Rumour trade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Why is Lovett the player we need? He's played about 80 games is 6 odd years (just a guess), is almost 27 and has a rotten history.

How may times do you honestly reckon Lovett would have touched the footy last Saturday? He would have fainted at the pressure. He's light, frightened and flakey.

We need Lovett like I need a second arsehole.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

alex101 wrote:More on Ball:
ESSENDON has emerged as a potential new home for Luke Ball as the decorated St Kilda mid-fielder continues to consider his future.

The Dons approached St Kilda about Ball this week, while officials from both clubs were in Canberra for the AFL draft camp, and also raised the idea of a deal with Andrew Lovett.

It is understood he remains torn between his loyalty to St Kilda and the temptation to earn more game time and money elsewhere. He received St Kilda's offer months ago but to date has remained non-committal.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...012432,00.html
Interesting. Fans will go into melt down mode if it is true. We all claim that the 'team' is more important than any individual. Lets see if that theory holds true by the end of trade week. It is going to be a long week.

I am a MASSIVE fan of Luke Ball, BUT if he is not willing to take a pay cut, his days at St Kilda could be numbered. Lets face it, he had a great GF, but his performance in numerous games during the year have been questionable.

Do we trust in Ross enough to back him if he makes a decision like this on one of St Kilda's favourite sons? Time will tell. That said, I do think there is a fair amount of 'fluff' in these headlines.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

There's always fluff when Newscorp are involved.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Lovett is a deadset over-boiled potato - THAT soft - with MASSIVE tickets on himself.

He's done bugger all worthwhile.

Don't want a talent waster at St K.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
FullMonty
Club Player

Really respect Bally but.........
IMHO Leg speed is what we need and Lovett fits the bill.

Montyrules!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

The heraldsun has also named ball and a pick for Burgoyne.

How many Balls on our list does the heraldsun think we have?

JABBER
Club Player

rumour trade

Goose to Essendon (Saturday Hearld Sun)

Peake to St kilda (Fox Sports Channel News)

Mc Kingley to St kilda (talkback on SEN)

trevor barker
Royston
Club Player

Re: rumour trade

JABBER wrote:Goose to Essendon (Saturday Hearld Sun)

Have heard that we are looking at / considering Peake from Freo.

Good source....doesn't mean it will happ though and I have no further details

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:I doubt we'll make many changes. If we were to shift Bally on, who's going to help Lendog in and under? It's the same argumant with Goose - we might as well give him a chance next year, because if Zac blows up we have no big key defenders.
Gilbert, Blake, Fisher don't count? Other previously proven options being Goddard, Raph and Gwilt..

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Why is Lovett the player we need? He's played about 80 games is 6 odd years (just a guess), is almost 27 and has a rotten history.
He's got extreme pace, excellent skills, breaks the lines and creates a heap of goals. He's had personal issues but fit and firing he is an absolute gun.

flyingwhale18
Club Player

could Goose and pick 16 for Lovett end up working? any chances?

REEEEAAAALLLLYYYY dont want to see Ball go, and alot of people think 'lovett is what we need'

team: oh when the saints!
milne: oh when the saints...
team: go marching in!
milne: GO MARCHING IN!
saintdavies

Hope Bally doesn't go for Lovett, i rate him higher than Lovett. Ball wins the contested ball which is what we have prided ourselves on this year and will improve on that next year. Lovett is a good player but honestly i think he wouldn't add more to the team than Ball, and when we didn't have Ball in the team, i think it was either against Essendon or North, we lost the game. He's a vital part of our structure.

flyingwhale18
Club Player

i think he played against essendon, but was used mainly in the forward line, where he didnt go to well, he should be played in the midfield in bursts, similar to the GF.
Except, not 46% game time, try and work that up to at least 65-70% and you will see Ball averaging 25+ possies, 6+ tackles, with a stack of contested possession.
also, isnt getting Lovett, just getting a better version of Raph? if so, why would we not offer raph in trade week, if we are chasing Lovett? or is it that no one wants him?

team: oh when the saints!
milne: oh when the saints...
team: go marching in!
milne: GO MARCHING IN!
ace
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:The heraldsun has also named ball and a pick for Burgoyne.

