Everybody.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Everybody.

This hurts.

It hurts like nothing else has hurt before. We had one hand on it and let it slip. Its the morning after and im still tearing up, sitting here, wondering where it all went wrong.

But thats not the point.

It hurts.

The point is this:
If you can get there, get to Etihad. These are our boys and they've done us proud. They gave us so much joy during 2009 they deserve our support one more time.

These are our boys and they're hurting too.

Get there and let them know that they are still OUR boys. They are still OUR team.

This is our great club.

Get there.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Everybody.

what time?

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

11:00-2:00

On my way out the door now. See you all there.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:11:00-2:00

On my way out the door now. See you all there.
on my way

golden hawk
Club Player

Re: Everybody.

n1ck wrote:This hurts.

It hurts like nothing else has hurt before. We had one hand on it and let it slip. Its the morning after and im still tearing up, sitting here, wondering where it all went wrong.

But thats not the point.

It hurts.

The point is this:
If you can get there, get to Etihad. These are our boys and they've done us proud. They gave us so much joy during 2009 they deserve our support one more time.

These are our boys and they're hurting too.

Get there and let them know that they are still OUR boys. They are still OUR team.

This is our great club.

Get there.
well said .

a true supporter will turn up even after a loss of a GF so i was told by some one once they did great to get there they played great yes made some errors but hey GF jitters get all no matter who cats made mistakes too but sadly made right choices at the right time .
the umps were not too bad some errors but they did not win or lose the game for either team .

your guys made cats work for it , it sure was not a boring game , i think that ball would have been slippery as too .

they the saints will learn from it they made it to the pre lim last year the GF this year and next year no team will think you guys will be an easy win at all and will have to work at trying to beat you guys .

two of the best teams made it to the GF sadly one had to lose i wish it was the cats but sadly it was not !

everyone i hope tries to make it to todays family day at the dome i know it is hard after a loss but it will help your guys for 2010 !

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
SaintDebi
Club Player

I can't get there. :cry:
Nothing to do with losing, I would have had the same family commitments had we won.
I want to be there.
Go and support the players if you can.

golden hawk
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote:I can't get there. :cry:
Nothing to do with losing, I would have had the same family commitments had we won.
I want to be there.
Go and support the players if you can.
that is fair enough too sadly there are the supporters who do want to go but for some reason work or family they can not .
i can live with that .

if i could go and did not just cause we lost that is another story , i would still turn up and show my loyalty but everyone is different i guess

good luck in 2010 !

SuperSaint
Club Player

My wife and kids went. I couldn't go this time. Going to 97 one for me was "once is enough". Good for my kids to experience as it will be the first time for them where they can feel the pain of a loss that "slipped away from us" again. :(

golden hawk
Club Player

SuperSaint wrote:My wife and kids went. I couldn't go this time. Going to 97 one for me was "once is enough". Good for my kids to experience as it will be the first time for them where they can feel the pain of a loss that "slipped away from us" again. :(
you are still representing them with your family .

they nearly did it they did not lie down and let cats walk over them like port did in 07 and that is what i am happy with and that is what you guys have to hold onto yes you lost but you were not flogged ! and you will be back in 2010

hawks in 07 after that loss to roo's used that as a motivator for 09 your guys will or should do the same for 2010 !

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:My wife and kids went. I couldn't go this time. Going to 97 one for me was "once is enough". Good for my kids to experience as it will be the first time for them where they can feel the pain of a loss that "slipped away from us" again. :(

they nearly did it they did not lie down and let cats walk over them like port did in 07 and that is what i am happy with and that is what you guys have to hold onto yes you lost but you were not flogged ! and you will be back in 2010

hawks in 07 after that loss to roo's used that as a motivator for 09 your guys will or should do the same for 2010 !
Appreciate your words Golden Hawk, but your mob has a history of doing that, we dont, thats what I am worried about

I love this club
golden hawk
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:
golden hawk wrote:

Appreciate your words Golden Hawk, but your mob has a history of doing that, we dont, thats what I am worried about
well i hope they use it for motivation for 2010 i want to see you up there if hawks don't make it [just in case] i want to see you guys there ! and i don't want to see cats there at all !

SuperSaint
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:
golden hawk wrote:

Thanks for your good words also Golden Hawk also. On top of what Stillwaiting said, you also need more than the playing list to just get to the Grand Final with the inequality of the Home and Away draw and the luck needed with the high risk of injury in the game.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

I showed up.

Great turn out, amazing support considering what happened yesterday.

My guard is usually pretty tight and I'm not one to cry let alone in public but my eyes welled up a little bit as the players were cheered up on stage.

I feel much better for going though knowing we're not alone in feeling the way we do.

Sad when Max announced his retirement. I think everyone knew what he was about to say when he was the last to be handed the mic.

Did Lyon say a few words before the players got up on stage? I missed it if he did.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:Did Lyon say a few words before the players got up on stage? I missed it if he did.
he spoke briefly along the lines of how disappointed he was and how we'd continue to strive to improve. i give him 9.5/10 for his efforts this year. in fact that goes for the whole club.

santazzi
Club Player

It is a dreadful Sunday in Tassie, weather wise. I watched you Sainters at the Family Day gathering supporting the boy. Very proud of you guys.

As to me, I had a rather strange feeling at the end of the game. Non of the devastation I experienced in 1997. It felt to me like a boxing match. Lost first round by a point, but there are 11 rounds to go. In 1997 I felt opportunity had bolted for ever. Never to return. Yesterday I felt we will go and win it next year. After all they did not win it, they were gifted it.

My family were quiet wondering (with 1997 fresh in their mind) what I was about to do. Nothing. I got up, walked to the fridge pulled out the two bottles of champagne (left un opened from 1997), walked down stairs, put them back in their position in the sellar, walked upstairs, opened another bottle of red and settled to enjoy proceedings on tele. From Lyons fighting words and his call to arms of his charges, I fancy I will drink those champers before they turn to vinegar........

You see fellow Sainters...in 1997 thre was no tomorrow ,.......to day I see lots of tomorrows. Let us thank the playing group and coaches for the beautiful ride in 2009 and prepare ourselves for even greater ride in 2010......

Offbe
Club Player

santazzi wrote:It is a dreadful Sunday in Tassie, weather wise. I watched you Sainters at the Family Day gathering supporting the boy. Very proud of you guys.

As to me, I had a rather strange feeling at the end of the game. Non of the devastation I experienced in 1997. It felt to me like a boxing match. Lost first round by a point, but there are 11 rounds to go. In 1997 I felt opportunity had bolted for ever. Never to return. Yesterday I felt we will go and win it next year. After all they did not win it, they were gifted it.

My family were quiet wondering (with 1997 fresh in their mind) what I was about to do. Nothing. I got up, walked to the fridge pulled out the two bottles of champagne (left un opened from 1997), walked down stairs, put them back in their position in the sellar, walked upstairs, opened another bottle of red and settled to enjoy proceedings on tele. From Lyons fighting words and his call to arms of his charges, I fancy I will drink those champers before they turn to vinegar........

You see fellow Sainters...in 1997 thre was no tomorrow ,.......to day I see lots of tomorrows. Let us thank the playing group and coaches for the beautiful ride in 2009 and prepare ourselves for even greater ride in 2010......
n'uff said

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:It is a dreadful Sunday in Tassie, weather wise. I watched you Sainters at the Family Day gathering supporting the boy. Very proud of you guys.

I like this.