Paul (Mr 5%) Connors !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Paul (Mr 5%) Connors !!

At 2.05pm today, 5 minutes after what was probably the most disappointing moment in Luke Ball's life you would have thought that Mr 5% would be wanting to console Luke. NO, he was already talking to Melbourne in an attempt to sure up his 5% somewhere else.

I took more out of what Ross Lyon DIDN'T say than what he DID say on radio this afternoon.

He said Essendon & Lovett's manager were very good to deal with;

He said Freo & Peake's manager were very good to deal with

He DIDN'T mention Collingwood or Connors !!
Last edited by Eastern on Fri 09 Oct 2009 8:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Paul (Mr 5%) Connors !!

Eastern wrote:At 2.05pm today, 5 minutes after what was probably the most disappointing moment in Luke Ball's life you would have thought that Mr 5% would be wanting to console Luke. NO, he was already talking to Melbourne in an attempt to sure up his 5% somewhere else !!
If Luke goes to Melbourne, Paul Connors makes more money than if Luke played for St Kilda or Collingwood.

But Luke gets to tank for wooden spoons.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

incorrect reporting Does not Help
SENNEWS Demons hold talks with Luke Ball ... http://bit.ly/10oaxg
about 2 hours ago from web
no they didn't - they talked to his manager ....

the Saints spoke to Luke.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:At 2.05pm today, 5 minutes after what was probably the most disappointing moment in Luke Ball's life you would have thought that Mr 5% would be wanting to console Luke. NO, he was already talking to Melbourne in an attempt to sure up his 5% somewhere else !!
I think you will find it was more like 1.40pm when Mr 5% left the meeting to ring and invite the Melbourne official to meet with Luke Ball....

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
I think you will find it was more like 1.40pm when Mr 5% left the meeting to ring and invite the Melbourne official to meet with Luke Ball....
That only makes him more of a leech & paricite. Mr 5% spoke to Melbourne, Luke left via a side door !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah he talked to Melbourne.

To save his freakin job.

Messed up right royally imo.

Talked the talk and got owned.

Not a massive fan of player managers and the way they do business.

Especially the co(k heads that do SEN radio. Fkn smart arse flogs who always reckon they know something and they are prepared to hold it over you.

Dog of a way to conduct yourself imo.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
sax
Club Player

Fcuk I hope Luke sacks him!!
Then all this BS will be over!!! :?

BaysideSaint
Club Player

RL prolly just feels that Peakey has a bit more zip and a better ability to play-on.
Bally is a great tackler but there aren't many stoppers in the comp on 600k (excluding Ling).

SaintWal
Club Player

Bartel was prepared to sacrifice his game for the side on the request of the coach. Probably won them a flag. The money should not be the factor but whether you are doing what the side needs to get you over the line. I love Luke Ball as a player and would have thought RL does to but something is not right.
BaysideSaint wrote:RL prolly just feels that Peakey has a bit more zip and a better ability to play-on.
Bally is a great tackler but there aren't many stoppers in the comp on 600k (excluding Ling).

lendog heaven
Club Player

sax wrote:Fcuk I hope Luke sacks him!!
Connors was conflicted from the outset - negotiating a deal with the Filth for his client Jolly while hoping to get a few left over morsels for his not-so-important other client Ball (as well as trying to off load the gropetron Fevola to any club stupid enuf to express any semblance of an interest).

Tramps like us.............
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

lendog heaven wrote:
Connors was conflicted from the outset - negotiating a deal with the Filth for his client Jolly while hoping to get a few left over morsels for his not-so-important other client Ball (as well as trying to off load the gropetron Fevola to any club stupid enuf to express any semblance of an interest).
Fevola is no longer his client - he left last season. Probably when Judd arrived - Judd is Connors biggest client.
Fev has Elite Sports Management handling his business now.

lendog heaven
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
lendog heaven wrote:
Fevola is no longer his client - he left last season. Probably when Judd arrived - Judd is Connors biggest client.
oops! Mark Kleiman (ex filth) from Elite - thanks for the heads-up :oops:

Tramps like us.............
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

lendog heaven wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
lendog heaven wrote:
oops! Mark Kleiman (ex filth) from Elite - thanks for the heads-up :oops:
Mark Kleiman is a really nice guy - too nice to be a player manager! :)
And he's a really good mate of SOS. Mark's old man was the doorman at the rooms at Carlton for many years and the 2 boys grew up together.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
lendog heaven wrote:
Goodes was Connrs' biggest player way back when he started out, working in a cubicle behind Simon Meehan's office in Brighton.

Was a flog back then.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
sax
Club Player

Is Goose with Connors aswell?

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

How was his from on radio claiming that no player wanted to go to Port Adelaide? Especially considering the captain of Port Adelaide is one of his clients.

This guy is a tool of the highest order. I hope Luke has enough sense to drop him.

Not a big fan of Nixon, but at least when he was negotiating Roo's deal earlier this year there were no leaks. It was so hush hush, that the media were still talking about Roo's big move to the Gold Coast right up until he signed. Connor's would not have been able to keep his mouth shut and the whole world would have known.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:Is Goose with Connors aswell?
Yes, but he is so far down the list of importance he probably didn't even get thought about by the 'genius player manager'.

Other than a leak or two to 'Connors' mouthpiece Denham'.

sax
Club Player

saint75 wrote:How was his from on radio claiming that no player wanted to go to Port Adelaide? Especially considering the captain of Port Adelaide is one of his clients.

This guy is a tool of the highest order. I hope Luke has enough sense to drop him.

Not a big fan of Nixon, but at least when he was negotiating Roo's deal earlier this year there were no leaks. It was so hush hush, that the media were still talking about Roo's big move to the Gold Coast right up until he signed. Connor's would not have been able to keep his mouth shut and the whole world would have known.
Said on TV here in SA tonight, Dom Cassisi will probably sack him!

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

sax wrote:
saint75 wrote:How was his from on radio claiming that no player wanted to go to Port Adelaide? Especially considering the captain of Port Adelaide is one of his clients.

No matter how true it may be, it is professional suicide on his behalf to make these types of comments. He really showed his true colours this week to those who did not know what he was like. May even get a 'please explain' from the AFL. :wink:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:At 2.05pm today, 5 minutes after what was probably the most disappointing moment in Luke Ball's life you would have thought that Mr 5% would be wanting to console Luke. NO, he was already talking to Melbourne in an attempt to sure up his 5% somewhere else.

I took more out of what Ross Lyon DIDN'T say than what he DID say on radio this afternoon.

He said Essendon & Lovett's manager were very good to deal with;

He said Freo & Peake's manager were very good to deal with

He DIDN'T mention Collingwood or Connors !!
Indeed.

Trading is meant to be exactly that TRADING. Swapping two things of equal value to the receiver.

The win win comes when each party can gain something that is worth more to them than they give off.

However the Pies do not want to trade....they want to do over the other club to only gain a great deal for themselves.

They are not seeking to TRADE at all...but to STEAL a bargain.

It is one reason I admire Paul Roos asa trader...he goes in looking for win win....rather than to try and rip off another club.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Ok I finally got it;
Luke worried a little about the drop in pay= says to manager- what can we do, check it out for me
manager says; says leave it with me I'll talk to them
Manager speaks to club- "Luke not happy- maybe he'll go to Pies ( knowing they really want jolly but if Swans do their usual and don't deal we'll get plenty ( and of course Saints Wont let Luke leave- forgetting or having not heard the Club/ coach and captain ultimatum about being there or being square)

saints say- do your best........ " then release info"

now: hopefully_ Luke wishes he had done his own talking.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Paul Connors

Another opportunity awaits!
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
sax wrote:

No matter how true it may be, it is professional suicide on his behalf to make these types of comments. He really showed his true colours this week to those who did not know what he was like. May even get a 'please explain' from the AFL. :wink:
Class act Paul Connors. 16 teams. Has s+=t canned one, in a two team town. Couldn't broker a deal for an All Australian, ex club captain, 22 possession player in a GF, no 2 draft pick. Class act Paul Connors.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:Paul Connors

Problem is he is great at putting himself in that position but can he get out of it.

Snakeman66
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
sax wrote:

Ned Kelly said on SA radio yesterday that this would not draw a please explain but said the guy was trying to big note himself or something to that effect.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.