A Bittersweet Realisation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ttufc7
Club Player

A Bittersweet Realisation

Watching One week at a time before I saw a highlights package of saturdays game set to the song Fix you by Coldplay

Don't know who else saw it but it contains a variety of different footage in slow mo. Chapmans goal,Geelong players celebrating,Our boys in tears after the siren ect.

I had seen the same package before it was the first thing i saw when i got home from the game and turned the tv on. After 2 hours of driving home feeling completely numb and unable to talk seeing it set me off and i started crying uncontrollably alone in my loungeroom.

But seeing it today I had this bittersweet realisation that the amount of hurt I have been feeling since that final siren went on saturday just proves how much I love the St.Kilda football club. The players, my fellow supporters everything about it and it makes me happy to know that something can affect me so much and make me feel such strong emotions.

I will be there round 1 next year paid up ready to do it all again and I will not regret it for one second!

Go Saints!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

for those ( me ) who missed One week at time- repaly this week is 1 am tomorrow-

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

when i got home from the game and turned the tv on
I reckon the amount of people from here who did that could be counted on the fingers of both..or even one ..hand

I admit to flicking through Sundays Age but being very selective what I read...but that was after returning home from the "wake" and my head being in a slightly better place

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:for those ( me ) who missed One week at time- repaly this week is 1 am tomorrow-
1.07 to be exact, and who won't be up to watch it?

Well, if you ain't, don't worry, it's on again at 5.30am or better still, just set the thingo.

ttufc7
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
when i got home from the game and turned the tv on
I reckon the amount of people from here who did that could be counted on the fingers of both..or even one ..hand

I admit to flicking through Sundays Age but being very selective what I read...but that was after returning home from the "wake" and my head being in a slightly better place
Yeah dont know why i did. Probably helped me to release what i was feeling though. I was walking around like a zombie before that

matrix
Saintsational Legend

havent see anything
only 20 secs on a news highlights when they showed the final siren go and geelong happy and our boys pretty friggin cut
i saw bally on the bench and had to look away from the screen

after the game i sat for a while and after hearing the cats song for what felt like the 39th time i walked up the aisle i found Solar just leaning on the fence with his back to the ground, head down...he was cut as
i lost it, i grabbed him and we hugged, both just devastated

ill never forget that moment, someone i barely know, (just had a few beers and a chat with)

but shesh we both were as one just for that second
horrible feeling
cant even think about it now without feeling sad

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

They had a thing on ch7 last night,not sure what show? Had camera's with Molly and showed his reaction's to each bit of play. The camera on Molly in the last minute or so was disturbing and massively sad. i had to walk away.
He didn't break down or anything,he just looked shocked and lost as he got up and slowly walked away.

Bring back the Lockett era
bigred
Saintsational Legend

This sucks balls.

Seriously.

What a s*** of a thing it is to lose a GF.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
mick13
Club Player

I made a really drunken post on BF saying I hate the fact that I love this club so much...

So true isn't it.

I hate when people say it's just a game, cos ITS NOT JUST A FKN GAME!

:(

agreco
Club Player

seriously guys stay away from the tv it is jsut being scukers for punishment. The saints will not get over this for a long time trust me. And my hopes are nowhere near year, sooo much has to go right to make a grand final.

opportunity lost

time to dust of the 66 tapes for another 12 years.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

agreco wrote:seriously guys stay away from the tv it is jsut being scukers for punishment. The saints will not get over this for a long time trust me. And my hopes are nowhere near year, sooo much has to go right to make a grand final.

opportunity lost

time to dust of the 66 tapes for another 12 years.
Doesn't even warrant a reply. You are a troll. As I have told you previously, crawl back in your hole mate. Your type isn't wanted here. A Saints supporter you certainly are not.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
agreco
Club Player

ha i bet you were thinking next year in 97 buddy, like i said truth hurts i am not going to take another 12 years to realise it though.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Internet hero.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

agreco wrote:ha i bet you were thinking next year in 97 buddy, like i said truth hurts i am not going to take another 12 years to realise it though.
I am not your 'buddy' so don't refer to me as one. If you actually had the ability to post something of substance, you may warrant a decent reply. As I said, crawl back in your hole. Your not wanted or welcome around here.

Fortius Quo Fidelius