The Morning After

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

The Morning After

The morning after, the sun comes up and a new day begins but yet it still feels like yesterday and it still hurts like hell.
Some people will tell you to start moving on, but you can’t, you can’t stop the tears from forming. Each tear that rolls down your cheek still burns your skin as you continue to think and see the visions of what happened in that one day is september.

There is an empty feeling in your stomach, it is like a coin been thrown into a dark empty barrel that the echo gives you that sickly feeling. The fact you know the media will be littered today with how the "greatest team of all" has won the ultimate prize.
Knowing it's not just today you have to put up with it, but yet you know you will have to put up with seeing the vision of them holding up the cup for the next 12 months. The thought of it all is still raw emotion and it is completely gut retching, you could almost say it feels like someone has come along and turned your stomach inside out.

You try to look forward, you want to try to reflect on what a wonderful season it was, but right now the emotion is like an aeroplane spiralling out of control on a one way ticket down.
You just can't see past what unfolded in a matter of 5 to 7 minutes just after 5pm yesterday afternoon.
You know the boys fought hard yesterday and if anything we were the better team on the day yet our shots at goal cost us dearly. We were gallant in defeat yet so close to tasting victory.

The season of 2009 is over, but the feelings of hurt will not disappear as quickly as the day did yesterday. Tomorrow will bring a new day where most will have to face your work colleagues, some may cut you some slack, while some will have to face the arrogant and cocky Geelong supporter or two.
Whatever happens in the days ahead, just remember you are not alone, if we feel like this as supporters, I can’t even start to imagine what the players and the rest of the club are feeling like.

Go Saints!

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
older saint
SS Life Member

I went to bed saying the sun will come up and life goes on, but looking outside still haven't seen any sun yet - perhaps it won't .. maybe it didn't happen
Damm papers say otherwise

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I had the worlds worst sleep last night.

I HAD to get up (when I finally did get some sleep) and face the demons scattered throughout this mornings newspaper.

Ross Lyon is a shining light. An article in this mornings Herald Sun reinforcing and outlining another committed assault on the flag will develop the team into something more devastating than what we saw this season, and that has me excited about the prospects.

This chapter is closed. I'm ready to open the book on 2010!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Went to bed at 8.30 last night, slept well until 7am this morning. Quite surreal when I think I was prepared to pull an all nighter if we'd won. Still I'm very proud of the boys and the club and my resolve to support them even stronger in 2010 until we win that flag we rightfully and richly deserve is burning strong and will be the catalyst to get me through this empty, hollow and very disappointing period.

Bring on the B&F, let's celebrate a near perfect season and look forward, not back with a steely resolve and a burning passion. This is not the end, it's just the beginning.

Castro

Dal Santo's Gal, firstly, what a beautiful post. You couldn't have encapsulated my thoughts and feelings any better than you did.

It's a surreal feeling that I have at this moment. That feeling of genuine shock and disappointment that I felt as the final siren sounded yesterday hasn't subsided. If anything, it has probably been heightened by the fact that I have been watching the replay on Fox and looking at the countless pictures and videos on the internet of our boys in pain and sheer disbelief.

Having said this, I am just so proud of the team and the coaching staff, not just for their efforts yesterday, but for their efforts throughout the entire season. They have given us so much joy. Sadly, they were, in my honest opinion, by far the better said on the day, however they came away empty handed.

All I want to do now is go down to Moorabbin and renew my membership for 2010, as I am extremely confident that next year will bring the ultimate success that everyone, including all of the loyal fans on this site, have been yearning for.

Love ya, Sainters.

oh when
Club Player

Lyon knows what's needed.

Having read Lyons comments on the Saints site - I am confident he knows who he needs to cut and needs to keep to get us over the line next year.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Really difficult to type anything at the moment. Scores were level with 5 minutes to go, is that right?
One good thing is now I can truly hate Geelong...I used to feel sorry for them.
It really hurts beyond belief. Yes, you'll have to put up with all the know-alls at work. The worst are supporters of Carlton, Essendon and Hawthorn who think they have a G*d-given right to win Premierships. They'll say "Saints not good enough " etc. Well, where was Hawthorn in the finals? What about Essendon? They only exist to give Adelaide teams wins in the finals! Also, these fools used to complain about all St Kilda's draft picks. How many no. 1 picks has Carlton had? They tanked for half a season to get Judd. How far has it got them?
Yes, the worst are supporters of the other Melbourne-based clubs. E.g. Melbourne Football Club supporters who manage to still be arrogant after 45 years of non-achievement.
I can't really finish this post. It's going to be a long and painful summer and I don't think I'll ever get over the pain I'm feeling now.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Really difficult to type anything at the moment. Scores were level with 5 minutes to go, is that right?
That's right, they scored that goal with around 5 and half minutes to go I think, I am pretty sure it was shortly after that goal the 5 minute warning came up on Ch 10

It is such a bitter pill to swallow

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Great words DSG and believe me I am sharing your pain...actually feel worse today if that is possible...just hard not to let the mind wander overe and over again as to what might have so easily been :roll:

But we must be very proud of Ross and the boys ..and the pain and sense of grief I am feeling is for them more than anything...will definately have some time away and are looking forward to this being old news next week.

Can't look forward to next year yet...just numb :(

Take care everyone!

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
saintly_safes
Club Player

Finding it extreamly hard to come to terms with.I carnt stop crying I cant eat i'm absolutely shattered.The thought of going back to work Monday without a premiership leaves me a flat a sh-- carters hat.It going to be a very long 6 months :cry:

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

I passed out on my bed with the cat sleeping on me only to wake a few hours later still drunk...