Lets not forget those who travelled from afar

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I caught the train in from East Malvern :P

And I'm proud.

:wink:

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Wonderful thread Jiggster. (Yes, we got tickets). Like Kosifantutti I also made the trip TWICE this season, only from Berkeley, California. Came for the last three games and back again with my son for the GF.

That means I saw three loses and only one win. I was accused by many mates of having put the moz on the Saints but that can't be true. Can it?

Anyway, it was a long and somewhat sad trip back but going to the family day at Etihad helped come to terms with it all. We have a tremendous team and a wonderful group of supporters and we can all take heart from that.

Carna Saints!!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Amazing efforts by all involved...I enjoyed reading all your posts.

megs4#31
Club Player

great effort by everyone to get over here. Coming from north WA and getting two flights, was hard enough (man that red eye is a killer) so i can understand how you guys were feeling flying the whole way over. Awesome effort....just shows what dedication Saints supporters have :)

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

To John (SteveStevens66) I'm so glad that you obtained tickets. A bum result its true, however the boys became MEN, the supporters became a force to be reckoned with in finals...What a noise!!!! I'm only sorry that I was unable to catch up with my pals from the Forum and the MW.

I'm not TOO sure of the lyrics :? But a song has been playing in my noggin for the past six days..many of you will know it, called "bound for glory" sung by Angry Anderson...there's a line in the song that talks of "taking the pain, and making me stronger"...(sorry if I've got it wrong)
Now THATS what I feel now about our club!!!! I'm writing this and a tear is forming as I think of my pals like yourself and MarkInUSA who came SO far for the dream, and faced the L-O-N-G trip home empty handed but with your belief intact!!!!!

You folks are the absolute tops!!!!!! I salute you!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

from Adelaide,headed over to what was the best footy game ever seen live....as weve all heard,just unfortunate to be the one that got away :(.

already cant wait for next season n to see saints live again in our year for redemption :)

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
jmcp
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:Hi

Thanks for your kind words. I was very fortunate to meet lots of people from Saintsational. Great to be able to put faces to names - and also avatars! It is amazing how you get an image of someone from an avatar... or you remember an avatar more than the screenname. Anyway, it was lovely to meet so many of you.

Joe Dooley is a tremendous yonug man. He very kindly showed me around, took me to banner making, helped me get to the game, and so on. Having someone so generously help me plan a schedule, and making sure I wasn't completely lost, made an incredible impact.

It was lovely to meet people at the parade, at the banner making, and to go to the pub with a few of you (even if it was only briefly). Just really helped feel connected, and also I enjoyed sharing the pre-game excitement with you all.

I can't talk about the actual game yet.
i'd like to concur.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for your kind words. I was very fortunate to meet lots of people from Saintsational. Great to be able to put faces to names - and also avatars! It is amazing how you get an image of someone from an avatar... or you remember an avatar more than the screenname. Anyway, it was lovely to meet so many of you.

Joe Dooley is a tremendous yonug man. He very kindly showed me around, took me to banner making, helped me get to the game, and so on. Having someone so generously help me plan a schedule, and making sure I wasn't completely lost, made an incredible impact.

It was lovely to meet people at the parade, at the banner making, and to go to the pub with a few of you (even if it was only briefly). Just really helped feel connected, and also I enjoyed sharing the pre-game excitement with you all.

was good spending time with you.
like you, i dont want to talk about the game, but everyone in my street knows me as the saints fanatic and wants to know how i am. its fu*king horrible....i do alterate those words slightly but thats the message i try to get across to people.
the worst thing about losing a granny is people who dont know what its like to be there bagging you. ive got a richmond mate who finds it amusing that we lost, but i doubt at the age of 17 he even remembers the last time richmond made the finals let alone a grand final.
a freo supporter told me we are pathetic.....you gotta laugh at that :lol: coming from a freo fan.
collingwood fans are like a bunch of geese, laughing we lost when they lost to the same team by 13 goals just 7 days earlier.

life being a saints supporter really is hard, but hopefully one day it will all come to and end and we will win the bloody thing!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:

was good spending time with you.
like you, i dont want to talk about the game, but everyone in my street knows me as the saints fanatic and wants to know how i am. its fu*king horrible....i do alterate those words slightly but thats the message i try to get across to people.
the worst thing about losing a granny is people who dont know what its like to be there bagging you. ive got a richmond mate who finds it amusing that we lost, but i doubt at the age of 17 he even remembers the last time richmond made the finals let alone a grand final.
a freo supporter told me we are pathetic.....you gotta laugh at that :lol: coming from a freo fan.
collingwood fans are like a bunch of geese, laughing we lost when they lost to the same team by 13 goals just 7 days earlier.

life being a saints supporter really is hard, but hopefully one day it will all come to and end and we will win the bloody thing!
You are actually nationally recognised saints fanatic now Dooley, you made the headlines remember 8-)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

which he proudly showed us in the paper while stopping at the 7/11 on the way to the pub 8-)

Elvis
Club Player

Road Trip

We're back home on the Gold Coast now after the road haul down the Newell to the G and back. I met quite a few other Sainters on the way and passed a number of cars etc with members stickers both down and back.

All I want to say is that a two day drive home was great therapy to muse over the what ifs and if onlys.

I watched the replay for the first time last night. Ordinarily there are bits and pieces that I just can't remember about a game that I've seen live and then later on replay. Not this time. We rode the fence at M8 and also rode every bump, tackle and kick... it was just that sort of a game.

Reading these posts I'm wondering exactly what is the most obscure location anyone has tuned into a Saints game, either by radio or TV?