Max Hudghton joins Collingwood Magpies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

So far we have Max at Pieland, Robert Harvey at Carlton, Jason Cripps at Port Adelaide, (Mifsud went to ???) and at St.Kilda we have ?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
saintbrat wrote: BTW anyone else see who our next Ruck coach is likely to be ?
The first playing coach since Jesaulenko?
Yep, Stephen King :!: :!:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:So far we have Max at Pieland, Robert Harvey at Carlton, Jason Cripps at Port Adelaide, (Mifsud went to ???) and at St.Kilda we have ?
What's your point?

Not happy with our current coaching staff?

Personally I couldn't care less if Harves or Max or anyone returns to the saints. They were magnificent for our club, and now they've entered a different phase of their lives. Regardless of whether harves coaches another club to a premiership (even if it is the blues) it wouldn't change my opinion of him one bit. He'll always be remembered as a great saints PLAYER as will Max. Anything else is irrelevent.

boneless23
Club Player

It is an interesting one regarding Steven King being appointed the ruck coach.

I wonder how much he is getting paid for the coaching gig.

Perhaps the Dogs should appoint Aker as their midfield coach. Pay him a base wage to play and $400,000 p.a to coach....brilliant.

saintnick12
Club Player

Max kept this quiet in his radio interview this morning on SEN... :wink:

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Geez boys, what are you doing to us!!!!!!!!!!!

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:So far we have Max at Pieland, Robert Harvey at Carlton, Jason Cripps at Port Adelaide, (Mifsud went to ???) and at St.Kilda we have ?
Ross Lyon from Carlton, Fitzroy, Sydney etc
Stephen Silvagni from Carlton
Tony Elshaug from Melbourne etc
Leigh Tudor from Geelong
David Misson from Sydney

What goes around comes around. The latest era of the professional Saints will bring them back to us IMHO.

Good luck to Maxy. I just hope we still give him an appropriate send off next year.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:What's with this romantic notion of Harves & Max and the like. learning the trade elsewhere and once they are masters of their trade, They return triumphant to St kilda, like knights in shining armour? Pfffft.
What can you learn from a s*** hole?

Schillaci
Club Player

All the best Max...you'll need it if Presti is the best match up for Roo...you can't polish turds...but can take their $

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

they couldn't get Ball so they settled for Max......

they didn't have to give up anything to get him,at least they are consistent

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Milton66
SS Life Member

Yeah... bloody Mifsud. Can't believe we let him get away. :roll:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

All the best Maxy, you will no doubt be invaluable to them, but don't give them too much!!! :D

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Im sure we'll see Max and Banger back where they belong one day.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:good luck maxy - good to see you're valued so highly.

ps - don't expect harvs or max back at the saints under the current coaching group.

sorry - just being provocative!
very provocative!

why not. especially harvey, may one day come back!

anyway, max is only part time. as he works mostly in construction.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

honestly now days every club have more assistats then players sometimes !!! good on ya Maxy ... u served the saints well for you playing carreer so lets see how you serve the pies in your coaching ... (honestly given the choice i would take Maxs playing years over his coaching years !)

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
very provocative!

why not. especially harvey, may one day come back!

anyway, max is only part time. as he works mostly in construction.
harves is/ was also only part time
spends much of each week doing promotional work from what I can gather
Is HWH still in existance

I guess it depends on which part of the ween theya re working- during training or more game days..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget to leave your Max tributes on the front page, if you haven't done so already....

If Max was on the market, I would have snapped him up for an assistant role. Not sure that's the area that needs the most attention at Collingwood, but he is a quality individual to have on board.

groupie1
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
#1GILL wrote:All the best Max.

I just KNOW somebody is going to get on here and say he is a traitor or something similar :roll: :roll: :roll:
Why would you say that? He is entitled to go after any opportunity that is made available to him. He no longer has any ties to St Kilda (except for a MAGNIFICENT playing career) as he is a retired player.

Well done Max. Hope you enjoy your new role.
f****** traitor. I can't believe it! I can't stop crying. How DARE you go to Collingwood after all these years. I thought you were St Kilda through and through. I thought you bled red, white and black but obviously you and your manager are just money-sucking scoundrels like the Ball/Connors pair. Well good riddance. Just coz you couldn't get a game in the GF. Dal and Milne got dropped and they worked their way back in coz they got heart and soul. And you? Off to the Pies. I am so disappointed in Max. Thought we was made of better stuff than this.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:
saint75 wrote:

I just KNOW somebody is going to get on here and say he is a traitor or something similar :roll: :roll: :roll:
Why would you say that? He is entitled to go after any opportunity that is made available to him. He no longer has any ties to St Kilda (except for a MAGNIFICENT playing career) as he is a retired player.

f****** traitor. I can't believe it! I can't stop crying. How DARE you go to Collingwood after all these years. I thought you were St Kilda through and through. I thought you bled red, white and black but obviously you and your manager are just money-sucking scoundrels like the Ball/Connors pair. Well good riddance. Just coz you couldn't get a game in the GF. Dal and Milne got dropped and they worked their way back in coz they got heart and soul. And you? Off to the Pies. I am so disappointed in Max. Thought we was made of better stuff than this.
I hope you are joking otherwise you genuinely have no idea about football. Have you seen where all our coaches come from.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

All the best Maxie ( even if I dont like the team you went to)

I hope that once you have gained some outside perspective and knowledge you will find your way back to the St Kilda fold and we can benefit from all you learn

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I've got no problems with it at all! Neither did I have any problems with Harvs going to the Blues. It's stepping outside a comfort zone, they've done it all throughout their careers to make them the players we all came to love, why would they change their approach??? One thing you can count on is that both players will undoubtably come back to roost, and be better for it!

Good on you Max, and best of luck!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SaintDebi
Club Player

Good luck Max. Like Harves you will always have my respect regardless of where you feel the need to expand your experience.

Obviously collingwood realise that it is not just talent that their list requires, but class as well. Who better to bring them some?

Shattered dreams are just opportunities for improvement. Live and learn, fail and try harder. 2011 beckons.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:
saint75 wrote:

Ive been a member of this site for a long time and this is by far the worst, most ill informed and dumbest post ive ever read.

To bag a player that gave his all for St Kilda over more than a decade is nothing short pathetic IMHO.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I would hope that men of Maxie and Harvs calibre would always be welcome back at the club
Once they have cast their net a bit wider and expanded their knowledge and abilities as coaches that they would feel welcome to return to the Saints if thats what they want.

Of course it will sting a bit to see them in another clubs colours but I dont think it means that the red,white and black means any less to them at all.

I could never begrudge what either man has decided and they both still hold a place with me as true dedicated sainters

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Milton66
SS Life Member

groupie1 wrote:
saint75 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?