Our list has been Strengthened

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Our list has been Strengthened

So we have lost Max to retirement

We have Players like Zac and Colm Begley and are looking for another backman. Goose is also due to come back.

X is gone. But what has X given us over the past few years? Peake is an adequate replacement

Luke Ball gone. Very sad and a great in and under ball winner but we have Armo and Jack Steven to step up and assist Lenny and Dal and bj etc.

We also have picked up some much needed pace in Peake and Lovett.

We still haven't finished and will either pick up a defender from the filth or possibly Everitt from the Dogs.

We are in much better shape in 2010 list wise than 2009 and i look forward to going one better next season.

Go Saints

Well Done RL so far.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Maxstar22
Club Player

+1

Sounds like something I just wrote in another thread.

In Ross I Trust.

S.A Saint
Club Player

Re: Our list has been Strengthened

joffaboy wrote:So we have lost Max to retirement

We have Players like Zac and Colm Begley and are looking for another backman. Goose is also due to come back.

X is gone. But what has X given us over the past few years? Peake is an adequate replacement

Luke Ball gone. Very sad and a great in and under ball winner but we have Armo and Jack Steven to step up and assist Lenny and Dal and bj etc.

We still haven't finished and will either pick up a defender from the filth or possibly Everitt from the Dogs.

We are in much better shape in 2010 list wise than 2009 and i look forward to going one better next season.

Go Saints

Well Done RL so far.
apparently we are getting rid of him..there is a thread somewhere around about it...

St Michele
Club Player

I think we have to have faith on those who are ding the trades, they are being paid and should know their stuff. I hate losing players but am more than happy to gain the ones we have so fat.Roll on 2010 we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

From reports Colm Begley may be gone too. (Back to Ireland).
With the lose of Xman, pick 16, pick 42, for the gain of Lovett and Peake and Pick 60, we need to get something pretty good for Luke to break even.
Last edited by borderbarry on Thu 08 Oct 2009 6:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beekay
SS Life Member

What are you talking about!? X is the fastest man on the planet and let's not forget his skills!

I mean his skills and pace are that banging a dud like Ross Lyon wouldn't know what to do with him, and my goodness look at what Brisbane were willing to give up for him.

</heart-on-sleeve/illogical>

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

In my opinion Xavier was one of our faster players, and he had plenty of skill. I am sure their are plenty of other forumites that agree with me, and others that agree with you.

Beekay
SS Life Member

no need to be civilized about it 8-)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Go Saints

Well Done RL so far.
I agree with all of the above, BUT....

Ball for Everitt in a three way deal does not look that good IMO.

Yes, it's early days for Everitt and I think the bulldags selected him at pick #11...

To me he hasn't done much at all (I hope he has a lot more improvement in him)

He did play a decent game in round 22 and was dropped for the finals...

I hope the Saints are looking at him as a possible forward option, because his best game was his last and most of the time he has played down back

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

And as to Ross Lyon not knowing what to do with him, Ross and the selectors are not always geniuses. For example, Armo plays his first game for the season against Hawthorn, gets 3 Brownlow votes. Plays one more game and gets dropped, not to be recalled again. In the meantime the geniuses pick Dempster for the Grand Final, for a return of 2 kicks and 3 hand balls. I know which I would have preferred out there.

Beekay
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:And as to Rosxs Lyon not knowing what to do with him, Ross and the selectors are not always geniuses. For example, Armo plays his first game for the season against Hawthorn, gets 3 Brownlow votes. Plays one more game and gets dropped, not to be recalled again. In the meantime the geniuses pick Dempster for the Grand Final, for a return of 2 kicks and 3 hand balls. I know which I would have preferred out there.
Well old boy, I guess we're going to have to learn to trust him... not that he has given us any reason what-so-ever to do so. :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:And as to Rosxs Lyon not knowing what to do with him, Ross and the selectors are not always geniuses. For example, Armo plays his first game for the season against Hawthorn, gets 3 Brownlow votes. Plays one more game and gets dropped, not to be recalled again. In the meantime the geniuses pick Dempster for the Grand Final, for a return of 2 kicks and 3 hand balls. I know which I would have preferred out there.
Nice one Harry Hindsight.

