Losing a GF feels like...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gutted......Empty....deflated...not willing to watch the news, read the paper or allow myself to think about it......97 re-lived, only worse....

Most of the players gave their all, and they can be proud of their efforts.....but when push came to shove.....on the biggest stage, we got stage fright....twice (first half of the second quarter, and early part of the last) this would be highlighted by 6 massive errors...

Personally I am finding it hard to come to terms with losing a GF, that in most part we were in control of.....opportunities like that don't come around very often....

saintDal
Club Player

I'm feeling a bit like this.
It feels like somebody took my heart, and dropped it into a bucket of boiling tears. And at the same time, somebody else is hitting my soul in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer. And then a third guy walks in and starts punching me in the grief bone, and I am crying, and nobody can hear me, because I am terribly, terribly... terribly alone.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Losing a GF feels like...

barks4eva wrote:
Sainternist wrote:being dumped by your partner
I got the double, great weekend all round
sorry to hear that, mate.

if i had of known, i would have used a different analogy.

pity she wasn't understanding about your saints obsession. my ex hated footy before she met me. then i dragged her along to a few saints games and she understood it. even developed a soft spot for the saints, even to the where she says she barracks for them. she told me cried on saturday after watching it and blames me for introducing her into a "st.kilda world of pain" haha...

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Sainternist wrote:being dumped by your partner
I got the double, great weekend all round
sorry to hear that, mate.

if i had of known, i would have used a different analogy.
On again, she jumped back on the horse again yesterday!

Still doesn't erase the massive disappointment of losing to those sheepshafters, seeing Looney and Scarlett win another premiership medallion and knowing that if our small forwards had of taken their opportunities or even if the fricken weather wasn't so shyte, we'd now be premiers.

This sucks bigtime!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

bigmicka wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote: Strangely, I actually commenced my 2010 season on GF night in more than one way. :lol:

So my crappy day turned in to a surprisingly fantastic night. Isn't it ironic, Alanis.

Thanks for rescuing me from my despair, kitten (you know who you are)xx
Went to bed at 10.40, still tossing and turning at 4.30. Decided to take things into my own hands per se. Couldn't even maintain a, well you know.

mic
:shock: smallmica

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
lennstar

Thinline wrote:Hollow and wrenching. Today was an awful day. Couldn't leave Melbourne sooner.

Yes, perspective is required, but there is no doubt that the bottom of the gut sick feeling of knowing we lost when we shouldn't have will resonate for some time.

And we are just supporters.

Spare a thought for the players who sweat blood for that moment.

They need to be made of stern stuff.

But they will rise once more. We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come.
Well said. We DO have an inspiring captain and coach. I am still gutted but so proud of what our players have achieved this year. Still can't read a paper or listen to radio, but we have a lot to look forward to in 2010

bigmicka
Club Player

barks4eva wrote: :shock: smallmica
Sure felt that way.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Gut wrenching, heart breaking , shattering. Felt hollow and numb. Lots of tears. Avoided news papers, tv and radio, facebook as well. Made it a taboo subject at work !!

Above all still love those sainter boys no matter what, it was a stab to the heart to see them so sad.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Listen N00b - stop bumping threads from a day or two after the GF.

If you really are a Saints fan stop trying to stir up bad memories and post in current threads.

Getting a bit obvious. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)