Why cant people accept that we had too many passengers?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we should just trade the whole team and start again from scratch they are a complete pack of imbeciles who can't do anything right.

Well done Saints fans lets eat our own in one of our best seasons in my 37 years in hindsight I'm not as devastated as I thought- there is real hope on the horizon.

We are still young, have real depth for the first time in ages, we have guys that save for a bit of bad luck that would be champions now, a real solid game plan and if not next year it should not be far away.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Didn't we win on virtually all the stats - except goals scored?
118 tackles FFS! Oh and on the ABC they said today there were 54% contested possies - which may be a record.
This does not mean we had passengers - far from it. Only one player had fewer than 10 possies - Dempster with minimum game time and he kicked a goal.
Just a handful of bad decisions and inaccurate kicks for goal.
We should have won it! We did everything except take the f****** cup - no time for ppl looking for scapegoats. Milney was the only one who seemed a bit lost with his decision-making.
But yes - we should have tried to be more attacking in the last qtr.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:I can't believe this thread, if we hadn't missed those easy shots at goal we would have been premiers this morning..

Its not a witch hunt at the moment...
100% correct. Nothing to do with passengers, poor disposal, Max, or anything else...pure and simple, crap kicking for goal. We comprehensively kicked ourselves out of it with 9.14.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

saintdavies wrote:I know i'll get flamed for this but to be honest i think it was a coaching decision that made us fall short. Me and a few other supporters noticed that for the whole 4th quater everyone was behind the ball flooding, trying to save the game for an ENITRE quater. We were too negative in the 4th trying to be too defensive when we needed to attack and gain a bigger lead and THEN save it in the last few minutes.

Hopefully they learn from this though, and improved for next years grand final :D
Perhaps, I'd have to watch the replay (which I WONT), but we still had our chances in the 4th to inflict a killer blow, to which we didn't!

Bad management is bad management
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nope, you're right, I won't accept it...

The only thing the boys lacked yesterday was composure.

Think about it, they showed the boys out in the carpark on yoga mats just before they were about to run down the race, trying to release some of their nervous energy.

This energy actually worked in our favour when it came to our attack at the ball, we were simply ferocious and on a whole other level.

Unfortunately that very same energy had an entirely different result in front of goal, when their was perhaps time and space, I personally think that goals were rushed, and perhaps a little eratic.

Maybe to much energy, but I will never accept it had a lack of heart and endeavour...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

sounds like Rossy Lyon was incredibly pissed off with the players for blowing it.....and said so behind closed doors......what he really said of course we'll never hear about, but you could get the gist from his public interviews!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:sounds like Rossy Lyon was incredibly pissed off with the players for blowing it.....and said so behind closed doors......what he really said of course we'll never hear about, but you could get the gist from his public interviews!
Really?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

We were desperate, each and every one.

No passengers in the game I was watching.

9 freakin 14.

Just missed opportunities.

Woulda coulda shoulda.

2010. RECTIFY!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
agreco
Club Player

Seriously no wonder our club has the loser menatliy it does!

The end result of the grand final as a disater for the st.kilda football club and as a 20 year supporter it is one of the worst performances I have seen to date. Our second string players were useless, raph clarke, mcwalter, dawson, MILNE!! schnider, they were rubbish and when the heat was on, missing in action.

To be honest my biggest dissapointment was for one time this year at the three quarter time break I actually let myself belive we had a chance at winning! A mistake I will never make again. An what dissapoints me the most are supporters that say, 'oh well next year' or 'didn't they have a red hot go' or 'what a super game they were just unluck'. All those comments are absolutuely and utterly rubbish. For to long we have been everyones 'second team'. Too long we have supporters who are happy with a repectable loss. Grabd finals are very hard to make amd a lot has to go right so the 'next year' comment is infuriating becuase like 97, there may never be a 'next year!!!!'

So anyone that gets on here, don't give me you are proud of the boys because you shouldn't be! they let themselves down and they let all us supporters who actually dared to dream down. Appart from a handfull they played for themselves and at no stage will I ever say I was proud of their effort. Second isn't good enough any more and as ross lyon said those who can't commit to winning can get lost. And steven milne you will be the first to go.

Piss off saints i am over you and just dont have any more heart to waste on your rubbish. Im out!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

agreco wrote:Seriously no wonder our club has the loser menatliy it does!

The end result of the grand final as a disater for the st.kilda football club and as a 20 year supporter it is one of the worst performances I have seen to date. Our second string players were useless, raph clarke, mcwalter, dawson, MILNE!! schnider, they were rubbish and when the heat was on, missing in action.

To be honest my biggest dissapointment was for one time this year at the three quarter time break I actually let myself belive we had a chance at winning! A mistake I will never make again. An what dissapoints me the most are supporters that say, 'oh well next year' or 'didn't they have a red hot go' or 'what a super game they were just unluck'. All those comments are absolutuely and utterly rubbish. For to long we have been everyones 'second team'. Too long we have supporters who are happy with a repectable loss. Grabd finals are very hard to make amd a lot has to go right so the 'next year' comment is infuriating becuase like 97, there may never be a 'next year!!!!'

So anyone that gets on here, don't give me you are proud of the boys because you shouldn't be! they let themselves down and they let all us supporters who actually dared to dream down. Appart from a handfull they played for themselves and at no stage will I ever say I was proud of their effort. Second isn't good enough any more and as ross lyon said those who can't commit to winning can get lost. And steven milne you will be the first to go.

Piss off saints i am over you and just dont have any more heart to waste on your rubbish. Im out!
I am glad you are leaving you revolting, weak, petulant coward.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Close the door on the way out won't you....

agreco
Club Player

out with a bang!!

All you guys can go f*** your mothers!!

And your brothers!!

Ban me i dont give a f***

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Haven't left yet? Please get a wriggle on.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Re: out with a bang!!

agreco wrote:All you guys can go f*** your mothers!!

And your brothers!!

All class and go back to the filth where you belong troll.... :x :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: out with a bang!!

agreco wrote:All you guys can go f*** your mothers!!

And your brothers!!

The orgy post is on the general forum.

Best of luck there.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Because we only lost due to inaccurate kicking for goal.

The train ran fine, but on the wrong track.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
goyousaints
Club Player

As Ross Lyon said ,anyone who has nt got the heart can go,so shut the door after yourself pea heart Agreco

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I am proud of the players but I want a premiership.

Mistakes cost us a premiership. You don't take the next step by patting yourselves on the back. You take it by realising where you can improve.

We have so many areas in which we can get better. At times they were painfully obvious yesterday. Many I could see unfolding well before they happened; I didn't like the predictability of that.

We need to learn, get better and improve. That's why we're here.

I'm happy about the season we've had and it's exceeded my expectations, which is good. However, you don't come this far to get beaten.

Be proud, but then get determined to go better.

That's how Ross thinks. It's how Roo thinks. It's how we should be thinking, too.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I am proud of the players but I want a premiership.

Mistakes cost us a premiership. You don't take the next step by patting yourselves on the back. You take it by realising where you can improve.

We have so many areas in which we can get better. At times they were painfully obvious yesterday. Many I could see unfolding well before they happened; I didn't like the predictability of that.

We need to learn, get better and improve. That's why we're here.

I'm happy about the season we've had and it's exceeded my expectations, which is good. However, you don't come this far to get beaten.

Be proud, but then get determined to go better.

That's how Ross thinks. It's how Roo thinks. It's how we should be thinking, too.
I think that's the universal view

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Close the door on the way out won't you....
Some ppl seriously have no spine at all. Agreco probably thinks he's a passionate supporter too. Who cares if he regrets his remarks in 3 mths time, it's in time of adversity that ppl show their true colours. Agreco just showed his....

Wouldn't want to ever go to war with this coward.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Why cant people accept that we had too many passengers?

stevos2151 wrote:I understand people getting upset when certain playerse are made as scapegoats but it was the same old story yesterday.

Raph Clarke getting tackled from behind in the first minute having absolutely no awareness. The first minute for christ sake.

Steven Milne once again failing in a final.

Dawson kicking into Hawkins. Is their a player called Max Hughton.

Players bombing the ball to Roo when he is 3 on 1.

Roo and Kosi leading to the same spot. Do they have homing beacons on each other?

What were the positives?

Luke Ball showing why he should never be dropped again.

Lenny Hayes.

Clinton Jones

Lenny Hayes

Goddard

Lenny Hayes
Too harsh on Raph and Dawson. Yes both made mistakes but both recovered well - not our worst.

Agree on Milne - we wont win a GF with Milne playing. He is a good home and away player but not suited to the big games.

Agree the focus on kicking to Roo was too much - at times he was leading to the pocket with 2 players on him when a direct kick to the square would have been a better option with Kosi 1 on 1.

For mine, Milne, Mini, Ray and Kosi to a lesser extent were all disappointing. Schneider misses were very disappointing but in terms of effort he was good.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton