbert,dawson,baker,
dempster,fisher,gram
montagna,hayes,lovett,
goddard,rooey,peake
schnieder,kosi, devlopng player *
gardiner,dalsanto,jones
int. ball,king,mc qualter,milne/ devopling player*
emg:amaritage,geary,eddy

developing players: steven/stanley/mcevoy/armitage/lynch)
( i say these blokes to develop them and work there way into the team)

saints for the flag armitage for rising start
saintDal
Club Player

Not a bad team but should we really be going for war??? :wink: :)

ace
Saintsational Legend

I think we should form an alliance with the United States, they have the best military going around and they have the right weapons when a big long bomb is called for.

As a sign of our commitment we could send some coaching staff led by GT to Afghanistan and in return the U.S. could nuke Geelong.
Last edited by ace on Sun 01 Nov 2009 1:13pm, edited 2 times in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Gilbo1on1
Club Player

sorry big_mac too many devos and lopers

Batnoe

Just because we traded for Peake doesnt mean he is in our team yet, i am sure he will be, but isnt yet!!

Ray is a far better option

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I would like to see Blake get a mention on that list

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Where's Raph? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Gilbo1on1
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Where's Raph? !!
sitting on the can taking a donald trump -- "YOU'RE FIRED!"

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Gilbo1on1 wrote:
Eastern wrote:Where's Raph? !!
sitting on the can taking a donald trump -- "YOU'RE FIRED!"
lol

coming from a poster that has been "FIRED" or banned 3 times under other nics...

first it was Loyal, then OneGram, then BaysideSaint...

Now Gilbo1on1... :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
big_mac_evoy5
Club Player

lol i stuffed up ray is defnitely in my side. blake is alright but i don't think he fits in aswell in the back 6 . off the rebound fisher gilbert are better. and the others are better at shutting down. don't get me started of raph clarke the man can't play football give him half a chance to stuff up and he will do it everytime.

the only change i wold make is milne for ray. i forgot about ray. but he is a gun

ace
Saintsational Legend

big_mac_evoy5 wrote:lol i stuffed up ray is defnitely in my side. blake is alright but i don't think he fits in aswell in the back 6 . off the rebound fisher gilbert are better. and the others are better at shutting down. don't get me started of raph clarke the man can't play football give him half a chance to stuff up and he will do it everytime.

the only change i wold make is milne for ray. i forgot about ray. but he is a gun
They said they forgot about Ball in the grand final, should have given him more game time.
You just gave Ray zero game time because you forgot. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
big_mac_evoy5
Club Player

ace wrote:
big_mac_evoy5 wrote:lol i stuffed up ray is defnitely in my side. blake is alright but i don't think he fits in aswell in the back 6 . off the rebound fisher gilbert are better. and the others are better at shutting down. don't get me started of raph clarke the man can't play football give him half a chance to stuff up and he will do it everytime.

They said they forgot about Ball in the grand final, should have given him more game time.
You just gave Ray zero game time because you forgot. :roll: :roll: :roll:

but i am not an afl coach mate. if it was my job i woukdn't make these mistakes. and i don't believe they forgot rl is a smart man he knows what was going on. he is just playing coy.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saintDal wrote:Not a bad team but should we really be going for war??? :wink: :)
haha don't think the penny has dropped yet. :lol:

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:I think we should form an alliance with the United States, they have the best military going around and they have the right weapons when a big long bomb is called for.

As a sign of our commitment we could send some coaching staff led by GT to Afghanistan and in return the U.S. could nuke Geelong.
Might have to train Bakes and Kosi as well. The kings of friendly fire :oops:

Btw I'd probably take more than our best 22 for war :lol:

ThePunter
Club Player

This sort of thing is a bit of fun we all like participating in at this time of year to break the boredom.

Baker Dawson Blake
Gilbert S Fisher Gram
Lovett Goddard Dal Santo
McQualter Riewoldt Geary
Milne Koschitzke Schneider
Gardiner Hayes Montagna
McEvoy Ball Ray Steven

What everyone should remember, however, is that next season is quite some time away, and chances are a few blokes could come from nowhere and stake a claim as a regular 22 selection (2005-S Fisher, 2006-Gram, 2009- McQualter & Dawson). That'll be the interesting thing, and Armo, Steven, Stanley, Lynch and Heyne look the most likely candidates for this.

Saintersss
Club Player

Best 22:

Remember we had a great season and only lost 3 games albeit the big one. But there shouldn't be many changes.

B: Baker Dawson Blake
HB: Goddard Fisher Gilbert
C: Gram Dal Santo Montagna
HF: Lovett Riewoldt Schnieder
F: Milne Kosi McQualter
FOLL: Gardiner Hayes Jones
Inter: McEvoy Ball Clarke Ray

Milne: A lot of people have him out of the side, but you must be kidding. I mean sure he had a shocking final series, but do you seriously think Steven would have had a better one? He is still a great player and many teams would love to have him. We cannot replace 50-60goals that easily.

Peake: Has ALOT to prove, defiently does not start in the 22, but hopefully he can break in. Just cause we traded him in does not mean he is in our best 22. Look I'm not saying it was a bad trade, but he has to show he deserves to be in the team.

McEvoy: Should take over King, although not a certainty. King I think is just a back-up as if one of Gardy or Big Mac get injured we'd be in a bit of strife. Stanley may possibly be given one or two games if 2 more or more injuries occur, but probably not. But he will be like McEvoy was this year, in 2010. I know we are all excited about him after the GF sprint, but lets give him time.

Ball: Currently in the team as I think he will stay. Armitage should take his spot if he leaves.

Clarke: Currently has the 22nd spot and is there to free Goddard into the midfield, but personally feel he will be overtaken by one of Miles or Simpkin. Not bashing him, but unless there is improvement or he moves to the wing (which will be tough as he would have to replace Monty, Gram or Lovett) or too the forward flank, he might struggle to retain a spot. I think he is a decent player, but he does make a few too many mistakes and they are too costly in defence and therefore I feel he'd be better up the ground where his mistakes do not hurt the team as much.

Midfield back up: Armitage, Geary, Steven and Peake.

Very good backup here. I'd expect Geary and Armo to play most weeks as you'd expect injuries (tough wood). I think Geary might cement his spot though the year as it progresses. He showed great signs before he tired out this year. Armo has a huge chance to become a regular if Ball leaves. Peake might struggle to get a spot unless he shows a lot. We now have plenty of pace with Lovett, Montagna, Gram, Ray and Geary when he plays. Steven hopefully will get some games, but its hard to see who's spot he takes with Armo and Geary ahead of him. But overall we have great depth in the middle.

Defence back up: Dempster, Simpkin, Miles, L.Fisher.

Lots of medium defenders here, so if injuries do strike (touch wood), Gilbert or Fisher will have to play tall and be replaced by Miles/Simpkin/Dempster. Miles must show something this year or it could be goodbye, but I have a good feeling about him. Has pace and is now at a mature age at 23. Simpkin showed great signs this year and could break in the side for a few games.

Forward back up: Eddy, Gwilt, Heyne, Lynch.

I hope Lynch or Heyne can have great seasons and break into the team for the 3rd tall role, but realistically I'm probably asking for too much, but they are there if needed. Eddy and Gwilt are there as backup for the defensive forward role. Both need to show something this year if they get a chance or it could be it for them.

Youngins(Not expected to get a game): Cahill, Smith, McGrath, Gaertner, this year's draftees.
And there is Brad Howard... Not going to say anything about him.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

The penny hasn't dropped for a few people.

Some of us were just making silly jokes because the OP didn't spell forward with the "d". So we were playing with the last word "forwar" as "for war".

Wasn't about the speculation about the list :wink:

awesome_days
Club Player

Gimmees are in CAPS, debateables in lower.

BAKER DAWSON Blake
GILBERT FISHER Ray
MONTAGNA HAYES GRAM
Lovett RIEWOLDT GODDARD
Schneider KOSCHITZKE Milne
GARDINER DAL SANTO JONES

McEvoy Armitage Ball RClarke

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

awesome_days wrote:Gimmees are in CAPS, debateables in lower.

BAKER DAWSON Blake
GILBERT FISHER Ray
MONTAGNA HAYES GRAM
Lovett RIEWOLDT GODDARD
GARDINER DAL SANTO JONES

I'm thinking pretty much along these lines, though I'd love to see either Stanley or Tommy Walsh pressing for a spot on the half forward line, which would release Goddard and/or Lovett to do their thing around the ground.

Not sure about all of Hayes, Ball and Armitage in the same line up. Might be one too many grunt onballers unless Armo plays as a forward.

older saint
SS Life Member

awesome_days wrote:Gimmees are in CAPS, debateables in lower.

