I'm signed up for 2010!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm signed up for 2010!

How good was it yesterday to be able to take the first practical step toward excising the pain of our loss? I'm referring to the membership application forms that were made available to us! We have a number of choices as I see it Folks; We can (A) wring our hands and agonise about what might have been. (B) Confront the pain of losing and become (in the wise words of Brad Johnson) "Super determined to succeed next year!" and the first step toward that is signing up!!!

I'm in...So who's with me???!!!

Love to all

Dave :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

*Raises Hand*

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Do I really need to be asked Jigg? :D

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Yep, will be signing up again.

Hopefully will be able to persuade 2 or 3 mates, who didn't sign up in 2009, to join me.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

deflection....

:wink:

saint4life
Bono
Club Player

If you sign up as a Social Club member before Christmas, the CLub should guarantee you a Grand Final SEAT ticket if the Saints make it next year, not a Grand Final 'ticket'. 15% of the allocation for Saturday was standing room and that was crap. They beg to the supporters all the time and 1725 members got a crappy standing room ticket, which isnt good enough.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

How will they guarantee that Bono? The AFL allocate the seats don't they? How does the club discriminate b/w someone who pays up before xmas and another member who has been fully paid up for the past 20 years? (But maybe not before xmas each year) AS someone said on another thread, if you have become a S/C member just so you get a good GF seat then you're kidding yourself.

I have already had 3 different mates ask me about how they sign up for next year. All these ppl were non members this year and for the last 10 years. Should be a record membership next year I reckon.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

fair comment regarding GF allocation. I signed up in 2000 (a wooden spoon year :roll: ) and GF ticket allocation was not the priority, but rather my small contribution to us getting better as a club. My motives have remained unchanged ever since. I do agree that long standing SC members should have their loyalty recognized. Perhaps we can have some spokespeople at the AGM to put the case?

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Bono
Club Player

The club can tell the AFL where they want the seats allocated. Why do you think all the past players got to sit together. Why do you think all the life members were sitting together?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

The Fid Family are automatically signed up for next season tickets, social club and reserved seats via monthly payment deductions

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Maxstar22
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:The Fid Family are automatically signed up for next season tickets, social club and reserved seats via monthly payment deductions
+1

We pay by the month as well. Makes it alittle easier on the bank balance and we get to keep our seats etc etc.

Have managed to sign up another one too. The other half has defected from the Dawks and become a real supporter :lol:

There was never any question that we wouldnt sign up again. I am shocked that anyone would even contemplate it :?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Bono wrote:If you sign up as a Social Club member before Christmas, the CLub should guarantee you a Grand Final SEAT ticket if the Saints make it next year, not a Grand Final 'ticket'. 15% of the allocation for Saturday was standing room and that was crap. They beg to the supporters all the time and 1725 members got a crappy standing room ticket, which isnt good enough.
Next year Demetriou should take his turn with a standing room ticket. :D

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Bono wrote:The club can tell the AFL where they want the seats allocated. Why do you think all the past players got to sit together. Why do you think all the life members were sitting together?
You have got to be kidding me? Are you for real? Off you go down to see Mr Demetriou and ask him to give the 12,000+ SC members for the competing club a 'sitting' ticket. He will laugh you right out the front door.

Anyhoo, been a full member with reserved seat for the past 7 years. Can't see that changing next year..... :lol:

