My final vent

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LondonSaint
Club Player

My final vent

- a top 10 pick from 2003.. Sam Fisher who was picked at 55 in the same draft.. is now a star.. and has been for the last 3 years...
- Been in the system for 6 years.. yes 6.. and not appearing to get any better.. Our old whipping boy Blake to his credit has improved out of sight..
- lanky, not quick.. reasonable skills with no pressure, goes to ground a lot.. does not win contest..
- prone to brain fade.. poor decision making/skills under pressure
- plays in the backline which makes it more frustrating...

Yes, I'm talking about our own Raph Clarke.. i know it's often not constructive to criticise players.. but because all of the above.. he's extremely frustrating to watch and a favourite when it comes to player bashing..

I actually think it's Lyon and Silvagni's fault here.. based on his attribute..Raph should have never been picked in the 22... let alone in the backline where every mistake costs the team big time..

To a certain extent.. John Beveridge the recruiter also need to take the blame...X Clarke/Raph Clarke... 2 top 10 picks wasted...

Anyway.. I don't believe you should defend a player purely because he plays for St Kilda.. supporters have a right to vent their frustration at players they deemed good/bad.. some fair, others not... In Raph's case.. i'm afraid it is.. some say he played well in last year's final series.... but he played as a loose man in defense... and when our team is dominating..
And in the first 5 min. of the grand final... 2 bad mistakes... cost us a goal... played on Byrns in the last quarter.. got slaughtered... yes, it's not his fault for being picked to play, but the fact that he's no good and is not improving infuriates us all...

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

go away troll

If knew anything about football or watched a lot of saints you wouldn't post this crap.

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Please refer to the previous Raph threads.

Locked.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: My final vent

LondonSaint wrote:- a top 10 pick from 2003.. Sam Fisher who was picked at 55 in the same draft.. is now a star.. and has been for the last 3 years...
- Been in the system for 6 years.. yes 6.. and not appearing to get any better.. Our old whipping boy Blake to his credit has improved out of sight..
- lanky, not quick.. reasonable skills with no pressure, goes to ground a lot.. does not win contest..
- prone to brain fade.. poor decision making/skills under pressure
- plays in the backline which makes it more frustrating...

Yes, I'm talking about our own Raph Clarke.. i know it's often not constructive to criticise players.. but because all of the above.. he's extremely frustrating to watch and a favourite when it comes to player bashing.. THEN DONT DO IT!!!
I actually think it's Lyon and Silvagni's fault here.. based on his attribute..Raph should have never been picked in the 22... let alone in the backline where every mistake costs the team big time.. OH GOODY..SOMEONE ELSE WHO RATES THEIR FOOTY KNOWLEDGE ABOVE THE COACHING STAFF
To a certain extent.. John Beveridge the recruiter also need to take the blame...X Clarke/Raph Clarke... 2 top 10 picks wasted... SEE ABOVE

Anyway.. I don't believe you should defend a player purely because he plays for St Kilda.. supporters have a right to vent their frustration at players they deemed good/bad.. some fair, others not... In Raph's case.. i'm afraid it is.. some say he played well in last year's final series.... but he played as a loose man in defense... and when our team is dominating..
And in the first 5 min. of the grand final... 2 bad mistakes... cost us a goal... played on Byrns in the last quarter.. got slaughtered... yes, it's not his fault for being picked to play, but the fact that he's no good and is not improving infuriates us all...
NOT THOSE OF US WHO ACTUALLY WATCH GAMES!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor