Disappointed in the club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Do you come up with your own opinions THompson4? Or do you just quote verbatim the crap that is talked on SEN where they have been bagging Ross Lyon this morning.

I reckon 95% of saints supporters would be extremely satisfied how the club handled the Luke Ball scenario, and 100% satisfied with the club this year.

So b/c Ball wants a trade where supposed to trade him regardless of what's offered for him? THank god you're not in our footy department. :roll:

To the top
SS Life Member

Ball was dropped to the VFL for reasons which were obvious to all who have watched his decline over recent years - where, no doubt the history of injury and an inability to train past that injury has savagely impacted.

He is no where near the player he was - although even at his prime he struggled tp play successive very good games.

The measure of his oft quoted un-questioned character is now on the line and the Coach has delivered the ultimatum of what is required to remain at St Kilda.

Or he can cut and run knowing he will probably get a regular game for a bottom club.

I am attracted to Ferguson of Manchester United who says he is not interested in who clubs recruit except if that club is competition to his club - and his club needs to cover to maintain the advantage.

Ball will not hurt St Kilda if he plays elsewhere because he is not an elite player in our mid field.

Too many others rate in front of him at St Kilda.

Grand Final day, in those conditions, suited his style of play absolutely.

He could not continue to deliver and therefore spent less than half the game time on the ground - and, I repeat, in conditions which suited his game absolutely.

In other, finer conditions he would have been blown way by the sheer pace of the game.

Simply, even Jones has Ball covered at every turn and twist as a mid-fielder.

That is the challenge Ball has to remain a significant AFL footballer.

Not a hack player at a hack club.

Thompson4
Club Player

Moods wrote:Do you come up with your own opinions THompson4? Or do you just quote verbatim the crap that is talked on SEN where they have been bagging Ross Lyon this morning.
I can only go on what I know (hear/read/see), and then what I can read between the lines. I don't know enough to read btwn the lines here, so I can only go off facts I hear/read/see.

Andrew Thompson - The most underrated player in the AFL
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thompson4 wrote:
Moods wrote:Do you come up with your own opinions THompson4? Or do you just quote verbatim the crap that is talked on SEN where they have been bagging Ross Lyon this morning.
I can only go on what I know (hear/read/see), and then what I can read between the lines. I don't know enough to read btwn the lines here, so I can only go off facts I hear/read/see.
Still smarting that your s.hit club couldn't land another player wanting to come to your club hey?

Well such s.hit filth boy. Enjoy your time in perpetual mediocrity with your overrated and recidivist failures whom your insular halfwit coach and president seem to think are world beaters :roll:

Had no trouble dealing with Sydney and Geelong over the past couple of years - or the WB or Essendon or Freo.

Only seem to have problems with the filth - like everyone else.

Suck it up princess.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
To the top
SS Life Member

The clubs the journos follow also shines out thru the stupid comments we are witnessing.

Ball is not a star footballer.

He is a good everage footballer in the McGeogh league - needing winter conditions to suit his lack of pace and lack of precision with the football.

If he went to Eddie La La Land it would add another 5 goals to the gap between them and us.

We would just tag him with Jones - except that would be a waste of a St Kilda resource.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Absolutely no excuse for the club or RL for the way they have treated Luke Ball.

He has been an outstanding servant to the St Kilda FC and for the club to treat him with such contempt is DISGRACEFUL.

Luke, for the first time in his AFL career was putting himself before the team, a team mind you who who made it abundantly clear that his future was limited as a senior player, and he asked to be traded so as to prolong his future in the game!!!

I imagine Luke feels gutted by this whole experience and rightly so, I hope he can get to a club of his choice and continues to have an excellent career.
So Luke Ball wants to piss off and we should accept whatever crap malthouse feels like clearing out?

Malthouse said there was no way they would release a player that was any good, so no deal.

simple.

easy.

get it?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:The clubs the journos follow also shines out thru the stupid comments we are witnessing.

He is a good everage footballer in the McGeogh league - needing winter conditions to suit his lack of pace and lack of precision with the football.

If he went to Eddie La La Land it would add another 5 goals to the gap between them and us.

We would just tag him with Jones - except that would be a waste of a St Kilda resource.
if that's the case then pick 25 is fair, is it not?
so we screwed luke because it was collingwood?
i think we rate luke a bit higher than that, hence - no deal!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
To the top wrote:The clubs the journos follow also shines out thru the stupid comments we are witnessing.

He was rated as #21 four spots higher. Collingwood would try to do that deal so we could get Everitt.

If four spots in a generally weak draft is "overvaluing" Ball so be it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
desertsaint wrote:

He was rated as #21 four spots higher. Collingwood would try to do that deal so we could get Everitt.

i think everitt was considered barely reasonable compo - that was the reason we wanted 21. that is what the dogs valued everitt as.
i think we rate luke higher than that. pies missed a chance at a very good player at a cheap price, either through poor dealing or through thinking we'd roll over at the end.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Disappointed in the club

Thompson4 wrote:Why would it be stated that 'if players want out, we'll move them on (paraphrasing), yet, when it comes to the crunch, Ball is now in limbo? Something (even draft picks even) is better than zilch if he goes into the drafts.
What would you have done?

Thompson4
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Thompson4 wrote:
Still smarting that your s.hit club couldn't land another player wanting to come to your club hey?

Well such s.hit filth boy. Enjoy your time in perpetual mediocrity with your overrated and recidivist failures whom your insular halfwit coach and president seem to think are world beaters :roll:

Had no trouble dealing with Sydney and Geelong over the past couple of years - or the WB or Essendon or Freo.

Suck it up princess.
Yes...all that and more.

Can't you assess the post instead?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
desertsaint wrote:

i think everitt was considered barely reasonable compo - that was the reason we wanted 21. that is what the dogs valued everitt as.
i think we rate luke higher than that. pies missed a chance at a very good player at a cheap price, either through poor dealing or through thinking we'd roll over at the end.
well if we had of taken #21 thats what he would have been worth. Minimum mabye but obviously 25 was unacceptable ie below minimum value.

Therefore no deal.

Lance or James??

milney044
Club Player

Oh I'm sorry we should have given in to the Pies, strengthening their side while doing bugger all favours to ours in the process. :roll:
I don't see much difference in receiving pick 25 and 60, or receiving nothing. Not in this draft.
If we'd have caved in to this offer you probably would have complained we were ripped off and disrespected Ball with a lousy pick 25 and another we wouldn't even use.
Sometimes i think the STKFC is in a lose lose situation with some people.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thompson4 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Thompson4 wrote:

Suck it up princess.
Yes...all that and more.

You are pointless. the point is you are a filth supporter wanting a player for nothing.

Suck on it filth. Remember the Stevens deal?

Remember how you lot laughed at Mahony? Manhony is now a premiership player. Port won a flag the year after not dealing with your mob.

St.Kilda stood its ground and the filth once again - because of arrogance - and an overinflated opinion of itself - is screwed.

Good you deserve it.

Lance or James??

Thompson4
Club Player

The Fireman wrote:
Thompson4 wrote:Why would it be stated that 'if players want out, we'll move them on (paraphrasing), yet, when it comes to the crunch, Ball is now in limbo? Something (even draft picks even) is better than zilch if he goes into the drafts.
What would you have done?
IMO it's better to attain something from the deal than have a player walk.

Look at Nick Stevens, and Brett Voss in 2001 (leaving the Lions). Also Shanahan leaving StK to go to Melb in 1998. Better to get something from any valued player.

Thompson4
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Thompson4 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Thompson4 wrote:

Suck it up princess.
Yes...all that and more.

You are pointless. the point is you are a filth supporter wanting a player for nothing.

Suck on it filth. Remember the Stevens deal?

Remember how you lot laughed at Mahony? Manhony is now a premiership player. Port won a flag the year after not dealing with your mob.

St.Kilda stood its ground and the filth once again - because of arrogance - and an overinflated opinion of itself - is screwed.

Good you deserve it.
lol wat. Seriously? That's all you can come up with? Read the topic, and subsequent ontopic posts, and then return with something relevant. Until then, well, like you say, this is pointless.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thompson4 wrote:lol wat. Seriously? That's all you can come up with? Read the topic, and subsequent ontopic posts, and then return with something relevant. Until then, well, like you say, this is pointless.
Why dont you F*** off from our forum you filth twat?

Your opinion is worthless and you being here is pointless.

All you are doing is crying because you didn't get Luke Ball.

Maybe if your senile coach and big headed president got their heads out of their arses and actually traded like most other clubs - fairly and equitably - Ball would be a Magpie today.

Have a cry you pathetic piece of Collingwood s.hit.

Jolly is going to win you a flag -BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh and the crim with the absurd tatoos and the other bloke who consorts with murderers.

Luke picked a fine bunch to NOT get to :D :D :D

Lance or James??

Thompson4
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Thompson4 wrote:lol wat. Seriously? That's all you can come up with? Read the topic, and subsequent ontopic posts, and then return with something relevant. Until then, well, like you say, this is pointless.
Why dont you F*** off from our forum you filth twat?

Your opinion is worthless and you being here is pointless.

All you are doing is crying because you didn't get Luke Ball.

Maybe if your senile coach and big headed president got their heads out of their arses and actually traded like most other clubs - fairly and equitably - Ball would be a Magpie today.

Have a cry you pathetic piece of Collingwood s.hit.

Jolly is going to win you a flag -BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh and the crim with the absurd tatoos and the other bloke who consorts with murderers.

Luke picked a fine bunch to NOT get to :D :D :D
Again, not quite sure what you're on about. Very strange. I take it you're unhappy. Fair enough. We'll move on. Would prefer to continue discussing the issue in the opening post. Cheers.

Thompson4
Club Player

I reckon 95% of saints supporters would be extremely satisfied how the club handled the Luke Ball scenario, and 100% satisfied with the club this year.

So b/c Ball wants a trade where supposed to trade him regardless of what's offered for him? THank god you're not in our footy department. :roll:
Here found it:
Prior to the pick 25 arrangement Collingwood had pitched other scenarios to St Kilda. The last of these yesterday morning involved an offer the Saints had raised earlier in the week - Tyson Goldsack and pick 30 - but were turned down.
From THe Age.

derby Street
Club Player

[quote="Thompson4"]Why would it be stated that 'if players want out, we'll move them on (paraphrasing), yet, when it comes to the crunch, Ball is now in limbo? Something (even draft picks even) is better than zilch if he goes into the drafts.[/quote]

Well T you were the ones that had the chance to get Luke but valued him as a 25 pick and obviously most of your list higher as well. Quite happy to get zilch - especially seeing it squeezed you filth mob out. :D

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
saintbob wrote:Absolutely no excuse for the club or RL for the way they have treated Luke Ball.

He has been an outstanding servant to the St Kilda FC and for the club to treat him with such contempt is DISGRACEFUL.

Luke, for the first time in his AFL career was putting himself before the team, a team mind you who who made it abundantly clear that his future was limited as a senior player, and he asked to be traded so as to prolong his future in the game!!!

I imagine Luke feels gutted by this whole experience and rightly so, I hope he can get to a club of his choice and continues to have an excellent career.
So Luke Ball wants to piss off and we should accept whatever crap malthouse feels like clearing out?

Malthouse said there was no way they would release a player that was any good, so no deal.

simple.

easy.

get it?
Saintbob, I think you will find that he will not prolong his career elsewhere. He'll be like a bull at a gate, play more game time than his body can handle, and burn out way to young. His body has fallen behind his aspirations, it is very sad, but not Ross Lyons fault...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thompson4 wrote:

Here found it:
Prior to the pick 25 arrangement Collingwood had pitched other scenarios to St Kilda. The last of these yesterday morning involved an offer the Saints had raised earlier in the week - Tyson Goldsack and pick 30 - but were turned down.
From THe Age.
So what - by that time we had Lovett and Peake - we wanted pick 21.

Goldsack must be a right royal spud if Collingwood were offering him up.

Obviously Goldsack isn't part of the fabric of the club and culture and is expendable - wonder how he feels this morning???

Lance or James??

Thompson4
Club Player

Goldsack must be a right royal spud if Collingwood were offering him up.
Why?
Obviously Goldsack is part of the fabric of the club and culture and is expendable - wonder how he feels this morning???
Probably questioning his place on the list, and in the game itself, much like Campbell Brown, Joel Macdonald, Jesse Smith, and Luke Ball. Probably Brown and Ball moreso than the others, who you wouldn't label key players (yet) at their respective clubs.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thompson4 wrote: Why?
Because all Collingwood would offer is a crap players because they overrate their players

Thompson4 wrote:Probably questioning his place on the list, and in the game itself, much like Campbell Brown, Joel Macdonald, Jesse Smith, and Luke Ball. Probably Brown and Ball moreso than the others, who you wouldn't label key players (yet) at their respective clubs.
Campbell Brown was never offered up - Joel McDonald Smith and Ball all wanted to be traded.

Goldsack was just thrown in there like a piece or meat. Obviously means s.hit to Malthouse and his fabric of the club.

Lance or James??

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

There is no proof that Goldsack was in fact offered at all, but for a reporter saying it (no quotes from either side). Reporters said a lot of fanciful stuff in the last week. What Lyon said straight sfter the deadline was that all dealings were amicable EXCEPT those with Luke's manager and Collingwood. Add that to the fact that Roos almost walked away from the Jolly deal in frustration because Collingwood were only going to trade 14 and nothing more.

I keep hearing that Malthouse is a great coach, especially with the list he's got. Well the list he's got is because of situations like these and because he burns out all his youngsters before they turn 23.