Fev Up for Trade - Nominates Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

claystreet
Club Player

Imagine how many he would kick on the SCG.

TassieJones
Club Player

Ball bag for Fev, straight swap...

if only *sigh*

BaysideSaint
Club Player

bump

carlton believed to be deciding between ball and jolly.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

TassieJones wrote:Ball bag for Fev, straight swap...

if only *sigh*
Flower Fevola not worth the money for starters, and unlike some Clubs the Saints are currently paying 100% of our salary cap...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Should we still make a play for him?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
starsign
Club Player

SaintWodonga wrote:Should we still make a play for him?
Yep I've had a re-think! He WANTS to come here! ( and why wouldn't he?) and will also have a big say in where he ends up

The Blues are cornered, and definitely don't want to be stuck with him as its believed the leadership group want him out and he would become the highest paid AFL player ever!!!!

i,d be happy with contract clauses and the fact he has got mates in the club who could help keep him in control

With the team trademarks we have in place and with a flag beckoning, He would know that the acid would then be right on him, and we would have the chance right at the start to lay it on the line, whereas the Blues dug a hole for themselves by being soft on him from day 1

I recon we are in the box seat to get him if RL wants him and we may not have to pay as much as peeps think!

Milton66
SS Life Member

starsign wrote:
Yep I've had a re-think! He WANTS to come here! ( and why wouldn't he?) and will also have a big say in where he ends up

The Blues are cornered, and definitely don't want to be stuck with him as its believed the leadership group want him out and he would become the highest paid AFL player ever!!!!

i,d be happy with contract clauses and the fact he has got mates in the club who could help keep him in control

With the team trademarks we have in place and with a flag beckoning, He would know that the acid would then be right on him, and we would have the chance right at the start to lay it on the line, whereas the Blues dug a hole for themselves by being soft on him from day 1

I recon we are in the box seat to get him if RL wants him and we may not have to pay as much as peeps think!
Gee, I hope you're right.

It will come down to how much the scum are willing to subsidise him.

Give them Ball and let them pay 65% of his contract. Delist any fringe player who's taking up salary cap space if we have any.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:

I'm starting to think you may be on to something.

Seems the reality is as much as Carlton the club would like to keep him, perhaps the playing group are over it.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he may come to us subsidised.

What are we spending on Lovett?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Milton66
SS Life Member

If we do, it will be the biggesttrade week coup since the Gherig/Hamill/Lawrence/Voss week.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

gezz the thought of walking out of the draft with lovett and fev is mouth watering...

i will now respond to tradeweeks_da_bomb

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
starsign wrote:

I'm starting to think you may be on to something.

Seems the reality is as much as Carlton the club would like to keep him, perhaps the playing group are over it.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he may come to us subsidised.

What are we spending on Lovett?
Thats a good theory, I think carlto would almost give him away, especially if it is true that king judd will take his bat and go home if fev stays.

He think he really wants to be a saint and witht the culture at our club he knows he wont be able to step ot of line, just like gardi.
Imagine after all these years of our culture being bagged we are now seen as a club with a strong culture

I love this club
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

I have thought about this long and hard and I have decided that we must get Fev.

Would free up Riewoldt to play more of roaming role which utilises his great running with Kosi and Fev the stay at home forwards.

Think if anyone can get Fevs head right it will be Ross,SOS and the leadership group.

Come on down Fev :twisted:

Just make it happen Saints :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:I have thought about this long and hard and I have decided that we must get Fev.

Would free up Riewoldt to play more of roaming role which utilises his great running with Kosi and Fev the stay at home forwards.

Think if anyone can get Fevs head right it will be Ross,SOS and the leadership group.

I hope it does not happen...

Not worth the money and we just cant afford him considering we are paying 100% of our salary cap ATM

He is destructive off the field and sometimes on the field flower him

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Milton66
SS Life Member

Pay him $100k and make him our Ambassador for AA or something useful like that.

flyingwhale18
Club Player

if we somehow could get Fev, would him, Roo and Kosi really work in the same forward line?

is it really as easy as Roo play more up field?

team: oh when the saints!
milne: oh when the saints...
team: go marching in!
milne: GO MARCHING IN!
PaulieGa
Club Player

Well did Gehrig, Roo and Kosi work well in the forward together?

