Collingwood do not want to part with their first pick

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Ball will not go to Hawks, they treated his brother unfairly IMO

So if he feels hard done by at saints, he will at Hawks too

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Ball for Sidebottom

Another opportunity awaits!
Batnoe

Collingwood's first pick= Their sister??

I'd part with it or would i part it?

claystreet
Club Player

You know what Collingwood girls use for protection dont ya?

the bus shelter

Batnoe

claystreet wrote:You know what Collingwood girls use for protection dont ya?

the bus shelter
haha

what is similar between a Collingwood girl and a cricket ball??

You can eat a cricket ball

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I think we have answered our question here. The majority of us feel that although we'd love Ball to stay, he has a small motor, slow, can't kick, a cactus groin and is overall a shadow of his All-Australian/B&F form and if he wants to demand big bucks and more game time, than maybe it's best that he moves on.

Yet we slam the Pies for not wanted to part with their first round pick for Ball, when we clearly rate him as a "burst" player at best. It's a situation where the club has invested so much in him that of course we want at least a first round pick, but the stats from his previous three seasons will show that the Pies have every right to think that a first round pick is a rich request.

I bet that the Pies would ask for a first round pick for Fraser if he was on the trade table, to which every other club would laugh at such a request. But they would probably ask it, simply because they invested a number one pick on him.

Now Jolly, the Pies are kidding themselves if they think that's a hard ask.

Bad management is bad management
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:I think we have answered our question here. The majority of us feel that although we'd love Ball to stay, he has a small motor, slow, can't kick, a cactus groin and is overall a shadow of his All-Australian/B&F form and if he wants to demand big bucks and more game time, than maybe it's best that he moves on.

Yet we slam the Pies for not wanted to part with their first round pick for Ball, when we clearly rate him as a "burst" player at best. It's a situation where the club has invested so much in him that of course we want at least a first round pick, but the stats from his previous three seasons will show that the Pies have every right to think that a first round pick is a rich request.

I bet that the Pies would ask for a first round pick for Fraser if he was on the trade table, to which every other club would laugh at such a request. But they would probably ask it, simply because they invested a number one pick on him.

Perhaps because he is suited to the Collingwood style of play, short bursts would work with the high rotations. They would place high value on a player that is good in contested ball situations, given they have an abundance of midfielders that wouldn't know what contested means. Finally, I read that the MCG surface would be better suited to Luke than the hard surfaced dome.

Wouldn't be surprised if they had indicated to him that they were interested...so let them pay what he is worth to Collingwood, who needs his type.

HarveysDeciple

Worst traders ever the Pies.

He wants to play for us, so just let him come for a bag of peanuts...that should be acceptable?

Arrogant tossers. They have missed out on every single big name, and they will keep doing it.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:Worst traders ever the Pies.

He wants to play for us, so just let him come for a bag of peanuts...that should be acceptable?

Arrogant tossers. They have missed out on every single big name, and they will keep doing it.
Agreed...yet they were shafted superbly by Brisbane in 2007 when they gave up a first round pick for that spud Cameron Wood. That pick (#14) eventually ended up at Melbourne, who got Jack Grimes...who is going to be a gun

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Eddie McGuire on his MMM show just eluded that seeing Lyon and Roos are good mates they are tag teaming on making it hard for the pies, re jolly, ball and co, have a sook :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Before Im 85
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball just played in our losing Grand Final team.
At least in our Club's eyes he is in our best 22.
Therefore it is not unreasonable for us to ask for a first round draft pick (or early 2nd round at worst) for him.
In a draft where all teh 'experts' are claiming that the talent pool droips off after the first 10 picks, how can anybody seriously claim that a player who's last game was in a grandfinal is not more valuable than a 'pig in a poke'?

If Collingwood want him, then they'll have to deal.

We've secured Lovett, we don't need to hand Collingwood the jar of lubricant to assist them in 'rogering' us.

What's our downside if the trade doesn't happen?
Ball goes for no compensation in the PSD and we lose 200-500K off our salary cap.

Ball chose to leave us - we didn't throw him out. If he wants to go to Collingwood then he and his manager need to ensure that Collingwood meet our demands.

They want him -then they have to work to get the deal done.
We don't need to accomodate them.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Eddie McGuire on his MMM show just eluded that seeing Lyon and Roos are good mates they are tag teaming on making it hard for the pies, re jolly, ball and co, have a sook :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Oh yes that would make sense :roll: .

Let make it hard just because we are friends - probably at the expense of the best interest of our club :roll:

When will Collingwood wake up to the fact that at trading you have to be fair.

Lovett for #16 Fair for example.

