Ross Lyon and Luke Ball - Will they work it out?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon and Luke Ball - Will they work it out?

Lyon now says the ball is in Ball's court!
Now he says the three year deal is off the table
But the club will more than likely welcome Ball back to the club if he decides not to take his chances in pre season draft
Last edited by SainterK on Fri 09 Oct 2009 2:39pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Collingwood offered St Kilda picks 25 and 62 for Ball, but the Saints said it wasn't enough. The three-year deal that Ball was offered by the Saints means nothing now. Fresh discussions will be had.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Re: Ross Lyon on Luke Ball

SainterK wrote:Lyon now says the ball is in Ball's court!
Now he says the three year deal is off the table
But the club will more than likely welcome Ball back to the club if he decides not to take his chances in pre season draft
Collingwood offered St Kilda picks 25 and 62 for Ball, but the Saints said it wasn't enough. The three-year deal that Ball was offered by the Saints means nothing now. Fresh discussions will be had.

Batnoe

Bardon Saint wrote:Collingwood offered St Kilda picks 25 and 62 for Ball, but the Saints said it wasn't enough. The three-year deal that Ball was offered by the Saints means nothing now. Fresh discussions will be had.
i think they had pick 30

Pick 62 wont be used possibly anyway so really just pick 30

Milton66
SS Life Member

Bardon Saint wrote:Collingwood offered St Kilda picks 25 and 62 for Ball, but the Saints said it wasn't enough. The three-year deal that Ball was offered by the Saints means nothing now. Fresh discussions will be had.
Pick 62 means jack.

So in effect, all we were offered was a 2nd round pick.. if that.

Good old Collingwood as ever. :roll: :roll:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Undisputedly the Saints believe Ball is worth much more to the club than some of the hacks on this website! I hope he realizes that his best chance is to perform, not listen to outside influences, get his head down and perform!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
TAGHLAO
Club Player

Congratulations to the St Kilda Football Department for standing their ground. No longer are we the push over we used to be. To trade with a top 4 club and come off second best would have been far worse than losing Luke for nothing.

I couldn't be happier with this outcome. No wonder Collingwood can never recruit anyone, they want the world and give peanuts in return.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Poor Bally.

This has been the week from hell.

And as it stands now, he's still in limbo.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I want to hear from Luke

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Did sound like in Lyon's speech that he is too keen for to come back in. I reckon he will go in the PSD.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Said salary cap wasnt a problem like many feared on here (including me), Lenny going to veterans, x leaving etc

Before Im 85
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Said salary cap wasnt a problem like many feared on here (including me)
Well that sounds like he is willing to at least give it some thought doesn't it?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Said salary cap wasnt a problem like many feared on here (including me), Lenny going to veterans, x leaving etc
Yeah X and Baker both go on the vets list this year don't they?

I hope Rooey, Hayes and Goddard haev a little chat with him.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Milton66
SS Life Member

St. Luke wrote:
Undisputedly the Saints believe Ball is worth much more to the club than some of the hacks on this website! I hope he realizes that his best chance is to perform, not listen to outside influences, get his head down and perform!
No it doesn't mean anything. It just means that they stood firm on a p1ssweak offer from Collingwood.

If they did, it would have never come to this.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Said salary cap wasnt a problem like many feared on here (including me), Lenny going to veterans, x leaving etc
He mentioned Saintsational? :shock:

Wow, maybe our opinions are worth more than we thought... :wink:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ThePunter
Club Player

I just think we didn't want to trade him to Collingwood without taking something valuable from them, considering how close they are to us on the ladder.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ball in limbo after Saints withdraw earlier offer

http://www.afl.com.au/news/blogarticle/ ... fault.aspx

The Saints had offered Ball a three-year deal that he rejected to seek a trade to the Magpies.

Lyon said the deal was no longer on the table but would not rule out the possibility of Ball staying with the Saints after publically walking out on them.

“We’ll sit down ... He is a respected figure. All year we wanted to retain Luke. There was a three-year deal on the table", Lyon said at the conclusion of trade week.

"What Luke needs to do is go away and assess what he wants to do. There are two evident options which are come back to St Kilda and train and deliver the actions that get you in the senior team; or go into the pre-season draft and take your chances. â€

saintly
Saintsational Legend

[quote="SainterK"]Ball in limbo after Saints withdraw earlier offer

The Saints had offered Ball a three-year deal that he rejected to seek a trade to the Magpies.

Lyon said the deal was no longer on the table but would not rule out the possibility of Ball staying with the Saints after publically walking out on them.

“We’ll sit down ... He is a respected figure. All year we wanted to retain Luke. There was a three-year deal on the table", Lyon said at the conclusion of trade week.

"What Luke needs to do is go away and assess what he wants to do. There are two evident options which are come back to St Kilda and train and deliver the actions that get you in the senior team; or go into the pre-season draft and take your chances. â€

bigred
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:Poor Bally.

This has been the week from hell.

And as it stands now, he's still in limbo.
Live by the sword.......

Pretty straight bat from Ross.

If he goes he goes.

Just want to add, Xavier Clarke is leaving the club as a CLASS act. And takes everyone's respect with him.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Schillaci
Club Player

[quote="SainterK"]Ball in limbo after Saints withdraw earlier offer

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Lyon and Ball certainly don't see eye-to-eye.

I think it's a situation where Lyon and the football department told Ball what his role for the team is, how he fits in and what it's worth.

Ball obviously thinks that he deserves better.

Now that the Ball trade didn't happen, I hope we do offer Ball one last chance to resign, but that doesn't mean we should guarantee special favors that the club believe are unrealistic.

The door swings both ways.

Bad management is bad management
GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

I think Luke now knows how highly the filth valued him. Half the value of an aging ruckman (Jolly). They convinced him to go with them and then they value him way lower than Brock McLean, way lower than Everitt, way lower than Goldsack and Mark Williams. You would be feeling pretty well shafted.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

GeorgeYoung27 wrote:I think Luke now knows how highly the filth valued him. Half the value of an aging ruckman (Jolly). They convinced him to go with them and then they value him way lower than Brock McLean, way lower than Everitt, way lower than Goldsack and Mark Williams. You would be feeling pretty well shafted.
Mabye his ego will be put in check and he now knows his true worth.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I wonder what the playing group think...or will think if he elects to stay.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....