Club bet $50 voucher

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Club bet $50 voucher

All members will be receiving a thank-you letter from the club with a $50 betting voucher from clubbet

To redeem it, you must join up on phone or online and call them and ask for sales, they will apply the $50 credit to your account the same day. It cant be done online.

Before Im 85
james rose
Club Player

I'm glad to see the club getting in on potential betting revenue.

Most betting agencies offer some sort of affiliate deal, my site for example uses sportsbet and like club bet they provide a $50 free bet for those who sign up through our site.

Has saintsational ever considered advertising to cover some costs? Something as simple as adsense would make a difference.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

That's interesting, are there any catches?

Say I make the 50$ bet and win 500 back, can I call it a day, withdraw my money then close my account, are there fees or anything like that?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
james rose
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:That's interesting, are there any catches?

Say I make the 50$ bet and win 500 back, can I call it a day, withdraw my money then close my account, are there fees or anything like that?
you don't get the $50 you placed the bet with back. Only the winnings, encouraging you to go the long shot.

and

I think you have to turn over the winnings as well (ie re bet and win again)

but a free bet is a free bet lol.

I'm hoping (for the benefit of my site) lots of people click on the sportsbet banner on my site come cup day. I mean who doesn't want a $50 free bet on Cup day haha.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:That's interesting, are there any catches?

You have to give the $50 back once you get a collect over $50.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Does my three year old nephew get one as well?

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

I called the number on the voucher and they told me to set up the account online and someone from their sales department will call me. So I set it up. If they don't call tomorrow, I will call them.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I don't bet
anyone want to trade :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Club bet $50 voucher

saintsrus wrote:All members will be receiving a thank-you letter from the club with a $50 betting voucher from clubbet

To redeem it, you must join up on phone or online and call them and ask for sales, they will apply the $50 credit to your account the same day. It cant be done online.
Yeah, I received the thank you letter, but in that was a flyer from clubbet Titled "Be you own Boss"

Earn up to $2,500 for every person you refer to clubbet, no matter whether your friend wins or loses you will receive 1% of every deposit they make.

No mention at all about the $50 betting voucher...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I binned my voucher.....

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

If the club wants to thank us , why don't they just give us $50 off our membership ! I'm lucky , i'm able to gamble responsibly , thousands of people in this state carn't. Exposing people to potential ways of losing large amounts of money , is not something the football club should be involved with.

StSteven
Club Player

It's a disgrace. Phony "gift" and introducing many to gambling.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:It's a disgrace. Phony "gift" and introducing many to gambling.
Agree totally, I thought this club ridded itself of two bit hustlers, gamblers and conmen on the 12/9/06.

It is morally reprehensible to promote and encourage gambling by enticing members to potential dangers they might hopefully otherwise ignore.

I don't think it is karmically sound for the St Kilda Football Club to be distributing this junk and my voucher went straight to the trash can where it belongs.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

mr six o'clock wrote:If the club wants to thank us , why don't they just give us $50 off our membership..........
This. I would much rather $50 off my membership - or a $50 voucher for the Saints merchandise shop :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Interesting reaction. Fair enough though. To each their own.
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Fri 30 Oct 2009 8:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:If the club wants to thank us , why don't they just give us $50 off our membership..........
This. I would much rather $50 off my membership - or a $50 voucher for the Saints merchandise shop :shock:
So... you'd rather take $50 away from the club, rather than take a FREE bet from another organisation?

Bit selfish isn't it??? :roll:

They walk amongst us...

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

HSVKing wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
So... you'd rather take $50 away from the club, rather than take a FREE bet from another organisation?

Why is it selfish for members to want a $50 'thank you' in the form they prefer. Members give to the club in many ways - what's wrong with the club giving something real back :shock:

Many betting agencies offer 'free' $50 or $100 free bets for people to join - so is the club really giving something free :roll:

I would rather the club give something folks can use, than to promote gambling..........

Hold your ground :shock:
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

Why is it selfish for members to want a $50 'thank you' in the form they prefer. Members give to the club in many ways - what's wrong with the club giving something real back :shock:

If they win in Round 52, 2009, the club can have all my money. And that's my 2 cents worth :!:
Many betting agencies offer 'free' $50 or $100 free bets for people to join - so is the club really giving something free :roll:

I would rather the club give something folks can use, than to promote gambling..........

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Yeah, I received the thank you letter, but in that was a flyer from clubbet Titled "Be you own Boss"

Earn up to $2,500 for every person you refer to clubbet, no matter whether your friend wins or loses you will receive 1% of every deposit they make.

Ditto[/quote]

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:

Ditto
[/quote]

It should have been in the form of a facsimile $50 note on one side and the details on the other side. It is a separate leaflet to the "Be your own Boss" leaflet.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

If the club gives everyone $50 off their membership, that's more than $1.5 million the club will not get next season.

Think about it FFS.

They walk amongst us...

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

If the club gives everyone $50 off their membership, that's more than $1.5 million the club will not get next season.

Think about it FFS.
Exactly...and there was a $10 voucher for the Merch shop in the letter anyway :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintrod
Club Player

As long as you know you don't get the principal when you take one of these offers up which I was dumb enough not to pick up myself for another free bet offer it is OK. However the realilty is most people are like me which means it is bordering on a legal misrepresantation.

SaintDebi
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:Yeah, I received the thank you letter, but in that was a flyer from clubbet Titled "Be you own Boss"

You're welcome to mine if I can find it again.

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Yeah, I received the thank you letter, but in that was a flyer from clubbet Titled "Be you own Boss"

You're welcome to mine if I can find it again.
It's one per account. You don't need the voucher. Just mention "Saints Premiership Promotion"