You are brilliant.

Roo only got one goal. Maybe we would have been better off dropping him for Lynch :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Come on. Even you clowns should be able to see that Armo got a raw deal. Especially when you consider Eddy and Dempster played all the remiaining games between them.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Come on. Even you clowns should be able to see that Armo got a raw deal. Especially when you consider Eddy and Dempster played all the remiaining games between them.
Nice one Harry Hindsight.

You are fantastic.

So Armo is now a small forward :D

lol - seen much of Armo have you??? :D

Lance or James??

milney044
Club Player

Yeah maybe he did. But Steven has a pretty decent debut and was never called back either. Eddy doesn't play too dissimilar to Armo (at this stage) and going into finals had more experience than Armitage so they persisted with him. Remember he didn't make it to a Grand Final either so you could argue he was just as hard done by as logically he had more right to be there on the day than Armitage.

As for Dempster, well he was previously a proven finals player wasn't he. Yeah he had a stinker of a Grand Final, he wasn't alone there.
In hind sight yeah the club probably should have played Armitage. But you know what? There's just as much chance Armo wouldn't have done any better.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Well Joffameboy he would be as effective a small forward as Dempster, dont you think?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Well Joffameboy he would be as effective a small forward as Dempster, dont you think?
Nope. he is too small and too slow.

Lynch would have been a better option - or Raph up forward. Maybe it wouldn't have matter if Milne and Schneider had kicked straight.

Lance or James??

Beekay
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:Well Joffameboy he would be as effective a small forward as Dempster, dont you think?
Bringing in seasoned, experienced player, who has played in multiple Grand Finals, instead of one that can't run out a game and has played next to nothing. Ross is just an idiot really..

Baz did you start following this game just recently?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Sure Dempster played in a Granny with Sydney, but from memory I dont think he starred, or played as a HFF. In any case that is a poor reason to select players for Grand Finals, that they have played in them before. Look at all 3 that had Grand Final experience, they all had poor games. (Look out, someone will be name calling again)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Sure Dempster played in a Granny with Sydney, but from memory I dont think he starred, or played as a HFF. In any case that is a poor reason to select players for Grand Finals, that they have played in them before. Look at all 3 that had Grand Final experience, they all had poor games. (Look out, someone will be name calling again)
Maybe Geelong should have played Wojinski instead of Stevie J even though he is a Coleman medallist and played in 2 GF's.

How did Stevie J go in hindsight. Maybe Mumford for Ottens - he was hopeless as well.

This hindsight game is grouse.

Lance or James??

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Baz did you start following this game just recently?

And I dont why it is so hard to admit that a kid who was BOG then dropped after another match and not given another game was hardly done by.
Eddy had more experience than Armo?? They were both picked up the same season, one as a rookie, the other as our first draft pick. Eddy may have had a few more games under his belt, but not enough to be considered more experienced, surely. In any case, if I had of had my way, I would have blooded Lynch during the season and used hin, unless he was a dismal failure, then maybe Raph or Sam Fisher.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Not really hindsight Joffa. I was complaining about Dempsters selection ever since I saw the team.

Beekay
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:(Look out, someone will be name calling again)
borderbarry wrote:Even you clowns...
___

So do you believe Ross should be exited if he is making mistakes that a footy fan forum member can point out ?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Not really hindsight Joffa. I was complaining about Dempsters selection ever since I saw the team.
Fair Enough.

If we had of chosen Armo for example and still lost I am sure I would be having this conversation with a different poster asking why Dempster wasn't in the team :wink:

Lance or James??

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Go Saints

Well Done RL so far.
Yep, totally agree. :D

Qld Saints Supporter Group