But then it is good that the filth still cant trade and are too arrogant to learn.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon said: We will now do what is best for the St Kilda Football Club's interests ... with the aim of completing an equitable trade for a person of Luke's calibre, leadership, playing honours and experience
to me that doesn't equate to a second round pick.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Make no mistake, Collingwood want and need Ball, they lack contested ball getters. He suits their game style, dinky 20 to 30 metre kicks. I'm sure (Shaw) they've already dusted off the old #22 jumper for him as I believe their jam tins are lower.

O'bree has started to hang out of packs and lost his effectiveness. Swan and Pendlebury need some help, big ask for Beams and Sidebottom to carry them for next few years. He is required by them, especially if they can get a ruckman who provides a contest at bounces.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

We MUST demand a 1st round pick or we will look like a lughing stock giving up a first round pick for a 27 year old who has attitude and off field problems.

And in turn receiving a 2nd round pick for a model citizen who is smart, AA, leader and one of the best contested players in the comp. It would be laughable and we would lose out BIG TIME!

Luke Ball obviously isn't where he was but where he was he would be demanding a top 3 draft pick without a doubt! It's time to stick to our guns, we cannot give him up for a 2nd round pick to a RIVAL club that is in the premiership hunt.

We may lose him for nothing but to a club tghat will be non threatening which would probably be a better outcome if collingwood are low balling us

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:We MUST demand a 1st round pick or we will look like a lughing stock giving up a first round pick for a 27 year old who has attitude and off field problems.

And in turn receiving a 2nd round pick for a model citizen who is smart, AA, leader and one of the best contested players in the comp. It would be laughable and we would lose out BIG TIME!

Luke Ball obviously isn't where he was but where he was he would be demanding a top 3 draft pick without a doubt! It's time to stick to our guns, we cannot give him up for a 2nd round pick to a RIVAL club that is in the premiership hunt.

We may lose him for nothing but to a club tghat will be non threatening which would probably be a better outcome if collingwood are low balling us
The first sentance has nothing to do with Ball but apart from that I agree with your post.

And I couldn't care less about age. Lovett is ideal for us and if you cant see that well I dont think you watch us as closely as you might.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Royston
Club Player

If we get McKinley and a high 2nd rounder for Ball, with Davis or whoever going to WCE and we get Everitt with the 2nd rounder a good result.

Either that or Nathan Brown & 2nd rounder for Ball from Coll.

Get it done.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
mightysainters wrote:We MUST demand a 1st round pick or we will look like a lughing stock giving up a first round pick for a 27 year old who has attitude and off field problems.

The first sentance has nothing to do with Ball but apart from that I agree with your post.

And I couldn't care less about age. Lovett is ideal for us and if you cant see that well I dont think you watch us as closely as you might.
Granted I totally agree he is ideal for us Lovett but I still think we may have been over the odds... BUT he does add that x factor and speed to burn... I just hope he has the right attitude....

Anyway back to the point Ross and Roos have apparently been ganging up on the pies pffft... what a joke but you know those two would be in talks :wink: updating each other great to see.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Good luck at Richmond Bally, because the filth wont get a deal done with pick 14 ofgf the table.

AS ive said in a previous thread they have nothing in the way of players that we need so they would need to get a third party involved or once again lose a player in the pre season draft to another club.

If we trade Luke Ball away for a second round pick I will not be happy

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Apparently Saints are after players for Ball

Lance or James??

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:I think we have answered our question here. The majority of us feel that although we'd love Ball to stay, he has a small motor, slow, can't kick, a cactus groin and is overall a shadow of his All-Australian/B&F form and if he wants to demand big bucks and more game time, than maybe it's best that he moves on.

Spot on.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Seriously if Ball wants to go to Collingwood he needs to get Collingwood to trade its' first round draft pick no 14.
Without that pick there is no deal.

For that to happen Ball has to convince Collingwood that he can live up to Collingwood's trade mark.

He needs to go out and get himself covered in absurd tattoos and go and bash some innocent member of the public or at least get himself arrested.
It is up to you Luke.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Have Collingwood ever made a decent trade?

Perhaps Buckley almost two decades ago?

They consistantly fail come trade week.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
BaysideSaint
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:Eddie McGuire on his MMM show just eluded that seeing Lyon and Roos are good mates they are tag teaming on making it hard for the pies, re jolly, ball and co, have a sook :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
you listen to that s***?

BaysideSaint
Club Player

bigred wrote:Have Collingwood ever made a decent trade?

Perhaps Buckley almost two decades ago?

They consistantly fail come trade week.
because they are cheap.
word has it (from a reliable source) that for fevola collingwood offered: leon davis.

now that wont happen because:

A. you dont trade a 6'3" key position forward for a 5'10" small forward no matter how desperate you are.
B. the quickest way to lose 10% of your membership is to deal with collingwood.
C. carlton are just humouring them for thier own sense of sick pleasure.
D. carlton would take didak and a draftpick.