Improvements for 2010.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Improvements for 2010.

I would
(a) Play Kosi at CHB, where he won the Rising Star award.
(b) Make a FF out of one of Gilbert, S,Fisher, or Goddard or mcEvoy.
(c) Use Rhys Stanley in the ruck with King and Gardiner alternatively. Get as many games into Rhys as possible.
(d) Get plenty of game time into Armitage. He came into the team, got 3 Brownlow votes in his first match, 2nd Match not up to same standard, and he was not played again for the whole season......
(e) Have a more adventureous selection panel....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am not sure why our forward line needs to much tweaking. I just check that AFL stats site, and we were ranked #3 in goals this year.

If anything we need to work on our goal kicking accuracy, and develop a third medium size marking forward. I still think Gwilt should be groomed for this role, has great composure and accuracy.

I also think you have forgotten about Ben in the ruck, was an amazing effort for 09, and I think he has shown enough to groom him in this role further not in a FF position.

Gurgman
Club Player

So Barry , how are you changes going to improve us next year ?

Its amazing , a week ago some of the posters wanted to trade Rhys to port for that little s*** now everyone has him playing seniors next year , Give the kid some time .

And i thought this was a forum
Hollywood
Club Player

Armo

Needs an engine!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile in adversity
Rise in a test
Inner glow when challenged
Together we will find success
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Armo

Hollywood wrote:Needs an engine!!!!!!!!!!!
who?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Kick more accurately for goal in the Grand Final.

Play Grand Final on a sunny day to make it easier for Riewoldt and Kosi to mark.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I am not sure why our forward line needs to much tweaking. I just check that AFL stats site, and we were ranked #3 in goals this year.

If anything we need to work on our goal kicking accuracy, and develop a third medium size marking forward. I still think Gwilt should be groomed for this role, has great composure and accuracy.

I also think you have forgotten about Ben in the ruck, was an amazing effort for 09, and I think he has shown enough to groom him in this role further not in a FF position.
I just checked that AFL stats site, and we were ranked #2 in goals, #1 in behinds, #1 in shots on goals, #2 in points scored this Grand Final.

There is #1 in points scored in the Grand Final, and then there are the also rans.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
bozza1980
Club Player

Re: Improvements for 2010.

borderbarry wrote:I would
(a) Play Kosi at CHB, where he won the Rising Star award.
(b) Make a FF out of one of Gilbert, S,Fisher, or Goddard or mcEvoy.
(c) Use Rhys Stanley in the ruck with King and Gardiner alternatively. Get as many games into Rhys as possible.
(d) Get plenty of game time into Armitage. He came into the team, got 3 Brownlow votes in his first match, 2nd Match not up to same standard, and he was not played again for the whole season......
(e) Have a more adventureous selection panel....
I don't like Kosi down back.

I wouldn't want to move Gilbert or Fisher up forward but getting Goddard or McEvoy up forward more often isn't a bad idea. McEvoy will play more games next year and resting him up forward will be good as is resting Goddard up front when possible.

I guess depending on whether King, Gariner or both continue will have a big bearing on Stanley playing senior footy. There really is no need to rush him, as we saw with McEvoy this year slowly slowly with big men never hurts.

Armitage will probably play more games, but he has to earn them, like Steven and others playing at Sandringham.

Maybe I'm a little conservative myself, but when the club loses 3 games by a combined total of 18 points I'm not sure that the selection committee have done an awful lot wrong, I mean at the end of the day they don't put the red leather thing between the big white sticks, wait neither do the players :roll:

That said it never hurts to review the system because if you never review it you can never improve it.

xander
Club Player

i dont know if kosi has the closing speed for CHB. he could possibly play a maxwell role i guess but that would just put more pressure on Roo.
I also disagree about Stanley. McEvoy is ahead of him and for now we should just let him stay in the VFL and let him gain experience as #1 ruck there.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Improvements for 2010.

[quote="bozza1980]
Maybe I'm a little conservative myself, but when the club loses 3 games by a combined total of 18 points I'm not sure that the selection committee have done an awful lot wrong, I mean at the end of the day they don't put the red leather thing between the big white sticks, wait neither do the players :roll:

That said it never hurts to review the system because if you never review it you can never improve it.[/quote]

3 losses for a combined total 19 points actually..

2 points to Bombers
5 Points to North
12 Points to Geelong

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D