What if LUKE BALL WAS NOT TRADED!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
SainterK wrote:So nobody can see him in a similar situation to ROK at the conclusion of trade week last year?
I can.

And can't wait if that happens... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Would be an interesting press conference! :lol:
Would be a more interesting thread here... :lol:
I'd still punch him! :wink: :lol:
edit: that's a joke btw!
Last edited by satchmo on Tue 06 Oct 2009 10:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Winmarvellous
Club Player

It would either show Ross Lyon to be all talk, or he'll be playing for one of the bottom 4 clubs. After this, the Saints simply CAN'T take him back. Ross drew the line in the sand at the end of the season, and Bally is the only bloke to step over it. See ya later. I seriously hope we DON'T trade him to anyone above 12th, or he walks in the PSD. There simply isn't that much on offer atm, unless we could somehow swing a deal for Burgoyne, that's worth punting on. Let him walk, keep his payroll, and wish him well at the bottom of the ladder.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

it would serve him right if he found himself in football limbo.

go and do a stint in the bush league, bally!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
flyingwhale18
Club Player

he really stuffed himself with the 'i want to go to th pies'
if he was as smart as his enter score (99? or something) he shouldve just said, 'i might test the waters, have a look around and go over offers from clubs', becuase then, if it doesnt work out, he doesnt look like a 'traitor' or many of the things people are labbelling him as. And he would (in my eyes) still be welcome at St Kilda if nothing happend.

team: oh when the saints!
milne: oh when the saints...
team: go marching in!
milne: GO MARCHING IN!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Doesnt bother anyone that we could lose a ex-captain and #3 Draft Pick..for NOTHING if he goes in the PSD

Sheesh standing on your principles is one thing..but..hells bells

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

That said, Ball has told the Saints he is not interested in leaving for any club other than Collingwood, which has some at St Kilda holding out hope that if a deal can't be struck they will retain the former captain.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 09,00.html

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Doesnt bother anyone that we could lose a ex-captain and #3 Draft Pick..for NOTHING if he goes in the PSD

I don't see it as 'standing on principles' so much.
If Collingwood don't want to give us what our List Managers feel is adequate compensation than I'm happy to let him go to a Club at the bottom of the ladder for nix.

Why should we allow him to go to one of our major competitors for an inferior compensation package?

IMO it would be better to deny him to our major competitors and receive nothing than to allow him to get to them for small compensation.

Maybe I'm talking about a 'global view' scenario rather than a 'local view'?

Anything that weakens our opposition's position is necessarily better for us.
Surely we have a duty to make them pay a commensurate cost if we are going to allow them to improve themselves?

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:Doesnt bother anyone that we could lose a ex-captain and #3 Draft Pick..for NOTHING if he goes in the PSD

I don't see it as 'standing on principles' so much.
If Collingwood don't want to give us what our List Managers feel is adequate compensation than I'm happy to let him go to a Club at the bottom of the ladder for nix.

Why should we allow him to go to one of our major competitors for an inferior compensation package?

IMO it would be better to deny him to our major competitors and receive nothing than to allow him to get to them for small compensation.

Maybe I'm talking about a 'global view' scenario rather than a 'local view'?

Anything that weakens our opposition's position is necessarily better for us.
Surely we have a duty to make them pay a commensurate cost if we are going to allow them to improve themselves?
Spot on! Could not have said it better myself. Better to let him go for nothing to the Melbourne where by the time they get their team up and running, it won't have any impact on our team. To send him to Collingwood for a 2nd round draft pick and to have their midfield strengthened and made more threatening by the addition of Ball is madness. Definitely worth a first round pick or nothing for the Pies.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
karnaby
Club Player

1stly I agree with the above 2 posts from MM& s75, however reading the link that brat put up I think that someone like Nathan Brown and maybe some other minor compensation could be ok for us.
saintbrat wrote:
That said, Ball has told the Saints he is not interested in leaving for any club other than Collingwood, which has some at St Kilda holding out hope that if a deal can't be struck they will retain the former captain.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 09,00.html
& from the foxsports article:
The Saints have put a list of names to the Magpies, who indicated on Monday that with their first-round selection likely to go to Sydney Swans for ruckman Darren Jolly, a further deal involving choice draft picks was improbable.

The wish list is understood to include Nathan Brown and several of the Magpies' younger tall defenders rather any of the so-called A-grade talent at the Lexus Centre, a request that has a financial reality built into it.
I did have a quick look and I can't see who one of these other tall defenders might be & besides I want the filth to actually lose something significant IF they are to get ball.
[/quote]

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful