Saints players LIVID with Luke Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Well lets get some facts right. I havent blamed the club at all. i think they probably should have done the deal but its not really important. i just dont like the way people have put Luke Ball down because he has decided to leave for reasons none of us know. There was a thread earlier this year where people rated Bally either as good a player as Judd which is stupid, but a better person than Judd and that they wouldnt swap him even if they had the chance. Now it seems to some that Bally is a bad person just because he wants to leave for reasons unknown.

Thats what I dont like.
Maybe some here who actually support the club didn't like the way the club was portrayed in the media being the "bad guy".

First it was Collingwood offered $500k contract
Then it was Ball wanted more game time
Then it was that his family (how emotive is it bringing his family into it?) was upset
Finally his position became "unrtenable".

All of this inferred the club had somehow done something wrong by protecting all of the members interests.

Why is it that the club has traded with Sysney - Geelong - Western Bulldogs - Essendon and Freo all in the past couple of years - but suddenly we are being "vindictive" (according to the press) in not getting bent over by Collingwood?

maybe some here are supportive of their club.

As for your question about money. It would have something to do with his decision. He would have been dissapointed with the drop in contract money - wouldn't sign - and then his game time was cut.

This along with the leak (probably by his manager) that Collingwood had offered substantially more than the Saints and then the subsequent excuses leaked to the press about game time and family and untenable positions - to try and protect Balls reputation - would suggest money was a factor.

But why does that matter? Money is important and really no right minded person would accuse Ball of being mercenary - many just wish that all of this leaking to the press to try and discredit the Saints would stop - thats all

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

saintpeter wrote:I think that Luke Ball has given a hell of a lot to this club. A regular sight has been Luke with various parts of his body bandaged. He was very good in the GF. The kid is 25, mid way or more (depending on the body) through his career. He owes it to himself and his family to maximise his opportunities and income in the next few years. I would love him to stay at St Kilda and that might still happen - I still think he has much to contribute. However, if he were to leave the club I would not think the less of him. Good luck mate, you are a top bloke.
now there we go - finally a post that does away with hypothesizing and slandering and simply states it as it is.
my take on this is that we've learned a lot more about each posters' own motivations, than we have about luke's.
good luck luke - wherever you play next year.
almost hope you go to collingwood, play 80+% and get the norm smith next year! (almost)

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Beej
Saintsational Legend

saintpeter wrote:I think that Luke Ball has given a hell of a lot to this club. A regular sight has been Luke with various parts of his body bandaged. He was very good in the GF. The kid is 25, mid way or more (depending on the body) through his career. He owes it to himself and his family to maximise his opportunities and income in the next few years. I would love him to stay at St Kilda and that might still happen - I still think he has much to contribute. However, if he were to leave the club I would not think the less of him. Good luck mate, you are a top bloke.
We've given him a hell of a lot as well. We gave him a shot at AFL, allowed him to continue his schooling after drafting him and paid him a more than generous wage for eight years while his body struggled to cope with the rigors of AFL. A wage most would admit was more than his value to the club.

I think, at the very least, what Luke could've done is ensured we got decent compensation for the time we put into him.

Sign a new deal for that exact reason and then ask for a trade, which I'm sure Lyon would've had no problem in granting and then being a little bit more flexible with his demands as opposed to requesting a move to one club. Both the club and Ball could've worked lot better with each other during this whole ordeal.

As it stands, we get phuck all for a player we put an enormous amount of time into bringing him through the system.

The club is losing out of this too.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Maybe some here who actually support the club didn't like the way the club was portrayed in the media being the "bad guy".
THE WHEEL IS SLOWLY STARTING TO TURN ON THIS ISSUE;

Adrian Anderson was on radio today saying that mediation was not used in the Ball deal because IT WASN'T REQUESTED. He went on to say that he would have liked it to go to mediation.

FWIW, I think that Collingwood avoided going down this path because they knew they weren't offering enough. I also think that Connors avoided going down this path as it would expose him and some of the BUSINESS PRACTICES he has in place.

Tony Shaw has stated that he didn't think Collingwood were serious about Luke. He also said that he didn't think they needed Luke and they didn't offer enough for a fair trade

Greg Swann (Carlton CEO) said that he knew fairly early that Collingwood would be unable to secure Fevola or Ball because of the Jolly deal. This was in answer to a question regarding Fev wanting to go to Collingwood.

It appears that there are some in the AFL land and media commentators who are starting to have similar opinions to some on here regarding;

(a) Dealing with Collingwood

(b) The business practices of Paul Connors

!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

BaysideSaint
Club Player

Eastern wrote:THE WHEEL IS SLOWLY STARTING TO TURN ON THIS ISSUE;

Adrian Anderson was on radio today saying that mediation was not used in the Ball deal because IT WASN'T REQUESTED. He went on to say that he would have liked it to go to mediation.

FWIW, I think that Collingwood avoided going down this path because they knew they weren't offering enough. I also think that Connors avoided going down this path as it would expose him and some of the BUSINESS PRACTICES he has in place.

Tony Shaw has stated that he didn't think Collingwood were serious about Luke. He also said that he didn't think they needed Luke and they didn't offer enough for a fair trade

Greg Swann (Carlton CEO) said that he knew fairly early that Collingwood would be unable to secure Fevola or Ball because of the Jolly deal.

