Crysal ball??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

peter lockwood
Club Player

Crysal ball??

What does everyone think will happen with Maguire and Ball.Will they both stay or go.I think that they will both probably stay,I hope!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i think goose will stay ... im fairly sure that with a full preseason behind him he would be able to force his way back into the side ... as for Luke Ball its gunna take a bit of humble pie to be eaten to get it done so i dunno it could go either way

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
sainter_25

goose will go on and recieve more game time in 2010, IMO i think we will be able to work out the ball situation also

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Unless he regains his lost form and consistency and improves the length of his kicking - Luke Ball will probably end up eating humble pie at St Kilda or elsewhere.

It's all up to him - he surely can't be blaming St kilda who was paying him as if he was an elite player, when he should have been already eating humble pie based on his performance over the last few years.

If Luke Ball decides to leave after being played ahead of Armitage in the finals - Armitage should hold the door open for him and wave him past as he goes.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Goose will probably stay. Bally will probably go.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Gut-feel suggests Goose will stay and Ball will eat very humble pie and be a better player because of it! :)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Don't know about Goose. The closer it gets to the deadline without us hearing about Bally, the more I think he will stay. We should know one way or the other by Wednesday or Thursday !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Both will stay.

And both will be premiership players this time next year.

Sainterman
Club Player

Not sure about Maguire, but mail has it Ball will stay! As I always say, take it or leave it but I hear things went well with the players while in the states, and I don't think Melbourne is the most attractive option as far as Luke is concerned.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Crystal not crysal :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

sainter_25 wrote:goose will go on and recieve more game time in 2010, IMO i think we will be able to work out the ball situation also
Goose, more game time?
Not too hard, seeing he played zero game time this year.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Gilbo1on1
Club Player

reckon the twenty-two will all take a 10k trim and keep him on the book at approx. 350k
know BJ, dal, joey, grammy and the vice captain would prefer to keep him in red, white and black.

[EDIT:] Ball that is ^ :Luke 'Crystal' Ball.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Hope both stay but its gonna be hard for Maguire to break into defence for mine....

Ball would be a great recruit to go with Lovetts run.......hope he stays

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I hope they don't cut Goose free just yet.

Ball...I don't give a rats either way.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintTom
Club Player

I want both of them to stay, would love to see Goose back as a permanent player.

As with Ball, I can't see why we would want him to leave? I know he has turned his back on the club by saying that he wants to go to Filth, but should we really cast him aside so easily?

Also, (and I know this would have been brought up in one of the millions of Luke Ball threads) but why did Ross not give him more game time? I mean with about half the game he got more than 20 possessions on GF day, and yet Ross still decided to hold him on the bench for so much of the second half. He even said afterward that it was a bad decision to keep him off the ground, so why did he do it? When push comes to shove, does RL really not have that much faith in him? And would that change to give Luke more game time next year if he stayed and applied himself?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Luke will be asking himself, why did Collingwood offer so little for me...

PJ
SS Life Member

Don't really mind either way with Ball & Maguire - I'm pretty confident we've got both covered but having said that if Ross feels there's a place for them then bring it on.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/d ... 5791493885

This article suggests Melbourne still feel they have a show..

“Yeah….nah””
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SaintTom wrote:
Also, (and I know this would have been brought up in one of the millions of Luke Ball threads) but why did Ross not give him more game time?
Because Lenny and Dal as contested ball winners area lot more damging than Ball is.

Unfortunately Ball does not hurt the opposition like Lenny and Dal do....so hence Ball is now there to spel the others who are playing at their max times.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
spert
Saintsational Legend

A midfielder currently needs to have penetrating disposal by foot and good acceleration.. Luke lacks both, but doesn't have any shortage of courage. Obviously our mids have a lot of skills in a lot of areas but quality foot disposal skills are not there and I doubt if LB will remain and I don't know what role he would fill if he does stay.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hope Goose stays.

Ball can stay if he wants to - dont really care anymore. he will be a good depth player and may help the Zebra's and youngsters.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Gilbo1on1
Club Player

spert wrote:A midfielder currently needs to have penetrating disposal by foot and good acceleration.. Luke lacks both, but doesn't have any shortage of courage. Obviously our mids have a lot of skills in a lot of areas but quality foot disposal skills are not there and I doubt if LB will remain and I don't know what role he would fill if he does stay.
bit harsh.
he is a phenominal tackler.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:A midfielder currently needs to have penetrating disposal by foot and good acceleration.. Luke lacks both, but doesn't have any shortage of courage. Obviously our mids have a lot of skills in a lot of areas but quality foot disposal skills are not there and I doubt if LB will remain and I don't know what role he would fill if he does stay.
I dont think Joel Sellwood is super quick or has Buckley like disposal but he can AT LEAST run/carry and kick a goal. Pound for pound in and under - Ball is easily his equal and thats Lukes strength. His ability to get first hands on it in a contested situation should not be underestimated.

That aside - I can see Lyon wants Luke to realise what he really can be - and that is FAR more damaging if he could only run/carry and attract the odd outside ball in a dangerous position. And fair enough - thats the 10-15% that could really take Ball to another level.

Hope Luke gets that - its tough love at the moment but there are clearly reasons for it and IMHO having added some dash to the side......Luke Ball could actually play a greater role next year than he realises.

“Yeah….nah””
PJ
SS Life Member

if he could only run/carry and attract the odd outside ball in a dangerous position
He should watch tapes of Harves to jog his memory - Harves was the master of the 20 metre pass, and he was certainly not fast but extremely damaging. You'd love Luke to be able to emulate the great man and really I'm not sure of the stats but I'm sure Harves wasn't playing more than 50% game time. .

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am so used to seeing the word crysal on the main page, that I have added it to my vocab :wink: