Andrew Lovett

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Andrew Lovett

So apparently the rumour is Essendon are considering trading him.

Yay or nay?

And if yay, who do we trade for him?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintnick12
Club Player

I say yes - trade for our first round draft pick ...not sure if that would be enough. We have a lot of good young players and have to make sure we get something that adds to our chances of winning the flag next year with this current group.

ThomasR
Club Player

Not a chance

Moods
Saintsational Legend

NO WAY. He's a sook who goes missing when the heat is really applied - see the elim final this year where he was embarrassingly bad. Wants 500k a year which is ridiculous. He's also an undisciplined twat who has had one half decent year out of about 5 and refuses to pull his head in off field.

Has no heart, and is exactly NOT what our great club needs. Sure he's got pace, but a few more qualities please.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Moods wrote:NO WAY. He's a sook who goes missing when the heat is really applied - see the elim final this year where he was embarrassingly bad. Wants 500k a year which is ridiculous. He's also an undisciplined twat who has had one half decent year out of about 5 and refuses to pull his head in off field.

Has no heart, and is exactly NOT what our great club needs. Sure he's got pace, but a few more qualities please.
Tell us what you really think next time...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If only he put as much effort into his footy as he did his MJ moves :wink:

bozza1980
Club Player

For the right price, yes.

Not sure what the right price is mind you.

xander
Club Player

Re: Andrew Lovett

Sainternist wrote:So apparently the rumour is Essendon are considering trading him.

Yay or nay?

And if yay, who do we trade for him?
I wouldn't want to give our 1st rounder away but i'm not sure what else Essendon would want they we would give. If we could get him for anything less than i would take it in an instant.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Matty Lloyd just endorsed him. Reckins he'd be a good fit. Not as high maint as some would believe.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:Matty Lloyd just endorsed him. Reckins he'd be a good fit. Not as high maint as some would believe.
I flicked over and WWAAT was on, and though I didn't want to watch it, I was strangely compelled too...

I have walked away since, when Robert Walls had a go at Roo for trying to take chest marks in the wet....and then defended the goal umpire :x

What was I thinking!!!!
Last edited by SainterK on Mon 28 Sep 2009 9:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Lovett is a gun - at least he seemed that way when we played them this year - would be a brilliant pickup.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Milton66
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
Milton66 wrote:Matty Lloyd just endorsed him. Reckins he'd be a good fit. Not as high maint as some would believe.
I flicked over and WWAAT was on, and though I didn't want to watch it, I was strangely compelled too...

I have walked away since, when Robert Walls had a go at Roo for trying to take chest marks in the wet....and then defended the goal umpire :x

What was I thinking!!!!
I think the point about the chest marks is spot on. Very hard for small fwds if he goes for chest marks. At least with overheads, you can create more opportunities.

No doubt Nick will work on it.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Height: 183cm
Weight: 74kg
Date of birth: 11/11/1982
AFL debut: 2005
Essendon debut: 2005
Total AFL Games: 88
Total EFC Games: 88
Total Goals: 93
Previous Club(s): East Perth (WA)
Recruited From: 2004 Rookie Draft, selection 42

YEAR GAMES KICKS HANDBALLS MARKS GOALS BROWNLOW VOTES
2009 22 292 167 74 21 0
2008 17 204 106 73 14 2
2007 16 182 90 86 16 0
2006 13 131 68 61 17 2
2005 20 189 95 78 25 0
Has off field baggage.

Has pace. Kicks goals.

defensive side?

I'm not sold.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Milton66
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:
Height: 183cm
Weight: 74kg
Date of birth: 11/11/1982
AFL debut: 2005
Essendon debut: 2005
Total AFL Games: 88
Total EFC Games: 88
Total Goals: 93
Previous Club(s): East Perth (WA)
Recruited From: 2004 Rookie Draft, selection 42

YEAR GAMES KICKS HANDBALLS MARKS GOALS BROWNLOW VOTES
2009 22 292 167 74 21 0
2008 17 204 106 73 14 2
2007 16 182 90 86 16 0
2006 13 131 68 61 17 2
2005 20 189 95 78 25 0
Has off field baggage.

Has pace. Kicks goals.

defensive side?

I'm not sold.
Nothing that a tune-up and few mechanical modifications from Ross the mechanic won't fix. :D

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

What was I thinking!!!!
I think the point about the chest marks is spot on. Very hard for small fwds if he goes for chest marks. At least with overheads, you can create more opportunities.

But in those conditions?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

So not in the RL mould. Wallace would call him a downhill skiier. Lyon likes them tough, selfless, malleable and reliable.

Lovett, IMO, is none of those things.

He's a fast, selfish squib with an apparent penchant for disco biscuits.

Not a hope in hell of so much as interview with our Ross.

I'd have a good look at McKinley. Or is he a bit cumbersome?

Not convinced we need to trade for the forward role unless we could get O'Keefe for nothing too extravagent. Alternatively we need to get some games into Lynch and/or somehow turn Gwilty into the player he can and should be and/or have a look at X Clarke post rehab. Never know. He might - and I emphasise might - be a player again.

Kane Tenace?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

well i wanted him last year and nothing much has changed. hed be a good fit. i dont reckon wed have to give much him cos most other clubs would not be interested and it appears his days are done at essendon. so i reckon we could get him for a 3rd round pick.

and 500k. dont think so. 300 tops.

Milton66
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

What was I thinking!!!!

But in those conditions?
Why not. If Kosi can go up with his hands, why not Roo?

Lloyd made the comment that Carey and Brown can do it because of their body size. Gherig was in the same boat.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Kane Tenace.....

Sheesh.

He cant break into that side. Would probably struggle here too.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

What was I thinking!!!!

But in those conditions?

Lloyd made the comment that Carey and Brown can do it because of their body size. Gherig was in the same boat.
It's not like Kosi has got a lot of love for reaching up with his hands on Saturday though :shock:

Milton66
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

What was I thinking!!!!

But in those conditions?

It's not like Kosi has got a lot of love for reaching up with his hands on Saturday though :shock:
Where's Bernard when I need him?

It's just another dimension that Roo should develop. Take it easy girl. :lol:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

What was I thinking!!!!

But in those conditions?

My last comment was tongue in cheek, I was baiting just a little :wink:

Milton66
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:

What was I thinking!!!!

But in those conditions?

My last comment was tongue in cheek, I was baiting just a little :wink:
BACK OFF SISTA! :lol:

You'd be the last on here to offend me.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Not unless he comes at a bargain trade. In hindsight he is just another flat track bully or one trick pony, which ever you prefer!

I know he's lighting quick, but too often he seems perfectly capable of ripping crap teams to ribbons but does f**k all against real opposition - except when he plays us that is :roll:

Bad management is bad management
Milton66
SS Life Member

Two names:

Dawson

Ray