It has always been about supporting the club, not for a guaranteed ticket to the GF. I was so thrilled that I even got in the ground on Saturday. My first GF (watched '97 at home) and the whole day was amazing up until the last 10 minutes. The build up just as exciting. This club and it's supporters are saint-bloomin-sational! Would not miss next year for anything!!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintnick12
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:The Fid Family are automatically signed up for next season tickets, social club and reserved seats via monthly payment deductions
Myself and my 14 year old son and my parents are all club and social club members, on the rollover plan, so we'll be onboard. We can't afford reserve seats as well, but use the social club seating as a sort of defacto reserve seat. I usually book my seats early and most weeks get the same seats - I think I sat in the same seats in about 7 of the home games this year and elsewhere in the social club for the rest.
My two year old son is a baby member and am looking to upgrade him to social club this year, though he will probably have to go on the list. He doesn't need a seat as he can sit on my knee, but its easier if he does have his own seat. I've only taken him a few times. He gets a bit overwhelmed by the crowd, particularly as the last game I took him to was the NOrth Melbourne one as as the first 5 goals sailed over our heads unanswered, the anger in the people sitting near me grew and scared the crap out my son. But I'll keep working on it next year.
I'm also hoping to convice my husband to sign up this year to a membership. He's not a footy fan as in he does not go to the footy except the once or twice a year that I manage to drag him along. But I have managed to convert him from a blues to a saints supporter over the years, just got to get him to sign up. He really has grown to love the saints and gets right into all the football related talk shows etc, just doesn't like to actually go as he finds the whole thing so stressful and not enjoyable, where as most of us footy tragics enjoy that side of it.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Reknewed on sunday :D

SaintDebi
Club Player

Can't wait to renew. Is it just automatic rollovers (no changes) available so far?
Unfortunately I haven't been able to take advantage of that yet, as we've had to make changes in the past few years (family to individual, concession to new category student concession, seat changes and this year student concession back to concession! - and maybe - hopefully - social club waiting list!).
Can't wait till I can just roll it over!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

I'm in...

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

renewed sunday at the family day

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Social Club, Reserved Seat, Rollover Plan x 2 :lol: :lol: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Can't wait to renew. Is it just automatic rollovers (no changes) available so far?
Unfortunately I haven't been able to take advantage of that yet, as we've had to make changes in the past few years (family to individual, concession to new category student concession, seat changes and this year student concession back to concession! - and maybe - hopefully - social club waiting list!).
Can't wait till I can just roll it over!
the forms sunday were just for renewing at exisitng levels- If you wish to make changes- or add options- IE social club waiting list- then you will need to wait for the new brochures, etc

I have already had 3 different mates ask me about how they sign up for next year. All these ppl were non members this year and for the last 10 years. Should be a record membership next year I reckon.
Ring the club and get them put onto the Contact list- they will be sent information.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintWal
Club Player

Social Club, Reserved Seat, Rollover Plan x 4

Although the sight of my youngest daughter with her head under a poncho for the "whole" game playing her DS made me think of better ways of spending her membership. She will come around one day, we all do!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Social Club, Reserved Seat, Rollover Plan x 2 :lol: :lol: !!
Yes mate, it is truly the best way to go.

Monthly deductions are automatic and rollover is automatic

You have to telephone to cancel the memberships, reserved seats and social club, otherwise it just rollsover every year, and for those that are budget conscious, within a few months, you really don't even notice that money taken out, because you would have budgeted for it...

A great way for new members to sign up and not fork out the large sum at the start

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

hey just one question

will sign up my gf as a full member and social club member. What happens with the social club waiting list? Does that effect my social club membership if I do it on the same form?

I want her to be able to sit with 3 of us who are foundation members, thats more important then the granny ticket for me

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:hey just one question

will sign up my gf as a full member and social club member. What happens with the social club waiting list? Does that effect my social club membership if I do it on the same form?

I want her to be able to sit with 3 of us who are foundation members, thats more important then the granny ticket for me
At present you cannot sign your gf up as a SC Member as it is full.

You can only sign her up to the waitlist where she is on the back of the queue.

The longer you wait...the further back she will be as the quue is probably growing by the day.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:

You choices will be:

* All sit in the GA area.

* Buy a guest pass if available.

However given the thousands of extra SC that flooded in just before the cut off period I would imagine that guest passes will be dropped as there is simply way too many SC Members for the SC area now.

The SC area was based on previous SC Membership levels whereas the SC size was set solely based on the criteria of GF Ticket availability.

Demand will now grossly exceed supply and things will get ugly in 2010. many who have sat there for years will get squeezed out in the new weekly "lotto".

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....