LUKE BALL and 2nd ROUND for FEVOLA... YES or NO?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:It aint gonna happen BUT imagine...

Riewoldt playing CHF (leading out taking 15 marks a game) and Kossi and Fev playing from the square.
Yeah imagine

"Kosi get out of my way".
"Fev get out of my space".
"Kosi guess how big is my pay".
"Fev get out of my face".

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Picture a near finished game of twister between three big blokes in Saints kit, add Milne and Scheids and you get the idea

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

No, to Ball for Fevola :shock:

No Contract, No contact :shock:
flyingwhale18
Club Player

Ball to Carlton...

why anyone would want to trade Luke Ball is beyond me.
anyone see him crying on the bench, in the rooms?
the man bleeds red white and black, wouldnt wanna give up a player like that, even it was for fev.

team: oh when the saints!
milne: oh when the saints...
team: go marching in!
milne: GO MARCHING IN!
SaintHomer
Club Player

NO

gringo
Saintsational Legend

saints would at least provide a stable group of mature professional players to keep Fev in line.

He should have the wake up call he needs from this and with carlton paying his contract out would be a bargain.

I would love to be the team that the media swoons over our leadership developing a wayward player into a superstar. It always hurt when no one remembered the development (and previous games) we put into players like Lockett, Hall and Everitt.

Love to see carlton fans sullen as everone in the media forgot the colemans and 12 goal games and pretend that the guy couldn"t play before he was surrounded with professionals.

I can see Armo lifting next year and fighting for the second in and under role. Would be sad to see ball in the sandy strip again, could be better for both if thats on the agenda.

Batnoe

I would do it

quite simply because we have Armo and Steven as those hard it it midfielders. Although Ball is a huge favourite of mine we actually have a bit of depth in the middle. It is the forward that we dont

If roo or Kosi went down we wouldnt have a chance, we were lucky neither did this year

With Fev we have the depth, plus you would assume at least another 50 goals for the year as it will stay in there more than it comes out. He is also a good tackler and will keep the pressure up.

How good would it be that either one of Kosi, Roo or Fev would get the 3rd tall- almost impossible to match up on

I love how Ball is a great clubman but he is not irraplacable. Shown when he was dropped this year that we have the game plan and the depth to cover him

GO FOR IT STKILDA

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I wouldnt take Fevola for an apple core and a pair of old socks let alone Luke Ball

NO and NO

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

If Ball is prepared to play for us for $300,000 then keep him!

If not then
Batnoe wrote:I would do it

quite simply because we have Armo and Steven as those hard it it midfielders. Although Ball is a huge favourite of mine we actually have a bit of depth in the middle. It is the forward that we dont

If roo or Kosi went down we wouldnt have a chance, we were lucky neither did this year

With Fev we have the depth, plus you would assume at least another 50 goals for the year as it will stay in there more than it comes out. He is also a good tackler and will keep the pressure up.

How good would it be that either one of Kosi, Roo or Fev would get the 3rd tall- almost impossible to match up on

I love how Ball is a great clubman but he is not irraplacable. Shown when he was dropped this year that we have the game plan and the depth to cover him

GO FOR IT STKILDA
I agree

Ball would really be tested on how much he really wants to play for St kilda!

If he looks at it fairly, he's been overpaid for the past few years, given his output in that time, so $300,000 is a fair deal for both parties IMHO!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: If he looks at it fairly, he's been overpaid for the past few years, given his output in that time, so $300,000 is a fair deal for both parties IMHO!
Do you know how much Ball is getting??

What is wrong with Ball's output??

This year he has averaged just under 20 disposals and 6 tackles a match..

Yes, last year was slightly better

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Finna
Club Player

No f****** Way! :evil:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote: If he looks at it fairly, he's been overpaid for the past few years, given his output in that time, so $300,000 is a fair deal for both parties IMHO!

Apparently he's on about $600,000, according to reports, but whatever it is, it's been way over, on what he's delivered.

What's wrong with his output?

His shocking disposal/foot skills, his inability to kick more than 40 metres, his goalkicking or lack of it, he's a terrible converter from the few opportunities he does get, does not read the play and get to the right positions often enough.

$300,000 is about right IMO considering there is a salary cap and other players deserve to be rewarded.
Last edited by barks4eva on Thu 01 Oct 2009 2:35pm, edited 2 times in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

no...no...no...no way....f*** me.... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Milton66
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Apparently he's on about $600,000, according to reports, but whatever it is, it's been way over, on what he's delivered.

His shocking disposal/foot skills, his inability to kick more than 40 metres, his goalkicking or lack of it, he's a terrible converter from the few opportunities he does get, does not read the play and get to the right positions often enough.

$300,000 is about right IMO considering there is a salary cap and other players deserve to be rewarded.
Have to agree. Love Luke, but like anyone else, you have to be clinical when it comes to list review.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Well you are entitled to your opinion, but for someone that ....

does not read the play and get to the right positions often enough.
and has a career average of over 20 disposals a match, I would suggest he does read the play very well.

I also disagree with your comment that he has shocking disposal, yes he doesn't kick too far but I would not rate Balls disposals as shocking

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
reincarnated

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

and has a career average of over 20 disposals a match, I would suggest he does read the play very well.

I also disagree with your comment that he has shocking disposal, yes he doesn't kick too far but I would not rate Balls disposals as shocking
Ball has not ben worth the major top 20 in the league pack packet. Reincarnated believes that anyone who actually think he has been worth it is clueless.

Luke Ball would know this too. Regardless of his injuries and his courage he is not worth the on average 600,000 annually.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated....

If someone has a different opinion to you, may I suggest that you don't farking call them clueless??

Do you know that Ball is on $600,000 a season?

If so reincarnated please provide the link?

I am also not in the habit of bagging a great player that has served our Club to his very best, on and off the field, in order to pump up a cretin like fevola

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:reincarnated....

If someone has a different opinion to you, may I suggest that you don't farking call them clueless??

I am also not in the habit of bagging a great player that has served our Club to his very best, on and off the field, in order to pump up a cretin like fevola

well said mate....but you should be aware that like attracks like.....we know fev is a cretin...and so is a certain poster who just happens to be trying to pump up the alcoholic's tyres...... :roll:

reincarnated

St Fidelius wrote:reincarnated....

Reincarnated is not bagging Luke Ball. Fevola is a cretin - agreed

It is common knowledge within the club and out - hell even the Herald Sun last year reported about the top 20 top earners in the league.

Reincarnated suggests he is not worth the money.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Anyone should be able to hit a target with a 15 metre chip kick, but he struggles with his disposal beyond that!

Ball is a midfielder who will be lucky to finish in our top 15 at the B&F, which really should be enough to put things into perspective!

If he has been on $600,000 that simply is way over and IMO $300,000 is what he is currently worth considering all the things that need to be considered.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

There is a whole world of NO in this thread

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:There is a whole world of NO in this thread

yes.... :wink: :lol:

Milton66
SS Life Member

I'm sure that Raph was also crying after the game... but people would love trade him. :roll:

Since when does crying after a game entitle you to a guaranteed place on the list?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:After seeing the emotion that Bally showed on GF day, I can't see him going. I'm sure his manager will be telling him that he's still worth $600k but on current output he isn't worth that to St Kilda.
That's when players leave. It's not a situation that comes up all that much, but if they're worth significantly more elsewhere then usually the move is on.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the best part of Carlton is their midfield.

their midfield nearly beat our midfield.

add luke ball to it and not only do you weaken our midfield but strengthen theirs.

bad move IMO.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!