How many Balls on our list does the heraldsun think we have?
My mate in the property department says we had plenty of Balls.
We even give them away to kids at some matches.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
makemytime
Club Player

flyingwhale18 wrote:i think he played against essendon, but was used mainly in the forward line, where he didnt go to well, he should be played in the midfield in bursts, similar to the GF.
Except, not 46% game time, try and work that up to at least 65-70% and you will see Ball averaging 25+ possies, 6+ tackles, with a stack of contested possession.
also, isnt getting Lovett, just getting a better version of Raph? if so, why would we not offer raph in trade week, if we are chasing Lovett? or is it that no one wants him?
true what you're saying about Ball's lack of game time. Imo, Ball could be all-australian next year, he played really really well in the last two games and deserves game time.

Raph to essendon? no chance, they play different positions and we don't want another mid to be on the fringes while stopping the development of armo and stevens. (WHO HAS A LOT OF PACE)

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Lovett to St Kilda for Matt Maguire + draft pick.

This is the rumour thread ...isnt it ..

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: rumour trade

JABBER wrote:Goose to Essendon (Saturday Hearld Sun)

That would be Ben McKinley of West Coast medium forward, 184 cm, turns 23 in March next year.
2005 national draft pick no 29, 73 goals from 36 games, 30 from 17 this year.
Would fit in nicely with Milne, Schneider, and McQualter at the feet of Kosi and Roo

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour trade

saintdavies wrote:Heard a rumor from inside st kilda that the saints are talking with West Coast to trade Luke Ball for Kerr. What do you guys think? Personally i would keep Ball, hope its not true though :evil:
kerr aint going anywhere. Worsfold made it very very clear last year that Kerr wasnt going anywehere.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Actually, out of all the players out there that would give us an extra dimension, it would be a fit Kerr -he's a gun, but probably tied to WCE

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re:

The OtherThommo wrote:Why is Lovett the player we need? He's played about 80 games is 6 odd years (just a guess), is almost 27 and has a rotten history.

How may times do you honestly reckon Lovett would have touched the footy last Saturday? He would have fainted at the pressure. He's light, frightened and flakey.

Oh TOT............................you were the first one to bag any suggestion of Lovett being traded to the Saints................... in HINDSIGHT would you please mention this in every second post you make???? :wink: :wink: :wink:

I'm sure all posters at S/S would bow down before you if you kept reminding us of this need to know fact on your opinion of yesteryear. Who cares about the insightful posting you are doing on 'Essendope'..... that is trivial compared with what you told us 3 October 2009

PS........ crap aside TOT........... love your painstaking work on 'Essendope', keep digging!!...............Loris

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps a cheap shot loris

Expect nothing different, from little old passive aggressive you....

Research some more posts, and I can assure you

TOT is no Robison Crusoe... Many were against it! For the exact reasons TOT outlined and more

But, in saying that, tip of the Hat to TOT.... Because he is the answer to

Who could've predicted it would go bad?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Re:

loris wrote:

Oh TOT............................you were the first one to bag any suggestion of Lovett being traded to the Saints................... in HINDSIGHT would you please mention this in every second post you make???? :wink: :wink: :wink:

I'm sure all posters at S/S would bow down before you if you kept reminding us of this need to know fact on your opinion of yesteryear. Who cares about the insightful posting you are doing on 'Essendope'..... that is trivial compared with what you told us 3 October 2009

PS........ crap aside TOT........... love your painstaking work on 'Essendope', keep digging!!...............Loris

Gold!

Great work Loris!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re:

mad saint guy wrote:
He's got extreme pace, excellent skills, breaks the lines and creates a heap of goals. He's had personal issues but fit and firing he is an absolute gun.

Really?

I knew it.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Re:

Spinner wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:

Really?

I knew it.

This guy Lovett sounds good we should trade him in.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Late bump, reckless, high impact, low contact.

2 weeks.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"