Fev Up for Trade - Nominates Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

If Lovett, or Everitt free up Goddard to play forward, that would probably also give us the 2-3 goals extra per game that Fev might bring. And for a lot less baggage, trade cost and dollars.
I'd be happy to get Fev, but I'd also be extremely pumped to see BJ doing a James Hird across half forward.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:If Lovett, or Everitt free up Goddard to play forward, that would probably also give us the 2-3 goals extra per game that Fev might bring. And for a lot less baggage, trade cost and dollars.
I'd be happy to get Fev, but I'd also be extremely pumped to see BJ doing a James Hird across half forward.
Our forward line above all needs a quick medium sized goal kicker.
Neither Goddard or Fev for that matter are medium sized - they are both big bodied.
- but in Fev's case he would add 40 goals/year if he played FF instead of Kosi, so Fev will be replacing another less effective big bodied FF and adding 40 goals plus /year.

I still would prefer to forget Fev and keep Kosi at FF if it means we could add instead a quick medium sized half forward flanker/goal kicker - we certainly don't need a third big bodied player in Goddard in our forward line.
Last edited by samoht on Wed 07 Oct 2009 12:18pm, edited 3 times in total.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

No media mention or rumours for days re Fev to the Saints ......
Much as I would love to have him I dont think we are even in the running ...

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Why can't we use Lynch as our medium forward? Or give Heyne a go?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
samoht
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:Why can't we use Lynch as our medium forward? Or give Heyne a go?
Actually they are probably as good as anyone else we have already tried and has failed at the moment - but they would still obviously need to develop.

But anyway is there a good proven mid sized (around 188 cm/85 kg) goal kicker/forward available in the trades at the moment ?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

samoht wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:If Lovett, or Everitt free up Goddard to play forward, that would probably also give us the 2-3 goals extra per game that Fev might bring. And for a lot less baggage, trade cost and dollars.
Our forward line above all needs a quick medium sized goal kicker.
Neither Goddard or Fev for that matter are medium sized - they are both big bodied.
- but in Fev's case he would add 40 goals/year if he played FF instead of Kosi, so Fev will be replacing another less effective big bodied FF and adding 40 goals plus /year.

I still would prefer to forget Fev and keep Kosi at FF if it means we could add instead a quick medium sized half forward flanker/goal kicker - we certainly don't need a third big bodied player in Goddard in our forward line.
So Goddard is small enough to play in the midfield, yet too "big bodied" to play in the forward line? You've got to be kidding! Whatever size he is, he would dominate up there, like he does everywhere else and like he did against West Coast, in the first quarter, early in the year. We already have 3 "smalls" up there, in Milne, Schneider and Mini, so Goddard would fit in beuutifully. Which would be why, on 3AW the other day, Ross was quoted as saying he'd preferably like to "play BJ forward". Our president was also quoted after the GF as saying that drafting "another tall forward was our priority", so the club don't seem to agree with what you're saying either (not that I consider BJ to be a "genuine tall forward").

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
samoht
Saintsational Legend

Goddard is not going to bring the right balance with both Kosi and Riewoldt operating - we'll have 3 big bodies and 2 or 3 smalls (McQualter, Schneider and Milne)- where are our quick medium sized players ?

We need to add 1 or 2 good medium sized forwards - not big bodies for balance and we need to lose one or 2 smalls.
- we clearly have enough big bodies at the moment.

It's to do with balance and harmony.
Last edited by samoht on Wed 07 Oct 2009 1:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

eppo67
Club Player

What about Lockyer from Collingwood for BAll as the Mid size Fwd we seem to all want.

mustangjack
Club Player

eppo67 wrote:What about Lockyer from Collingwood for BAll as the Mid size Fwd we seem to all want.
Ihope your joking

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

mustangjack wrote:
eppo67 wrote:What about Lockyer from Collingwood for BAll as the Mid size Fwd we seem to all want.
Ihope your joking
Lockyer aint mid sized, he's a midget.

Jack Anthony is mid sized.

samoht
Saintsational Legend

mustangjack wrote:
Ihope your joking
Lockyer would be another small - solid little prig but he's not really midsized.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Hilarious

A bloke who kicked 99 goals in 07 and won the Coleman medal last year, is up for trade...and noone wants him!!!!!!

Whats that say about ya Fev ??????

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
mustangjack wrote:
Ihope your joking
Lockyer aint mid sized, he's a midget.

Jack Anthony is mid sized.
Either way, they'd be seen as club legends and untouchable...the only way in would be if we went for one of their lesser lights. Any of value?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

If that wet little poonce Lockyer came anywhere near Moorabbin I would cry for years.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:Hilarious

A bloke who kicked 99 goals in 07 and won the Coleman medal last year, is up for trade...and noone wants him!!!!!!

I think there's a few clubs that are holding off until Friday & hope they get him in a fire sale.

eppo67
Club Player

Sorry guys just a thought! Your right on second thoughts he is too small.

What about Anthony then.

lefty
Club Player

I wouldnt mind fev (as long as he doesn't be an idiot off the field).

I guess Gardiner had a similar/poor background and turned it around.

You'd have Fev at FF, then Kosi and Roo on the 50m arch each side of the oval, giving 2 options rather than always to Roo option.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

lefty wrote:I wouldnt mind fev (as long as he doesn't be an idiot off the field).

I guess Gardiner had a similar/poor background and turned it around.

You'd have Fev at FF, then Kosi and Roo on the 50m arch each side of the oval, giving 2 options rather than always to Roo option.
Or even Roo on a wing like Matt Richardson. Push forward at times and kick a goal or two. Would be bloody hard to match up on. He has the tank to do it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It says an awful lot IMO

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:

It says an awful lot IMO
It is not so much what he is done, but it is what is required to get the deal done. No one wants to give away a first round pick, a player and THEN be stuck with his massive contract salary. Not for a person of his age and his antic. Was OK for Carlton as he would be shifted to their Veterans list and half of his salary not be counted towards their salary cap in the next year. No other club has that luxury.

Will be interesting to see what happens by the close of business Friday. Still think there are many twists and turns to come with this deal an a few others yet.... :D

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Milton66
SS Life Member

I'd say his asking price would have a lot to do with it. MAke him availabe for $300k and see what happens.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Milton66 wrote:I'd say his asking price would have a lot to do with it. MAke him availabe for $300k and see what happens.
Doesn't worry Fev. Carlton or his new club will pay him what his contract states. It is up to Carlton and another club to come to terms over who gets stuck with the bill. Granted, Fev could take less and renegotiate a lesser contract, but would you in his position? He is currently guaranteed that money. He wouldn't care less who ends up paying it.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
BaysideSaint
Club Player

mate, it aint the asking price.
like i have been saying all along:
carlton have had three (3) FAIR DINKUM trades put in front of them and in this order: jolly, davis and ball.
what carlton decide to do is up to carlton.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Is everyone confident that Ross Lyon is the kind of character that would be swayed by the sudden availability of Fev come trade week? He would have been quite methodical in what we needed, and I will be surprised he if suddenly abandons plans and targets Fev.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:Is everyone confident that Ross Lyon is the kind of character that would be swayed by the sudden availability of Fev come trade week? He would have been quite methodical in what we needed, and I will be surprised he if suddenly abandons plans and targets Fev.
This thread is purely based on speculation. No one (or not that I have read so far) is questioning Ross. If Ross wants Fev, he will go after him. If he doesn't see him in his plans, he won't.

I personally believe that Fev would be a great addition but if Ross believes we don't need him, I htrust his judgement 100%. He hasn't let us down so far and I don't believe he will.

Fortius Quo Fidelius