Oh gee.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Oh gee.....

Can now only bring myself to post. Gutted but proud of the effort of our boys.

It will be in the paper tomorrow, but I will probably avoid that. I wanted to give my own player ratings and comments.

Not necessarily for you all to read or comment on, just to get them off my chest.

Jason Gram - 9/10. Played a great game. Tackled, pressured, ran, used the ball effectively. Was Norm Smith if we'd won.

Steven King - 5/10. Not a good day for big men, but tried hard.

Lenny Hayes - 8/10. Terrific early. Led from the front and under all day.

Stevie Baker - 7/10. Shirked nothing. Battered from pillar to goal post.

Leigh Montagna - 6/10. Quiet early but worked into it.

Nick Riewoldt - 6/10. Beaten by Taylor, but not a day for talls and he was double and triple teamed. Competed hard. Great leadership.

Adam Schneider - 5/10. Missed two crucial goals he should've nailed. Had a purple patch and one stage but wasn't great.

Luke Ball - 6/10. Very good and tackled and competed well.

Michael Gardiner - 6/10. Did well around the ground. Great left foot pass on outer wing on the run.

Raph Clarke - 4/10. Went to ground to often and seemed overawed with the day.

Brendon Goddard - 7/10. Went missing a couple of times but was always trying.

Sam Gilbert - 5/10. Just a pass mark for Sam. Ground condition slowed his pace down.

Farren Ray - 4/10. Largely unsighted. Good left foot centering kick to Schneider for our first goal (?)

Justin Koschitzke - 4/10. Largely ineffectual against the best full back in the comp

Sean Dempster - 6/10. Did very well in a mostly negative forward role on Andrew Mackie.

Sam Fisher - 6/10. Made a couple of blues, not his usual standard of play.

Nick Dal Santo - 7/10. Good early, struggled with Ling

Jason Blake - 7/10. Very good game on Mooney. Conditions suited.

Andrew McQualter - 4/10. Didn't notice him much.

Clint Jones - 5/10. Tried hard against Ablett, but Ablett is relentless and got free for some crucial possessions, particularly late.

Zac Dawson - 5/10. Just a pass. Couple of nice spoils. At least one error with the smother by Hawkins resulting in a 'goal'. Looked over awed but will still be solid.

Stephen Milne - 4/10. Milney looked lost in conditions that should've suited him. Had a couple of chances to nail goals but couldn't. Didn't seem to be in the right position for front and square possessions often enough when Rooey had 78 players on him and still brought it to ground.

Team Rating 120/220. A former coach always thought that if you get above 50% in the player ratings, you should win.

Another fricken stat we have won in this game, except for the only fricken stat that matters. The fricken scorefrickenboard.

.FRICK

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

.YEP.BUT.SHATTERED

:cry:

golden hawk
Club Player

ch 7 game day said Zac did well and what he was meant to do and had earnt his spot and that the spoil by hawkins was the only mistake he did he must have been so focused on getting it to one of your guys that he did not see where hawkins was !

and that cat goal that was not dumb goal ump aaaarrrrhhh i was not happy !

milburn what a sook he did not toach the ball suffer on him ! glad you guys got that goal from that i am sad you guys did not win i soooooo wanted you guys to win !

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i pretty much agree with all your ratings. i might give bakes an 8 - he was great. and id maybe deduct 1 from grammy just because of the time he could have centred/passed and just did a rubbish snap for a point.

only one i really disagree on is dempster. defensive role on mackie? were u watching? mackie played awesome. nearly best on. murdered dempster. dempster too slow and no mobility. 4/10.