Should Ball end up at C*llingw**d...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Should Ball end up at C*llingw**d...

We should get draft picks in exchange for him, not players. I'm struggling to think of any player, apart from Swan or Daisy, that what be an assett to the club.

Pretty much all C*llingw**d players that end up in St.Kilda jumpers are has beens or duds. Can anyone think of an exception here?

P.S. IMO, fans should boo Luke Ball soundly everytime he plays against us in the future.

P.P.S. No, it's not poor form. He's done a Judas on us :evil:
Last edited by Sainternist on Tue 06 Oct 2009 2:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
ThePunter
Club Player

It is clear that if Collingwood want Ball, a third club will need to get involved.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Harry O would be a perfect addition to our side as well, would free up BJ, Gilbo & Chips at various times depending on match ups. Pendlebury would be a welcome addition. Purely on playing ability (let's ignore his off-field crap), Didak would be marvellous too. However, the Pies won't part with any of these players.

Thus, it will most likely be a 3 way trade.

The Saints are coming!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Think Swan is about the only one I would want from the filth. but not likely

I love this club
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

im a big rap for harry o - as a bloke and player. but no way the filth will let him go. filth wont give anything up. they will offer us a muppet. no chance he will end up at pies.

suss
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:Think Swan is about the only one I would want from the filth. but not likely
The only ones I'd want are the one they won't give up: Swan, Pendlbury and possibly Sidebottom.

Didak is a key player but still trouble. Daisy is a gun - when he feels like it.

I just don't think Collingwood has the players or picks to accommodate Ball. Melbourne, Essendon and Hawthorn all seem like better fits to me.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

He wants to go. I don't care where he ends up as long as the deal is the BEST POSSIBLE DEAL FOR StKILDA !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Furphy
Club Player

Does Collingwood have a player who would get a game with us? They have no early draft picks to swap, so I don't like their chances of getting Bag.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I posted this on another Bally thread, but reckon it's appropriate here as well:

A couple of blokes that may be of serious interest to us at Collingwood are Ben Reid and Nathan Brown, who are ready made CHB's. If we let Goose go, they may be very appealing as "back-up's".
Both were taken in the top 10 of the 2006 "Super draft" and have about 3 years of AFL development behind them now. Brown did extremely well in his early games last year, at full, or centre half back (on big names, when he was just 19), so he's proven what he can do. While Reid apparently was switched from the forward line to the backline this year and reputedly did very well (in the VFL).
Either one could also free up our two Sam's to be totally attacking weapons off half back, which would in turn free up BJ to go semi-permanently forward. Those things could make us significantly stronger and help us kick more than the 10 goals a game we have been lately.
With Collingwood having Presti, Leigh Brown, Nick Maxwell and Harry O in their backline at present, there's little room for either one of the aforementioned, so they may well be very prepared to let one go, for Bally. I reckon I'd be very happy with that (only if Goose wants out, though, unless he's not up to it anymore).

Ben Reid: http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/players ... fault.aspx

Nathan Brown: http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/players ... fault.aspx

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Daisy? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:Think Swan is about the only one I would want from the filth. but not likely
The only ones I'd want are the one they won't give up: Swan, Pendlbury and possibly Sidebottom.

Didak is a key player but still trouble. Daisy is a gun - when he feels like it.

I just don't think Collingwood has the players or picks to accommodate Ball. Melbourne, Essendon and Hawthorn all seem like better fits to me.
That about sums it up, Didak is just to much trouble, Daisy to me is a front runner,

He mat want to got to the filth but I really hope RL sticks to his stance of not giving him away.

Plus I would rather we get nothing than go him go to the filth

I love this club
Royston
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I posted this on another Bally thread, but reckon it's appropriate here as well:

A couple of blokes that may be of serious interest to us at Collingwood are Ben Reid and Nathan Brown, who are ready made CHB's. If we let Goose go, they may be very appealing as "back-up's".
Both were taken in the top 10 of the 2006 "Super draft" and have about 3 years of AFL development behind them now. Brown did extremely well in his early games last year, at full, or centre half back (on big names, when he was just 19), so he's proven what he can do. While Reid apparently was switched from the forward line to the backline this year and reputedly did very well (in the VFL).
Either one could also free up our two Sam's to be totally attacking weapons off half back, which would in turn free up BJ to go semi-permanently forward. Those things could make us significantly stronger and help us kick more than the 10 goals a game we have been lately.
With Collingwood having Presti, Leigh Brown, Nick Maxwell and Harry O in their backline at present, there's little room for either one of the aforementioned, so they may well be very prepared to let one go, for Bally. I reckon I'd be very happy with that (only if Goose wants out, though, unless he's not up to it anymore).

Ben Reid: http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/players ... fault.aspx

Nathan Brown: http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/players ... fault.aspx

On the money APS.

Players being considered for a trade....Nathan Brown and / or Jaxon Barham.

Just a wisper at this point.

Agree that Brown would be a solid inclusion - not sure on JB, both are only 20yrs of age.

Gurgman
Club Player

Re: Should Ball end up at C*llingw**d...

Sainternist wrote:We should get draft picks in exchange for him, not players. I'm struggling to think of any player, apart from Swan or Daisy, that what be an assett to the club.

Pretty much all C*llingw**d players that end up in St.Kilda jumpers are has beens or duds. Can anyone think of an exception here?

P.S. IMO, fans should boo Luke Ball soundly everytime he plays against us in the future.

P.P.S. No, it's not poor form. He's done a Judas on us :evil:

Daisy , you must be kidding , we allready have a forward like him with the same faults .

And i thought this was a forum
boneless23
Club Player

To talk of players like Pendlebury, Didak and Swan is farsical.

The callibre of players they will offer up include Toovey, Cox, Wellingham, Goldsack, Barham, Reid and Brown.

I think we are a small defender short and may be a depth key back short also.

I would rather a Brown and Goldsack trade for Bally than nothing at all.

TassieJones
Club Player

it would be of most use of for us to get picks from collingwood for him then on trade them for a gun player if possible

saintpeter
Club Player

I like the look of Sidebottom...was really good in the finals. Is he a relative of the big bloke Gary Sidebottom who played a few seasons for us in the 1980s? Unusual name. Doubt whether the filth would give him up though. Harry O'Brien woul be fantastic. Anthony could also be more than useful. Nice hands and a great kick for goal.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i'd rather we did a veale deal with Melbourne tbh.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I'd take a straight swap for Sidebottom... he's going to be a serious gun. Same for Beames. I can't see the Filth offering either but then again if Malthouse wants to have a serious crack at a flag in 2010/11 would he really care if he stuffs up Buckley's midfield???

If the Pies offer Nathan Brown I'd take him with their 2nd round pick. He is a lock at CHB for the next 10 years.

Now we have Lovett I'm quite happy to pick up a promising young player and draft pick (realistically their 2nd rounder).

Sidebottom, Beames or Brown.

Reid can't kick so a big N.O there.