Statsman
Club Player

PaulieGa wrote:Well did Gehrig, Roo and Kosi work well in the forward together?
It's hard to tell, each week at least one of them was injured. :wink:

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

flyingwhale18 wrote:if we somehow could get Fev, would him, Roo and Kosi really work in the same forward line?

is it really as easy as Roo play more up field?
I have never thought that Riewoldt was a natural forward so my instincts are yes it could work definately..Kosi also can rotate in the Ruck and down back.

The reality is that Fev kicked more goals that anyone last year...put him in the St.Kilda scenerio like the 30 inside 50's in the first half of the grandfinal and the possibilties start to get exciting...

Ball plus a late draft pick and we wouild be more dangerous in 2010.

Fact :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

I know Gardi cost us very little, but I can still remember the negative comments when he arrived at St Kilda.

Forgetting his injuries, St Kilda have managed to straighten him out magnificently, albeit a bit of maturity may have come into it as well.

I say go for Fev. Whilst he's certainly a big dumb f.ck, even he would be aware he's got to get off the soup now, or its all over, rover.

He would allow Roo to roam far and wide, would also allow Kosi to have a run every now and again with Roo dropping back.

To be honest the thought of Lovett hitting Fev lace out is a drooling thought.

Richter
SS Life Member

I really don't see Fev, Kosi and Roo working in the same forward line...... However...... if he were to come, I'd expect that King would go into early retirement.... Play Kosi as a ruckman again...... save on King's salary.....

Might work...

However, we'd have to give up..... Ball to the pies for a second round - sent to Carltank, as well as our second rounder and likely another player.....

Do you reckon they'd take Gwilt?

Nah, we don't have enough to offer them.....

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:
starsign wrote:

Gee, I hope you're right.

It will come down to how much the scum are willing to subsidise him.

Give them Ball and let them pay 65% of his contract. Delist any fringe player who's taking up salary cap space if we have any.
Looking at our list, whilst this year Bakes and Hayes will be on the Veteran List, 2011 will see Blake move there, and 2012 is the doozy - Kosi and Roo...

Would there be any way of backending Fev's contract so that most $$$ was spent with Roo and Kos on the Vet list??? Or must we follow Carlton's payment plan??

Also, speaking of fringe players, We will have finished paying of Fiora's contract this year, and Leigh Fisher will surely go. Both not very big players, but they both signed at the "peaks", each after pretty good seasons. Whilst they still wouldnt be much... could that have the ability to free up an extra $300,000 - $400,000???

PJ
SS Life Member

Even with Carlton paying a chunk of his wage where are we going to find room in the Cap? Luke has gone creating 600k but gotta Lovett will be on at least 400k (i'd imagine) and no one of any substantial pay has gone. People would have to take pay cuts and I can't see that happening with the incoming being FEV

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SuperSaint
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:I have thought about this long and hard and I have decided that we must get Fev.

I agree with you saint patrick. Fev would really change his tune if he happened to play for the club he has supported and loved as a kid. The guy might have his faults but he is genuinely a good hearted "kid" at heart still and he would be a big success at SKilda. I have always been saying that since the days of G-Train's retirement.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Patrick Smyth said Stkilda have they will not deal in Fev.
Guess that rules him out

Bring back the Lockett era
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

I don't know how interested St Kilda is or if we can do a cross trade that will interest Carlton.

but in simple terms -

Fev = Kosi + 40 goals

We get 2 more goals on average/game.

Goals are a precious and rare commodity these days.

and potentially 150 goals plus from our CHF and FF.

Also importantly -
Maybe Kosi can give Roo a few weeks off to rest his knee during the year and take the pressure off him by playing CHF for him when required - with Fev at FF we will be able to do that and still win games.

just the fact that Fev can slot 2 more goals /game than kosi will also take the pressure off riewoldt - and about time.