Dees should not be coy about Luke Ball chase

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Dees should not be coy about Luke Ball chase

Mark Stevens pleading that Luke Ball should leave so he can join a shyte club

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/d ... 5785358214

"Ball surely cannot stay at St Kilda. He is a proud person who would be wounded by recent events.

At 25, Ball should be brave enough to quit the Saints and take up a new challenge."

What a load of crap.

I don't think Ball would be stupid enough to play with Melbourne.

Another opportunity awaits!
xander
Club Player

Re: Dees should not be coy about Luke Ball chase

Moccha wrote:Mark Stevens pleading that Luke Ball should leave so he can join a shyte club

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/d ... 5785358214

"Ball surely cannot stay at St Kilda. He is a proud person who would be wounded by recent events.

At 25, Ball should be brave enough to quit the Saints and take up a new challenge."

What a load of crap.

I don't think Ball would be stupid enough to play with Melbourne.
You'd think Mark Stevens barracks for the dees :roll:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

He certainly is pleading with them

Another opportunity awaits!
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

To be honest, I want him gone.

The damage is done and it'll all get brought up again if he stays.

His time @ St Kilda is over.

suss
Club Player

He sounds like a 14 year old with a hard on, sitting in his bedroom, wrapped in his Dees scarf gazing lovingly at a picture of Luke.

Isn't he meant to be a respected journalist? :roll:

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Makes sense to me.

Wigsy
Club Player

I don't understand why people get so upset with opinion pieces by journos. They have to write/say something - most things will not be perfectly in line with the wants of all 16 clubs' supporters. All we can do is wait and see what happens. I'm sure Ball won't be influenced by the Herald Sun. I hope he stays, but I'd be surprised if a fairly unclear future hadn't been spelled out to him, hence why he might want to ensure he can play as much as possible. It's not quite as clear as 'just suck it up and make it better'.

As for the Dees - whether they are able to get Ball to the finals again is a bit of a subjective judgement. There certainly shouldn't be any reason why they shouldn't. Christ, they've spent the last 15 years vacillating between bottom four and top four in alternate years, or more recently stinking the comp up and keeping the Tiges and Freo off the bottom. THey are probably entering an equivalent year of 2003 for us; ie, a much more competitive year and then one year from finals. I suspect that they might take the scenic route.

2009 - the year of the Saint (modified name from MasonCJ2)
1965 Saint
Club Player

Flew from Perth for the Grand Final and attended the Western Bulldogs breakfast (Big Bounce). Stevens was on the panel discussion and I thought to myself who is this tosspot - prize wanker.

To infer that SKFC is the villain here confirms the view I formed. I'm not sure I've ever witnessed such a self-important, opinionated, don't forget to change hands at 99 waste of space, ever.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:He sounds like a 14 year old with a hard on, sitting in his bedroom, wrapped in his Dees scarf gazing lovingly at a picture of Luke.

Makes sense that he is excited afterall he follows the bulldogs. Maybe that is just his opinion.

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Makes sense that he is excited afterall he follows the bulldogs. Maybe that is just his opinion.
Maybe the reason lies here after all, for both Mark Stevens and Damian Barrett also. They like Jon Anderson show their club leanings in their writing more than any other print journalist. And since when has Stevens written opinion pieces before?

suss
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
suss wrote:He sounds like a 14 year old with a hard on, sitting in his bedroom, wrapped in his Dees scarf gazing lovingly at a picture of Luke.

So as a fan of the Bulldogs and therefore a fan of a top 4 challenger, do you think he would be wanting Luke or stay or go?

Next time I read a Mark Stevens opinion piece I'll try to remember just how much weight should be attached to his esteemed opinion. Out of interest, how far up the ladder do you have to be before you can be considered to be challenging for finals? 10th, 12th, 14th?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So as a fan of the Bulldogs and therefore a fan of a top 4 challenger, do you think he would be wanting Luke or stay or go?

Next time I read a Mark Stevens opinion piece I'll try to remember just how much weight should be attached to his esteemed opinion. Out of interest, how far up the ladder do you have to be before you can be considered to be challenging for finals? 10th, 12th, 14th?
You are right. He would really want to write an article on the Saints losing a player so the Bulldogs can go up the ladder.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

GeorgeYoung27 wrote:
And since when has Stevens written opinion pieces before?
Ever since he, and Barrett, and Caro all started competing for the soon to be vacant Head of Footy position at the Herald Sun !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

You are right. He would really want to write an article on the Saints losing a player so the Bulldogs can go up the ladder.
Prelim final is probably closer to the "Mark"