BAKER DAWSON Blake
GILBERT FISHER Ray
MONTAGNA HAYES GRAM
Lovett RIEWOLDT GODDARD
GARDINER DAL SANTO JONES

Everyone seems to under rate the role Blake plays for the team. Should be Capitals above also after this season. Lovett will come in after great season at Essendon. Scneider clearly our best small forward in big games
Pressure on Ray from Steven after ordinary finals. Ball in if stays .
Look for Gwilt to continue to improve across half forward also if the mids do not step up to let Goddard go there.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Blake finished in the top 10 in the B & F, He is one of the first picked EVERY week. Definitely in our best 18

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:[Pressure on Ray from Steven after ordinary finals.
not sure that i'd single out ray yet. it was his first finals campaign for us.

granted he didn't set the world on fire, but the same can be said of a few others including guys like (in no particular order) milne, kosi, dempster, raph, macqualter and king (to name just a few).

probably the most constructive thing to say is that pressure will come on all spots. it must for us to take the extra steps needed.

a priority is to find a third forward who can kick goals as well as defend. i like gwilt as a player, but he might not be dangerous enough on goal.

older saint
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
older saint wrote:[Pressure on Ray from Steven after ordinary finals.
not sure that i'd single out ray yet. it was his first finals campaign for us.

granted he didn't set the world on fire, but the same can be said of a few others including guys like (in no particular order) milne, kosi, dempster, raph, macqualter and king (to name just a few).

probably the most constructive thing to say is that pressure will come on all spots. it must for us to take the extra steps needed.

a priority is to find a third forward who can kick goals as well as defend. i like gwilt as a player, but he might not be dangerous enough on goal.
Finals for bulldogs last year were poor also. Hope i am wrong but definitely a pattern starting ala Milne.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Hope i am wrong.
yes, so do i.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote:Best 22:

Remember we had a great season and only lost 3 games albeit the big one. But there shouldn't be many changes.

B: Baker Dawson Blake
HB: Goddard Fisher Gilbert
C: Gram Dal Santo Montagna
HF: Lovett Riewoldt Schnieder
F: Milne Kosi McQualter
FOLL: Gardiner Hayes Jones
Inter: McEvoy Ball Clarke Ray

Milne: A lot of people have him out of the side, but you must be kidding. I mean sure he had a shocking final series, but do you seriously think Steven would have had a better one? He is still a great player and many teams would love to have him. We cannot replace 50-60goals that easily.

Peake: Has ALOT to prove, defiently does not start in the 22, but hopefully he can break in. Just cause we traded him in does not mean he is in our best 22. Look I'm not saying it was a bad trade, but he has to show he deserves to be in the team.

McEvoy: Should take over King, although not a certainty. King I think is just a back-up as if one of Gardy or Big Mac get injured we'd be in a bit of strife. Stanley may possibly be given one or two games if 2 more or more injuries occur, but probably not. But he will be like McEvoy was this year, in 2010. I know we are all excited about him after the GF sprint, but lets give him time.

Ball: Currently in the team as I think he will stay. Armitage should take his spot if he leaves.

Clarke: Currently has the 22nd spot and is there to free Goddard into the midfield, but personally feel he will be overtaken by one of Miles or Simpkin. Not bashing him, but unless there is improvement or he moves to the wing (which will be tough as he would have to replace Monty, Gram or Lovett) or too the forward flank, he might struggle to retain a spot. I think he is a decent player, but he does make a few too many mistakes and they are too costly in defence and therefore I feel he'd be better up the ground where his mistakes do not hurt the team as much.

Midfield back up: Armitage, Geary, Steven and Peake.

Very good backup here. I'd expect Geary and Armo to play most weeks as you'd expect injuries (tough wood). I think Geary might cement his spot though the year as it progresses. He showed great signs before he tired out this year. Armo has a huge chance to become a regular if Ball leaves. Peake might struggle to get a spot unless he shows a lot. We now have plenty of pace with Lovett, Montagna, Gram, Ray and Geary when he plays. Steven hopefully will get some games, but its hard to see who's spot he takes with Armo and Geary ahead of him. But overall we have great depth in the middle.

Defence back up: Dempster, Simpkin, Miles, L.Fisher.

Lots of medium defenders here, so if injuries do strike (touch wood), Gilbert or Fisher will have to play tall and be replaced by Miles/Simpkin/Dempster. Miles must show something this year or it could be goodbye, but I have a good feeling about him. Has pace and is now at a mature age at 23. Simpkin showed great signs this year and could break in the side for a few games.

Forward back up: Eddy, Gwilt, Heyne, Lynch.

I hope Lynch or Heyne can have great seasons and break into the team for the 3rd tall role, but realistically I'm probably asking for too much, but they are there if needed. Eddy and Gwilt are there as backup for the defensive forward role. Both need to show something this year if they get a chance or it could be it for them.

Youngins(Not expected to get a game): Cahill, Smith, McGrath, Gaertner, this year's draftees.
And there is Brad Howard... Not going to say anything about him.
Something I have been thinking about....

The question that is going through my head is whats the worth in playing a certain way (ie with Milne) for the season, with it being rendered useless during the finals.

But then again, bar Roo and Hayes, Milne wasnt the only one.