Fev Up for Trade - Nominates Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Fev at full forward ,Kosi to CHB....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :?

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Milton66
SS Life Member

Winmarvellous wrote:Just throwing it out there, but what if we could somehow pull off a 3 way trade with extras, bu the key personnel being Goose (CHB), Fevola (FF) and Roughead (FF). We get Roughie, Hawks get Fev, Carlton get Goose. That I'd go for in a heartbeat. I know I live in fantasy land, but what the hell. Let a man dream.
Yep, was thinking the same thing.

Hawks have a better 1st round pick, but they want Burgoyne. They have 2 good fwds already.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Milton66
SS Life Member

Sainterman wrote:
saintjake wrote:FEVOLA IS MILES AHEAD OF KOSI THIS YEAR!
some of you said "how good Kosi was before he hurt his hand"
Fev is ahead of Kosi in every stat apart from handballs.

FEVOLA-
Kicks 251 Tackles 50
Handballs 46 Goals 89
Disposal 297 Behinds 57
Disposal Efficiency 58% Score Assists 21
Contested Possessions 131 Time on ground 97% (23 Matches)
Uncontested Possessions 161 Super coach 2152 pts (30th)

KOSI-
Kicks 185 Tackles 30
Handballs 65 Goals 48
Disposal 250 Behinds 30
Disposal Efficiency 67% Score Assists 13
Contested Possessions 112 Time on ground 87% (23 Matches)
Uncontested Possessions 135 Super coach 1690 pts (133rd)

More Kicks
more TACKLES!
more goals
more disposals
more behinds
more score assists
more contested possessions
more uncontested possessions

i would take FEV anyday
I am all for Fev at the Saints for the right price, but that price is not Kosi IMO.

Whilst all the stats are fantastic, you can't make that simple a comparison.

Fev is basically the lone ranger in the Carlton forward line, he is their go to man, and is fed almost exclusively.

Can you provide a stat on the number of times inside 50's were directed at Fev as opposed to the number of times they were directed at Kosi. I would imagine Judd, Murphy and Gibbs were looking for him at every opportunity. Kosi shares the forward line with Roo and doesnt get the same supply. I just don't think the stats are an apples for apples comparison.
Fev is a marquee FF.

On the other hand, I reckon Kosi is one of those players where you say "Ok where's the best place to put him".

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

So for all of you who want Fev, who else are you prepared to cut loose in order to fit him in the salary cap, because we would have to let go a couple of good players for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

3rd generation saint wrote:So for all of you who want Fev, who else are you prepared to cut loose in order to fit him in the salary cap, because we would have to let go a couple of good players for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much does Max Free up?

Also, assuming Ball stays he would have to give up $250,000 imo...Plus Carlton will have to pay part of his salary for the next 2 years

xander
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:So for all of you who want Fev, who else are you prepared to cut loose in order to fit him in the salary cap, because we would have to let go a couple of good players for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much does Max Free up?

Also, assuming Ball stays he would have to give up $250,000 imo...Plus Carlton will have to pay part of his salary for the next 2 years
I don't think Max frees much up since he's on the veterans list.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Raph, Eddy, Dempster, Milne, Gwilt. That should be enough. 8-)

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

We still won't have room in the cap, we would have to simply let 1 or 2 players go to fit him in.
But to be honest, you guys can't be serious about this clown, he would be a disaster, he's just one more misdeamaner away from doing time, or killing someone or himself in car accident because he's drunk to much.
The guy is a massive liability, not worth the money, that's why there is no mad rush from any of the other 14 clubs after him, he has burnt too many bridges.
In my opinion, Carlton may just have to keep him, or pay him out his contract.
As I said, remember defending Spider, listen to the Carlton supporters trying to defend him on the radio, saying he deserves another chance, he's had at least 1/2 dozen chances.
Until the guy comes out and admits he's an alcoholic, which he is, then joins a group to help him over come it, he's a lost cause.
The only reason he's gotten away with what he's done is because he kicks goal on the football field, anybody else had done what he's done, they would have done time, be unemployed and you'd probably pass them on the street, because that's where they'd probably be living.
Not interested, not worth it, not even worth pursuing, there are better ways to improve ourselves and one player is not the solution.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
mustangjack
Club Player

Ross just bloody pick him up please, but not at the expence of kosi, I reckon kosie's next year will be a beauty, if the big boy is really hurting from this GF LOOK OUT. PS Fev is not an alcoholic he's a binge, weekend drinker which can be fixed quite easily.
Last edited by mustangjack on Wed 30 Sep 2009 11:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Until the guy comes out and admits he's an alcoholic, which he is, then joins a group to help him over come it, he's a lost cause.
With all due respect to Brendan, whilst he may ba a ratbag who cant hold his drink, an alcoholic he isnt.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

He is a binge drinker like about 30 % of the population :shock:

Me ...I'm just a social drinker.....

With a large circle of friends :oops: :wink:

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Sam23
SS Life Member

saint patrick wrote:Fev at full forward ,Kosi to CHB....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :?
lol kosi at chb?

his as slow as paint drying.

I'd trade Kosi and pick 17 for Fev.

The facts are Kosi kicks under 2 goals a game (or around that) with one of the most dominant midfields and the most dominant team in the year.

Fev kicked around 4 goals a game?

He is a much better player and could maybe take us to the next step.

Spare me 'oh but the culture' s***. We heard it all before with Gardiner and it turned out fine. When a player knows his on his last legs, his gonna pull his socks up.

Make it happen.

Goddard.
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Sam23 wrote:
lol kosi at chb?

The facts are Kosi kicks under 2 goals a game (or around that) with one of the most dominant midfields and the most dominant team in the year.

Spare me 'oh but the culture' s***. We heard it all before with Gardiner and it turned out fine. When a player knows his on his last legs, his gonna pull his socks up.

Make it happen.
First thing is first:

what are you gonna trade to get pick 17?

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

You may be right about Kosi's speed at CHB...Still as fast as most ruckman and a more than handy player to swing forward[With Fev] to give Roo a run on the ball.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

First time Ive seen the news, Im in shock to say the least. I want Fev as he is a star FF. If we had Fev, teams would have a hard time triple teaming Roo and controling Fev. Also think Fev is better at ground level than Kosi.

However, I'm quite sentimental and loyal. Losing Kosi would hurt a lot, would hate to see him go. Probably why I would never be a good coach with all these tough decisions. All we know is Ross will make that tough decision, he did it with Max, and he will do it again if he feels that is what is best for the team, and the club to win our next premiership.

mustangjack
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:He is a binge drinker like about 30 % of the population :shock:

Me ...I'm just a social drinker.....i know what you mean patty if only we, i mean they knew when to stop lol

With a large circle of friends :oops: :wink:
Last edited by mustangjack on Wed 30 Sep 2009 11:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sam23
SS Life Member

#1GILL wrote:
Sam23 wrote:
lol kosi at chb?

Make it happen.
First thing is first:

whatever pick we have around there.

Goddard.
PJ
SS Life Member

Then they could still pick up Hall and have Fev at FF and Hall at CHF.
Wow ....imagine that - a publicist's absolute nightmare. While one's punching the lights out of the opposition the other's drinking the profits. Sounds like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid - the wild western bullies.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I have been thinking about it, and I still don't like the idea at all...

We were practically a kick away from a premiership, we have no need for an overpriced, misbehaved, coleman medallist.

Also, he kicks bags on a lesser opponent, but I see no evidence of him peforming against the better full backs in the comp....so how is he better come finals time?

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:I have been thinking about it, and I still don't like the idea at all...

We were practically a kick away from a premiership, we have no need for an overpriced, misbehaved, coleman medallist.

Also, he kicks bags on a lesser opponent, but I see no evidence of him peforming against the better full backs in the comp....so how is he better come finals time?
Think of the pressure taken off Roo!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
SainterK wrote:I have been thinking about it, and I still don't like the idea at all...

Silly as it sounds, Roo lives on pressure....eats it for breakfast....but that's another story.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
#1GILL wrote:

Silly as it sounds, Roo lives on pressure....eats it for breakfast....but that's another story.
By pressure i mean having 3 players on him in a marking contest as seen many times in the GF

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
#1GILL wrote:

Think of the pressure taken off Kosi.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
mustangjack
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
Sam23 wrote:
lol kosi at chb?

Make it happen.
First thing is first:

whatever pick we have around there.
something wrong with a few heads around here. Kosi doesnt get a chance to kick goals as everyone looks for nick, does that mean FEV will crack the s***s playing 2nd fiddle

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
#1GILL wrote:

Nothing to do with pressure in respect to performance, it is in regards to the amount of players he has on him each and every time he plays. Who do you think the opposition would be more inclined to man up on? Roo or Fev? Would pose headaches for opposition coaches and then you throw Kosi into the mix......:twisted: :twisted:

Fortius Quo Fidelius