Why the noose on Goose?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Let's not be fooled by form in the VFL. It can be very misleading both ways (ie a player flying in the VFL does not necessarily have the ability to play AFL). We've seen guys who've looked just average in the VFL and then stepped up to AFL and handled themselves very well. Sam Gilbert was one. Going back a long way, Jamie Shanahan was another.

I've seen other guys come back from injury through the VFL, when they've looked like they were plodding along, and then slotted into the seniors with ease.

hotdish
Club Player

Gee, by the comments Lyon made today on the website, he sounds GONE:

Does Matt Maguire have a future at AFL level?

"I think everyone’s got a future if they want a future. He’s overseas and we’re still working through our list. He has certainly been a respected player at St Kilda."

shmic_s
Club Player

hotdish wrote:Gee, by the comments Lyon made today on the website, he sounds GONE:

"I think everyone’s got a future if they want a future. He’s overseas and we’re still working through our list. He has certainly been a respected player at St Kilda."
i was worried by that comment also. He's BEEN a respected player at st kilda. Not he IS a respected player at st kilda.

ace
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:
hotdish wrote:Gee, by the comments Lyon made today on the website, he sounds GONE:

i was worried by that comment also. He's BEEN a respected player at st kilda. Not he IS a respected player at st kilda.
The club has offered him a one year contract.
As Lyon said he's got a future if he wants a future.

But the one year contract implies the club is not certain that his medical and fitness issues are fully resolved.
We just don't know what nerve and tissue damage resulted from the compartment syndrone issue.
The level of damage may not affect a normal person but can make all the difference to an elite athlete.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Agree ace.

If you watch him play or train you can still see one leg is much leaner than the other. Won't affect normal life but as an elite sportsman very difficult.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell