Another hard task to do...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Maxstar22
Club Player

Another hard task to do...

Taking down all the posters, streamers and other decorations that I put up last week. Again I was in tears doing it. Not only did I struggle pulling them down, but I also don't know what to do with them. Do I save them for next year? Do I put them in the bin?

Also, just put some washing on and there lying in the pile was my tear and beer soaked Saints jumper :cry:

Maybe it seems silly and trivial to some but it is part of my grieving process. I'm sure everyone else has had some sort of similar experience.

emma
Club Player

I got home yesterday and all of my decorations had been taken down for me- balloons, posters, streamers, the lot. Am grateful because like you Maxstar, i think i would have struggled.
Whatever was leftover have gone in the cupboard for next year because we WILL need them again.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Mine are still up. I might take them down around Wednesday. Its partly that I feel disloyal taking them down, and living here in Geelong partly an act of defiance. Sort of feels like I'm saying stuff the lot of you!

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Why are you taking them down? Do you get rid of Xmas decorations on Boxing Day? I wore all black today but with my red white & black shoes. All my Saints stuff is still on my desk & will stay there until I leave the company in about 20 years time. :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Haven't taken my window decorations down, no way...wouldn't give the geelong supporters next door the satisfaction.

SaintDebi
Club Player

snoopygirl wrote:Why are you taking them down? Do you get rid of Xmas decorations on Boxing Day? I wore all black today but with my red white & black shoes. All my Saints stuff is still on my desk & will stay there until I leave the company in about 20 years time. :lol:
I've got a lot of stuff that stays up snoopygirl, but the loungeroom is pretty dark with the windows covered in posters! :shock: Need to save on the electricity so I can afford my 2010 memberships!

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Fair enough SaintDebi. You're excused. :D

Maxstar22
Club Player

Snoops - I don't put up Xmas decorations :P

All my Saints stuff at work will stay up as per usual. In fact I still have 2008 up as I thought it might be bad luck to put 2009 up while we were doing so well.

And I live in constant Stkilda colours. Couch is red, coffee table and tv unit black and blinds and walls white 8-)

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

You have redeemed yourself. :wink:

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

i'm leaving my saints stuff up all year - will add a bit of green at xmas! :wink:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Yep..my Go Saints poster at work is still where I put it last week..and it stays there til I decide I want to take it down

I noticed earlier this morning that a Saints workmates desk was draped with a Paul Chapman poster. He never saw it...I removed it and hurled it in the bin after ripping it into 1000 pieces. Didnt give a stuff whose property it was either..felt kinda good :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Yep..my Go Saints poster at work is still where I put it last week..and it stays there til I decide I want to take it down

I noticed earlier this morning that a Saints workmates desk was draped with a Paul Chapman poster. He never saw it...I removed it and hurled it in the bin after ripping it into 1000 pieces. Didnt give a stuff whose property it was either..felt kinda good :-)
Are you the number one suspect? :wink:

emma
Club Player

Snoopygirl- my decorations took over the whole front yard of the house but with the downpour and hail the paper decorations ripped and lost dye. Also instead of the balloon bannisters i was pretty much left with bunches of red, white and black rubber hanging from strings!
Like i said, what was salvaged has been kept plus inside decorations stay like always in pride of place, plastered all over the walls!
Redemption, please?! :lol:

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Oh yes, you're redeemed. Can't have Saints stuff looking tattered & torn.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i dont decorate
i just wear the colours every single day somehow someway

its just one day rolling into another for me 8-)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
saint66au wrote:Yep..my Go Saints poster at work is still where I put it last week..and it stays there til I decide I want to take it down

Care factor?

Anyone who puts Cats rubbish around deserves to get a serve if it's within eyeshot of any Saints fan!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Care factor?

Anyone who puts Cats rubbish around deserves to get a serve if it's within eyeshot of any Saints fan!
Of course 8-)

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Posters, balloons, flags, streamers remain firmly in place. Don't give a toss what anyone says, I will move them when I am good and ready and I just ain't there yet!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

theres still flags flying on the roof at a certain place
good work boyz 8-)