Brisbane Lions look to Luke Ball after Daniel Bradshaw bails

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Brisbane Lions look to Luke Ball after Daniel Bradshaw bails

And the saga continues..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/b ... 5787732512

Geez he must be a player!

Another opportunity awaits!
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Bally used to be Joel Selwood - head down, ass up. The game at Skilled a few years, when he had 14 odd tackles (Garry Lyon fair dinkum had it out of his trousers on 9 that day), 35 touches and kicked 3, was his peak.

Now what is he? A bloke who gets hard ball for bursts.

The reason he didn't get more ground time was his TANK. He could not run out exchanges, and took ages to recover when taken off.

The fellas in charge of this football club do NOT play favourites.

Luke Ball said himself late in the year he knew what the problem was - him.

Grant Thomas stuffed him (hittin' his tit in Sydney when the kid was almost killed - what was that?).

Seems to me Bally is done in the skull. Bright kid, no judgement. Maybe, if he had a talk to Wally Lovett's little brother, Andrew, and discussed how you come to a footy club on the edge for shitloads less than you could get elsewhere, because you want to succeed, and that's what's important, we'd all be better off.

Alternatively, maybe Bally's first 2 years of part time Law Studies have turned him into a preeminent legal wanker, of the type we all know and love (NOT).

Summary - he either comes back to us, humbly, or his career is over. Funny, eh?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Schillaci
Club Player

I'm amazed at the turnover of Brisbane's list.

Outs: Bradshaw, Dalziel (WCE), MacDonald, Henderson (Carl), Notting (retired), Hooper, Roe, Clouston, King, Tyler, Harding + 5 rookies...

IMO they're making up the numbers next year. Will be lucky to make finals. Even with Fev/ Brown

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Schillaci wrote:I'm amazed at the turnover of Brisbane's list.

Outs: Bradshaw, Dalziel (WCE), MacDonald, Henderson (Carl), Notting (retired), Hooper, Roe, Clouston, King, Tyler, Harding + 5 rookies...

IMO they're making up the numbers next year. Will be lucky to make finals. Even with Fev/ Brown
Why is that. They have 4 months to get them to play as a team and their list is much better than this year.

Schillaci
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Schillaci wrote:I'm amazed at the turnover of Brisbane's list.

Why is that. They have 4 months to get them to play as a team and their list is much better than this year.
Just a feeling. We're talking about a huge proportion of their list as being new. Is 4 months enough?

I put them behind Saints, Cats, Dogs, Crows and Pies.
Fighting with Dons, Hawks, Port... for the lower places in the 8.
I realize they've got experience in...Staker, Buchanan, X, Raines...headlined by Fev.

It's going to be interesting.

Lennon
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote: Maybe, if he had a talk to Wally Lovett's little brother, Andrew, and discussed how you come to a footy club on the edge for shitloads less than you could get elsewhere, because you want to succeed, and that's what's important, we'd all be better off.
You can't be serious?

Andrew Lovett is not, nor ever will be, in a position to offer Luke Ball advice, on anything, ever.

Unless the DeLorean has malfunctioned and brought me back to the wrong future. :shock:

ace
Saintsational Legend

Lennon wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote: Maybe, if he had a talk to Wally Lovett's little brother, Andrew, and discussed how you come to a footy club on the edge for shitloads less than you could get elsewhere, because you want to succeed, and that's what's important, we'd all be better off.
You can't be serious?

Andrew Lovett is not, nor ever will be, in a position to offer Luke Ball advice, on anything, ever.

Unless the DeLorean has malfunctioned and brought me back to the wrong future. :shock:
Sadly you are right.
If Ball had good advice from the likes of Lovett he would not have done what he did.
Unfortunately he took rotten advice from Paul Connors, Mum, Malthouse and Ego Eddy.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Eddie has the be the dumbest **** to be a multi-millionaire.

he makes promises to everyone he can't keep.

fevola, ball, nick stevens, even shane crawford no wonder no one fuking likes the ass-hole

makes big promises to the players and then expects the clubs to fall over and give him what he wants for nothing.

Nick Stevens went to Carlton because Eddie made big promises to stevens and then offered Port SFA for him, expecting them to fall over.

he did the same thing to crawf a few years ago but the hawks legends talking him to staying (and winning a premiership in his last year).

you just got to wonder how fuking stupid is eddie? if he wasn't kerry packers ass cleaner he'd be in the gutter where he belongs.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Pretty hard to see anyone offering Bradshaw a 3 year contract. Unless they desperately want him for 2 years and are prepared to pay him something for a 3rd year, without expecting him to play that long. I think we can safely count ourselves out of this equation.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

he's 31 right?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
BaysideSaint
Club Player

raw vibes.
The Other Thommo - I liked the rant man. keep it real! :wink:

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Eddie has the be the dumbest **** to be a multi-millionaire.

he makes promises to everyone he can't keep.

fevola, ball, nick stevens, even shane crawford no wonder no one fuking likes the ass-hole

makes big promises to the players and then expects the clubs to fall over and give him what he wants for nothing.

Nick Stevens went to Carlton because Eddie made big promises to stevens and then offered Port SFA for him, expecting them to fall over.

he did the same thing to crawf a few years ago but the hawks legends talking him to staying (and winning a premiership in his last year).

you just got to wonder how fuking stupid is eddie? if he wasn't kerry packers ass cleaner he'd be in the gutter where he belongs.
Bizarre rant :? Eddie may be a few things but stupid isn't one of them. Maybe it's the players who are stupid for listening to him without doing their own due diligence? Either way, not sure how the pies have lost out on any of their deals you mentioned. He made a play for some big name players and didn't get them b/c he didn't offer enough, not like the pies have been giving away players to try and get them. He wants something for nothing - sometimes ppl are stupid enough to give you that.

And if you really believe that Eddie made his money by sucking up to Kerry Packer your delusioned. Who made the footy show what it was? Eddie's idea and now every channel has been trying to copy it or better it for 17 years. I don't like the footy show but I admire what Ed has done for footy.

Did sucking up to Packer assist Eddie dragging the pies out of the poor bin and making them the most powerful financial club in the league. I would have thought that is at least one criteria of a pres - making them financially sound.

You may not like Eddie - fair enough, but your reasons are bizarre to say the least. He is NOT dumb or stupid, possibly arrogant. If Eddie had been our pres for 10 years I guarantee we would love him.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

brisbane got rid of Hooper?
shesh... i thought he was alright :?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I heard Caro on 3AW tonight with Dwaynepipe adn Tony Shaw.
Discussing Brisbane's activity she said the following:-

'Michael Voss walked out of the Grand Final shaking his head and muttering - we'll never be able to compete with those 2 Clubs'

and proceeded to plan the complete overhaul of his list.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I thought the reason Voss did so well with his list last year, was because they were playing for him.

Then what does he do, either places them on the trade table or delists them :?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:brisbane got rid of Hooper?
shesh... i thought he was alright :?
Michael Voss clearly wants big game players, in his two finals Rhan Hooper had 9 touches, 4 tackles and 1 goal... deplorable effort...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
ThePunter
Club Player

Brisbane's trading this off-season can most closely be compared to the trades that the computer does in AFL Premiership 2006 on the PS2.

You simply don't move one in every four players on your list out in one year. You take opportunities to get some youth in when the time is right (like St Kilda last year), and otherwise pick your spots.

There will never be a Brisbane line-up with X Clarke, Raines, Buchanon, Staker & Fevola all in the side together.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:Brisbane's trading this off-season can most closely be compared to the trades that the computer does in AFL Premiership 2006 on the PS2.

You simply don't move one in every four players on your list out in one year. You take opportunities to get some youth in when the time is right (like St Kilda last year), and otherwise pick your spots.

There will never be a Brisbane line-up with X Clarke, Raines, Buchanon, Staker & Fevola all in the side together.
why not?

saint4life
ThePunter
Club Player

Because four of them are not automatic best 22 players.

It would be like saying Robert Neill, Rod Keogh, Jason Traianidis and Brad Campbell will all play in the same side for St Kilda during 1997. They're marginal players (and I loved, and still do love, Rod Keogh).

Also, Raines, Staker and X Clarke all have poor injury records.

I just think you pick your points. We went out and got Lovett, who is best-22, and Peake as our reclaimation project.

Voss went out and got four reclaimation projects, who arguably all have bigger question marks than Peake, whom I'm no massive wrap for.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Lennon wrote:
You can't be serious?

Andrew Lovett is not, nor ever will be, in a position to offer Luke Ball advice, on anything, ever......:shock:
Couldn't agree more :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

chook23 wrote:
ThePunter wrote:Brisbane's trading this off-season can most closely be compared to the trades that the computer does in AFL Premiership 2006 on the PS2.

why not?
Because Fev is the only good player and the rest are trash rejects.... Brisbane will be a 6-10 team...