It appears that there are some in the AFL land and media commentators who are starting to have similar opinions to some on here regarding;

(a) Dealing with Collingwood

(b) The business practices of Paul Connors

!!
(c) luke ball is a d1ckhead IMO

(d) i'm done giving a sh1t about him.

saintm
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
Greg Swann (Carlton CEO) said that he knew fairly early that Collingwood would be unable to secure Fevola or Ball because of the Jolly deal. This was in answer to a question regarding Fev wanting to go to Collingwood.
Don't think it would have taken a crystal ball for Greg Swann to figure that one out as the talk all along was that Carlton would not risk supporter backlash by trading Fevola to Collingwood.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintm wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Don't think it would have taken a crystal ball for Greg Swann to figure that one out as the talk all along was that Carlton would not risk supporter backlash by trading Fevola to Collingwood.
The interesting part for me was that Swann mentioned Ball without any prompting !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

BaysideSaint
Club Player

saintm wrote:
Eastern wrote:

hegsakly.
what do they have? 44,000?
they would have lost close to 5,000 members regardless.
was not ever going to happen.

interesting though that ratten when asked if he had had a look at ball said
"we felt that with brock mclean we had that in-and-under type to supply judd"
TRANSLATION:
"he was offered to us but we said no"
MY READ
perhaps they went too early on mclean?

BaysideSaint
Club Player

^^^^^
Eastern wrote:
saintm wrote:
Eastern wrote:
The interesting part for me was that Swann mentioned Ball without any prompting !!

Milton66
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Well lets get some facts right. I havent blamed the club at all. i think they probably should have done the deal but its not really important. i just dont like the way people have put Luke Ball down because he has decided to leave for reasons none of us know. There was a thread earlier this year where people rated Bally either as good a player as Judd which is stupid, but a better person than Judd and that they wouldnt swap him even if they had the chance. Now it seems to some that Bally is a bad person just because he wants to leave for reasons unknown.

Thats what I dont like.
I can't speak for anyone else here, but here's my take...

Footy is very emotional, and much like a spurned lover... the more you love someone, the deeper the hurt when that preson leaves you... as is the emotional backlash that follows.

Seriously mate, it's not about humour, but people react in different ways to any given situation. That's to be expected.

As for Judd, the guy is an obvious tosspot, but would obviously see the errors of his ways and decide to repent, if he ever came to play for us... as did Lovett... as would Fevola.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Bayside Saint, Your avatar is distracting and annoying.

Another opportunity awaits!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Bayside Saint, Your avatar is distracting and annoying.
His old one was better...
8-)

BaysideSaint
Club Player

it's giving Moccha a headache lol :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

So is his comments on Luke Ball.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
are they?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BaysideSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
are they?
Yes otherwise I wouldnt have said it.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BaysideSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
are they?
said what?
are they really?
comments? i have comments?
is it that i made comment or that they are comments?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ross has spoken to Luke since GF day, he had a meeting with him before the trade finished didn't he?

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BaysideSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
are they?
But then you didn't say it, you typed it.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
THE WHEEL IS SLOWLY STARTING TO TURN ON THIS ISSUE;

FWIW, I think that Collingwood avoided going down this path because they knew they weren't offering enough.

Collingwood were only interested in Ball if they could get him on the cheap.
They did not want him if they had to pay a fair price that would have resulted from mediation.
They hoped St Kilda would capitulate at the last moment and give them a bargain to save getting nothing.
Which ever way things went Collingwood knew they were a winner.
Without a deal Collingwood knew they would hurt a premiership rival.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

[/quote]
now there we go - finally a post that does away with hypothesizing and slandering and simply states it as it is.
my take on this is that we've learned a lot more about each posters' own motivations, than we have about luke's.
almost hope you go to collingwood, play 80+% and get the norm smith next year! (almost)[/quote]

Enjoyed and agreed with your post until the last line...heresy and should warrant a suspension of some type :x ...wishing that Luke ends up with the filth is bad enough but wanting him to be part of a winning Collingwood premiership team and being the reason they won it is stomach turning...

Give yourself a running uppercut and say ten hail harveys :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
almost hope you go to collingwood, play 80+% and get the norm smith next year! (almost)[/quote]

Enjoyed and agreed with your post until the last line...heresy and should warrant a suspension of some type :x ...wishing that Luke ends up with the filth is bad enough but wanting him to be part of a winning Collingwood premiership team and being the reason they won it is stomach turning...

Give yourself a running uppercut and say ten hail harveys :roll:[/quote]
desertsaint wrote:(almost)
:wink:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Thats what I dont like.
Yep, what he said.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: Luke Ball within rights

Hollywood wrote:RL has not spoken a single word to Luke Ball since GF day. He was told he is 5th in on ballers and will not get any more game time than he is currently getting. Given initially a 3 year deal at half price and then take it away. How would you feel? Saints would not bend over to Pies - fair enough. One career finished as StKilda. We want running backs - fair enough. Don't lambaste Luke Ball.
unless you spoke with Luke ball or know his father or brother or was n the room when RL said this it is just speculation

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Luke Ball within rights

Hollywood wrote:RL has not spoken a single word to Luke Ball since GF day. He was told he is 5th in on ballers and will not get any more game time than he is currently getting. Given initially a 3 year deal at half price and then take it away. How would you feel? Saints would not bend over to Pies - fair enough. One career finished as StKilda. We want running backs - fair enough. Don't lambaste Luke Ball.
You spend a bit of time with Ross and Luke, mate?

Fly on the wall?

Help Ross with game day strategies ?

Advise Luke on contract negs ?

What other inside stuff can you share?

You have this much so I suspect you're a veritable hot pot of gossip...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'