Thanks Saintsational

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Genghis
Club Player

Thanks Saintsational

Hi everyone. I don't post on here much, but I come here a lot. But I feel like I need to post something now, just to say thanks to everyone in the Saintsational family for sharing their feelings. I go to every game and at least one or two interstate during the year, have been a member since '93 and a Social Club member since '98.

Like everyone else I feel like I've just experienced a death in the family. It is so gut-wrenching. I'm "working from home" today which is really code for "I'm depressed and gutted so leave me alone". I just couldn't face all the bandwagon footy supporters at work who have no idea what I'm going through. I received tons of messages on Sat night saying "Sorry mate" and "Maybe next year" and worse still "at least you made the grand final". But I couldn't respond to any of them and now those people probably think I'm really rude. But I don't care because they just don't understand.

Anyway, I'll probably crawl back into the Saintsational shadows again, but I just wanted to thank the Saintsational family for being tough, hardy and brave and for instilling some of those qualities in me. The only reason why I could get out of bed this morning was because I know I'm not the only one who loves this club and will stick with it through both the good times and the downright horrific times. So thanks everyone.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You should post more, it's always nice to get a different opinion. This place is great, everyone here because of the amazing club that is St Kilda.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Great post Genghis. You've summed up my feelings as well. I had a few people from work, mostly WCE supporters, text me after the game, trying to be nice, but really just demonstrating how WA fans of a johnny come lately club with three flags have SFA understanding of what we're going through.
I want the empty feeling to go away but it wont. Part of the process of dealing with it is the realisation that I"ll have to live with this disappointment for the rest of my life. Sounds dramatic. But when I look back at '97, 12 years later, it still hurts and I well remember the feelings after that game. I guess a flag will ease the hurt, but I can't pretend that this loss doesn't hurt like hell. It's so much more than just a game of footy to me.
There have been three GF's in my life that I have really clear memories of. In two of them we were in front at 3/4 time, in the other in front at half time. It just really hurts. No other way to put it.

Genghis
Club Player

Hi SainterK - I will post more, I'm usually a shy person ('cept when I'm swearing my lungs out at the footy) but I know my opinion's always welcome here!

And I know what you mean st.byron. I was born in '73 so missed the '71 GF but sat through the pain of '97. And to me this year's loss hurts even more than in '97 - it took us another 12 years to get another shot at it (in '97 I just assumed we'd be back the following year harder than ever...) so to see us play our guts out and lose so narrowly just makes me want to crawl into the foetal position and not move until we win the flag (or I get hungry, whichever happens to come first).

daldal

Thanks god for you guys yesterday!
The weather and i were both miserable and to make matters worst I could not deal with any emotion.
This morning at work I had a girl laugh at me when others asked how I was. She said you can't be that serious about footy? She walked away and I felt like hitting her. I have grown up around footy in Port melbourne and have followed the Saints for over 40 years. Footy is in my blood and for me it is my passion and like a religion. I choose not to talk to anyone who does not feel the same as they just don't understand. You guys do, some of those here are crazier than i, but we share the same love of the Mighty Saints.
Thanks again everyone for being emotional here as it halped me deal with a pretty dark day......

we shall rise again....