Final Moments

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Final Moments

Just watched:

1st thing.. Jones kick that led to the goal (turn over) pit he didn't realise he had heaps more time. He could have ran more and looked where he was kicking it.

2nd: max Rooke goal actually bounced through. I thought after the siren that if a ball touched the ground 1st it was a dead ball therefore no score. .. I must be wrong.
Last edited by SaintWodonga on Mon 28 Sep 2009 2:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Final Moments

SaintWodonga wrote:Just watched:

1st thing.. Jones kick that led to the goal (turn over) pit he didn't realise he had heaps more time. He could have ran more and looked where he was kicking it.

2nd: max Rooke goal actually bounced through. I though after the siren that if a ball touched the ground 1st it was a dead ball therefore no score. .. I must be wrong.
Your 2nd point has been raised already on radio, not sure of the verdict.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Re: Final Moments

SaintWodonga wrote:Just watched:

2nd: max Rooke goal actually bounced through. I though after the siren that if a ball touched the ground 1st it was a dead ball therefore no score. .. I must be wrong.
That you are.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

f*** me I didn't like watching that much...

Zac - super desperate spoil... Game of f****** inches...

Ouch.

Again.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ThePunter
Club Player

Dawson attacked the ball. Ablett waited passively.

Ablett was rewarded.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

ThePunter wrote:Dawson attacked the ball. Ablett waited passively.

Ablett was rewarded.
Ablett ran off Jones when he saw Jones go forward. Jones kick straight to Cats player...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Watch the Taylor mark....Kosi runs desperatly after kicking the ball 80m only seconds previously....Game of inches alright, if he was 1m closer to the marking contest when the ball was kicked he would of marked it....And Riewoldt was free in the 50......

Kosi would be an absolute hero of the club......1 f****** Metre :evil: :evil: :evil:

suss
Club Player

That's the first footage I've seen of the game. Interesting.

No wonder Bartel got 16 tackles. If you just wrap your arms around a bloke permanently and the impeded bloke keeps winning the ball I guess that's how the tackle count goes up.

I didn't think Jones' kick to Taylor was entirely his fault. Reiwoldt went storming off to goal but there was never a chance Jones was going to kick of more than 30 or 40 metres. Nick should know Jones has no right foot.

Man that's hard to watch.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:That's the first footage I've seen of the game. Interesting.

No wonder Bartel got 16 tackles. If you just wrap your arms around a bloke permanently and the impeded bloke keeps winning the ball I guess that's how the tackle count goes up.

I didn't think Jones' kick to Taylor was entirely his fault. Reiwoldt went storming off to goal but there was never a chance Jones was going to kick of more than 30 or 40 metres. Nick should know Jones has no right foot.

Man that's hard to watch.
They said Lenny had red welts all over his body :cry:

undecided
Club Player

Zac did something max wouldn't be able to do.