only 1 question, why no change made

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:The thing is that if he made some changes, and we still lost... people would be on here moaning about why did we change a set-up that had served us so well.

It's over, we lost... no point looking at the what ifs... won't change shyte about the result.

Geeelong had us in the last quarter. Had we had a buffer on the scoreboard it might have been different. But we didn't.

Bring on 2010, and tell Harry to F*** off until next year. :lol:
Milton seriously might be best if you frk off till next year.

I mean some of us like to talk footy - the what ifs, the couldve beens, the thinsg that worked and those that didnt. Its our right and it may just be a way for many to cope with what was a very dissappointing result that hasnt happened in our history to often.

Sure if you feel its a waste of your time - go open another glib thread about you and how your winning SS friends and leave this one alone.

I find your condescending attitude pathetic.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Why would Gardiner have suddenly taken a mark in the goal square, when he didn't take a mark all day? In fact, King was the only one of the 4 ruckman to take a mark of any kind.

That's 4 big guys, and only one mark in 4 quarters of footy.

It just wasn't a day for the big guys...

Milton66
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
Milton66 wrote:The thing is that if he made some changes, and we still lost... people would be on here moaning about why did we change a set-up that had served us so well.

It's over, we lost... no point looking at the what ifs... won't change shyte about the result.

Geeelong had us in the last quarter. Had we had a buffer on the scoreboard it might have been different. But we didn't.

I mean some of us like to talk footy - the what ifs, the couldve beens, the thinsg that worked and those that didnt. Its our right and it may just be a way for many to cope with what was a very dissappointing result that hasnt happened in our history to often.

Sure if you feel its a waste of your time - go open another glib thread about you and how your winning SS friends and leave this one alone.

Is that you Harry? :D

Read the post again, because obviously you didn't.

Once again, you're in there with the personal abuse. :roll:

Maybe he should have put Cousins in the fwd pocket??

Feel free to navel gaze. I was just stating my opinion, as I am entitled.

I prefer to look fwd, and not in the rear view mirror. If you feel it's w aste of time, then don't read my posts.

Yet for some reason, you seem to want to start abusing people who disagree with you.

Sad, very sad.
Last edited by Milton66 on Tue 29 Sep 2009 10:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
The darkness
Club Player

Thing is ...we lost it
If we dont all suck it up and look as to why we lost and to how we could of won it( forget the missed shots the game was up for grabs at the death ) then we will get freakin no where.
I'll take any comment aimed at me on the chin...because its all good for everyone.
Armchair analyst, hindsight harry...or just an average bloke with a few questions as to why we lost.
Im hurting, your hurting blah freakin blah...suck it up and move on ...next season will be upon us before you know it and teams have already got a head start so if we do want to take the next step trawl through the game with a fine tooth comb and pick out every freakin thing that went wrong , because things did and then work and learn from them...if not, sook about missed shots, decisions that werent paid and rain that fell too hard for the next 6 months..But dont knock blokes for wanting to find answers and opinions as to why we lost the unloosable...Because the dirty fact that people will try to stuff in the closet is we did lose..Lets Learn from it.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Yet for some reason, you seem to want to start abusing people who disagree with you.

Sad, very sad.
Oh good - at least we got a response that wasnt about you telling all of us that we are "naval gazers" and how we are "hindsight harrys" and that we should all move on cause you have..... :roll: well done Dr Phil.

Refreshing.

BTW - I didnt insult you - I think "harry" has right of reply.....

“Yeah….nah””
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
mbogo wrote:Before anything is dissected you would need to know what moves were actually made, rather than assuming that there were none.
It was probably a fair assumption that if we put it up there enough that someone would mark or snare one off the pack and the pressure that would cause would give us an advantage.
Weather had cleared a bit by then.
Very easy in retrospect.
Armchair analysts :roll:
Lyon has put his hand up for making an error. He directed us to bomg it long, and he feels he erred in doing so.

In hindsight he was wrong.

He coached incredibly well all day, and really gave us every chance to win.

However he panicked in the last quarter, and in my opinion tried one too many times to use our 'get out of jail free card' - kick it to Roo.
You can call him Harry, thank you.

I don't think anyone is really truly having a go at Ross Lyon. I think he is a Saintsational coach and we did play really well. People are just offering their opinion and we are all armchair critics.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

The darkness wrote:Thing is ...we lost it
If we dont all suck it up and look as to why we lost and to how we could of won it( forget the missed shots the game was up for grabs at the death ) then we will get freakin no where.
I'll take any comment aimed at me on the chin...because its all good for everyone.
Armchair analyst, hindsight harry...or just an average bloke with a few questions as to why we lost.
Im hurting, your hurting blah freakin blah...suck it up and move on ...next season will be upon us before you know it and teams have already got a head start so if we do want to take the next step trawl through the game with a fine tooth comb and pick out every freakin thing that went wrong , because things did and then work and learn from them...if not, sook about missed shots, decisions that werent paid and rain that fell too hard for the next 6 months..But dont knock blokes for wanting to find answers and opinions as to why we lost the unloosable...Because the dirty fact that people will try to stuff in the closet is we did lose..Lets Learn from it.
100% spot on.

And if it makes anyone feel better - go for it.

Ioften read some great footy insight on this board - some people have excellent analysis of things I miss. Its why I like to come here to talk footy.

To be "told" we cant is dribble.

“Yeah….nah””
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Who was on the bench in the last?
Maybe Luke Ball into the pocket in that competitive mix instead of Milney?
I think Luke finished on the bench ... which I find a bit disturbing.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Milton66
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Sad, very sad.
Oh good - at least we got a response that wasnt about you telling all of us that we are "naval gazers" and how we are "hindsight harrys" and that we should all move on cause you have..... :roll: well done Dr Phil.

Refreshing.

BTW - I didnt insult you - I think "harry" has right of reply.....
Well that's where you're being a touch paranoid and melodramatic.

I wasn't pointing the Harry comment at you.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:Who was on the bench in the last?
Maybe Luke Ball into the pocket in that competitive mix instead of Milney?
I think Luke finished on the bench ... which I find a bit disturbing.
Actually thats a question Id love to know........Luke Balls stats for 50 odd % of the game were impressive.....Ive since read Cats fans comments saying how glad they were he sat on the pine.....why?

Ok we have heard its cause he lacks run - he has his whole career but I truly thought Sat was a day made for him and he looked good in there to me.....

It cant be injury - would Ross have taken in an injured player to manage?

Hayes got sat on in the second half.......Dal had 17 touches for the game......I honestly wouldve thought Ball was 1 mid they wouldnt be counting on turining it on......

Love to know why he got so little time.......

“Yeah….nah””
matrix
Saintsational Legend