Fev Up for Trade - Nominates Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The heraldsun has already changed the headling to "dumped" instead of "sacked"

And Fev's statement "IF this is to be the end of my time at Carlton, I want to thank the Blues fans for their magnificent support over 11 years. You’ve meant more to me than I perhaps realised - until now"

Fishy, IMO

mullet
Saintsational Legend

With Fev in forward line, Roo can move up the ground a bit, will take a thousand marks for the year and will win a brownlow :D

xander
Club Player

SainterK wrote:The heraldsun has already changed the headling to "dumped" instead of "sacked"

And Fev's statement "IF this is to be the end of my time at Carlton, I want to thank the Blues fans for their magnificent support over 11 years. You’ve meant more to me than I perhaps realised - until now"

Fishy, IMO
I still don't think he will leave. They will be unable to get a satisfactory trade done and thus be forced to keep him.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

fox sports news now
just said carlton have announced he is up for trade
really thats all that has been announced
he commented from holiday with his family, said he realises its off field issues by his own doing that is the reason it has come to this.
also said he is still disappointed with himself ten days out from the incident

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:
fingers wrote:Why wouldnt you not re-sign King and let Kosi play in the ruck with Gardi and McEvoy. Fev to FF, Roo to CHF?

** unlike many other posts this is a serious question **
Kosi has been tried in the ruck and shown that he aint no ruckman. Pinch hits there at best.
He's very good around the ground but not at centre bounces.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

"I am disappointed by the Carlton decision today but I am committed to the future rather than the past," he said.

"I will await with interest the outcome of trade week and will focus solely on the challenges and opportunities ahead.

"I am committed not just to being the very best player I can be but also to rectifying off-field issues.

"I acknowledge that this is largely of my own doing, I remain remorseful for the events of the past 10 days and once again apologise to those people I have let down - especially family and friends.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/blogarticle/ ... fault.aspx

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
st.byron wrote:
fingers wrote:Why wouldnt you not re-sign King and let Kosi play in the ruck with Gardi and McEvoy. Fev to FF, Roo to CHF?

** unlike many other posts this is a serious question **
Kosi has been tried in the ruck and shown that he aint no ruckman. Pinch hits there at best.
He's very good around the ground but not at centre bounces.
Fair enough

mullet
Saintsational Legend

xander wrote:
SainterK wrote:The heraldsun has already changed the headling to "dumped" instead of "sacked"

Fishy, IMO
I still don't think he will leave. They will be unable to get a satisfactory trade done and thus be forced to keep him.
Dont agree. Fev knew this was gonna happen, thats why he is on the gold coast and not on the trip with the players. He thanks the fans, not the guys he played with :shock: He is gone from Carlton for good. Got a house on the Gold Coast for weeks according to HS. Out of town cos he is trying to get away from media.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Roo playing the 'Richo role" with Fev kicking 120 and Kosi 70, that should do it.

Plus Roo will finally win the brownlow he has always deserved

bozza1980
Club Player

If we are his nominated club we would be negligent if we didn't investigate the option.

Just like everything though it would be dependent on if a deal could be done to please both parties.

Both clubs would have a view beyond the trade itself (maybe Maguire and a pick) both clubs would have views on his sizeable contract.

Forgetting all of those hurdles he would be a super addition.

ace
Saintsational Legend

The sad thing about Kosi is he cant play with anybody else.

He can't even play with Riewoldt, often running to the same space or contest as Riewoldt and bringing his opponent into the space or contest with him.

He just isn't smart enough to provide a second target elsewhere.
He just goes for the ball.

If Kosi can't play with Riewoldt he certainly wont be able to play with both Riewoldt and Fevola.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If we had to dump Kosi and Bally to get Fev.....it may be worth it.

Fev could be the difference ultimately.

Can't see him coming to us easily - the cheats will make it hard, that's how cheats work!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:Roo playing the 'Richo role" with Fev kicking 120 and Kosi 70, that should do it.

Plus Roo will finally win the brownlow he has always deserved
But that's the whole point, we won't be able to afford all three....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

depends on fev
my guess is he will chase money
eddie will work something out :roll:

mullet
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:depends on fev
my guess is he will chase money
eddie will work something out :roll:
Fev is a lot of things, but I wouldnt think he was money hungry. Sure he probably has plenty but not sure if that would be his driving force.

I just have a gut feeling that he would give up a bit to play with the saints, cos he isnt real bright.

S.A Saint
Club Player

ace wrote:The sad thing about Kosi is he cant play with anybody else.

He can't even play with Riewoldt, often running to the same space or contest as Riewoldt and bringing his opponent into the space or contest with him.

If Kosi can't play with Riewoldt he certainly wont be able to play with both Riewoldt and Fevola.
i agree with you in regards to kosi..however if we moved roo to play on the wing and occasionally working his way into the forward line it could work...remember kosi currently plays ff and you are right he only goes for the ball and doesn't care who is around him...that means that roo is always in front as he plays chf and are usually clashing into each other...BUT if we use kosi at chf he would not be able to get in the way of fev as he would be in front and fev would be able to lead away from kosi...

remember he is 29 and carlton do not have the upper hand in this trade..i would go with our second round pick and a player maybe goose for fev and their 3rd round...or goose and our first round for fev and their second....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

lol
well if he really did have a soft spot from when he was younger he wont chase
come out and say it fev
say: i want to fulfill a childhood dream and play for the saints.
then ill start to believe that its possible he would get here

xander
Club Player

S.A Saint wrote:

i agree with you in regards to kosi..however if we moved roo to play on the wing and occasionally working his way into the forward line it could work...remember kosi currently plays ff and you are right he only goes for the ball and doesn't care who is around him...that means that roo is always in front as he plays chf and are usually clashing into each other...BUT if we use kosi at chf he would not be able to get in the way of fev as he would be in front and fev would be able to lead away from kosi...

remember he is 29 and carlton do not have the upper hand in this trade..i would go with our second round pick and a player maybe goose for fev and their 3rd round...or goose and our first round for fev and their second....
well they kinda do have the upper hand. He is contracted for a huge amount and he can't walk out. If we offered either of those for fev i think they would probably laugh at us

reincarnated

Thinline wrote:That f**ker comes near Moorabbin and they'll be down my membership.

I feel that strongly.

Spare the 'off your high horse' responses. I'm entitled to the view.

Fact is our existing core have worked their rings off to build a winning, professional culture. I don't want anything coming in to f*** that all up.

Besides we got f*** all out that other Carlton mercenary A Hamill.

Just say no.
Reincarnated states that you are entitled to your view however a few points.

One deadshit of a footballer (i.e. Fevola) coming into our club will not ruin our professionalism. If one deadshiit of a footballer (i.e. Fevola) comes here and does wreck our professionalism then we were not very professional and serious to begin.

The club still needs your membership. One player albeit a deadshit hopefully does not change this. We have player)s) who have had alledged dealings with criminals on our list however the certain individual(s) are accepted now.

Take a deep breath mate. Chances are he will not be coming here and will stay a Blue

backit
Club Player

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Fev has been axed by Carlton so where to now for Fev? Yes he is a tool but he can play football, does St Kilda need him? Yes and no, he could be a worthy addition to our structure and could easily fall into the players commitment to each other and the club, he may surprise people by making a commitment to play and behave. A change of enviroment does work for a lot of people, Fevola could be a case for that or again he could be an exception to it also.

I like him as a footballer, some of his antics are harmless, others are over the top and have got him to where he is today.

Could he play for St Kilda next year? Next week we will find out.

There are lots of if's, buts and maybe's before Fevola lands at another club it could be us and I wouldn't be dissapointed if it was because for all his personal faults he has football ability that could be channelled into making him a better player and person at our club.

I am sure there is going to be lots of disagreements on Fev but it is the club that makes the final decision so we will wait and see.

reincarnated

Reincarnated notices the bulls*** about Kosi not being able to lead away from Riewoldt and into Riewoldt's space. What a crock. Kosi played deep as this year and did a great job whilst Riewoldt as a little higher.

Do not let a few poorer games cloud your views on what was a 50 goal season for Kosi.

Sheesh some supporters have short memories. They complain about the media getting it wrong. Clean up your own backyard Kosi had a great year

S.A Saint
Club Player

xander wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:

well they kinda do have the upper hand. He is contracted for a huge amount and he can't walk out. If we offered either of those for fev i think they would probably laugh at us
if the deal gets done im sure they will pay half and the other club would pay half.....its just a matter of getting the right club and the pick...our first rounder and goose wouldnt be all that bad...will allow them to have goose in defence which they would then move jarred waite into the forward line with kruezer....

BelfastSaint
Club Player

What positions did Roo and Kosi play when we had Gehrig in the forward line ...

mullet
Saintsational Legend

backit wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Fev has been axed by Carlton so where to now for Fev? Yes he is a tool but he can play football, does St Kilda need him? Yes and no, he could be a worthy addition to our structure and could easily fall into the players commitment to each other and the club, he may surprise people by making a commitment to play and behave. A change of enviroment does work for a lot of people, Fevola could be a case for that or again he could be an exception to it also.

I like him as a footballer, some of his antics are harmless, others are over the top and have got him to where he is today.

Could he play for St Kilda next year? Next week we will find out.

There are lots of if's, buts and maybe's before Fevola lands at another club it could be us and I wouldn't be dissapointed if it was because for all his personal faults he has football ability that could be channelled into making him a better player and person at our club.

I am sure there is going to be lots of disagreements on Fev but it is the club that makes the final decision so we will wait and see.
Where is the fun in just waiting and seeing :shock: That post is far too logical. I am waiting for the "my best friends mothers brother is Fev's gardiner and he reckons..... posts :wink:

And I love all the speculation it is the first thinkg that has taken my mind off last Saturday :cry: :cry:

S.A Saint
Club Player

reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated notices the bulls*** about Kosi not being able to lead away from Riewoldt and into Riewoldt's space. What a crock. Kosi played deep as this year and did a great job whilst Riewoldt as a little higher.

Do not let a few poorer games cloud your views on what was a 50 goal season for Kosi.

Sheesh some supporters have short memories. They complain about the media getting it wrong. Clean up your own backyard Kosi had a great year
No1 is saying kosi had a bad year..in fact it was one of his better ones....its just pretty obvious that on occasions they get in each others way when the ball is kicked into the forward line..usually when its bombed...the main reason for this is that roo cannot see kosi as kosi plays behind him and with kosi he only has eyes for the ball and on a number off occasions have cleaned each other up and spoiled each other....