Didn't take it well!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Didn't take it well!

Had a great day early drinking with Thomas, Matrix,3 rd generation saint,Vietnam saint,pwoit, Barks,Joffa,Cowboy[fromSydney!] and the classy western saints Loris,Helen and Michele at the roof top at the corner...great to catch up guys!

As we were walking out VS was singing a stirring rendition of Oh when the saints!!!

The game itself was a litany of missed opportunity and at the end I was not gracious..spitting it big time at how near but yet do far...

Will take some time to get over this ...sick of being the honourable losers!!!!!

My gorgeous girl Cassie saved me from at least 5 conflicts on the way back to the crown carpark from the G :oops:

Will go to ground and try and regather some positives...just so damn hard to think about going around again..almost over investing so much emotionally.......my feelings now but who knows what another 24 hours will do...

Bloody hell its hard to be a saint :shock: ...proud but F#$king disappointing

:roll:
Last edited by saint patrick on Sat 26 Sep 2009 11:19pm, edited 5 times in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

With time and distance from the day, the strong ones among us will examine what went right and what went wrong with a dispassionate eye.
I intend to watch this game (every damn minute of it) because MY club helped to make it one of the best grand finals ever. We need to be able to CONFRONT (perceived) failure and get to grips with how we get it right for 2010!!!!!
I was hoping against hope that we would create history...the fact is that we did not. The task now for each one of us is to ask ourself how we can help win the big one NEXT year!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Just keep your eyes and ears out of the media. This 6pm-730pm time in perth is killing me hearing the news in the other room go on and on. Think I have heard the words ' Cats are premiers ' about 15 times now. starting to piss me off.

asiu

onya pat

had a testy one in front of me during the last quarter

its a continuing baptism of fire and ice when bleeding these colours

step up in '10 saints

Beej
Saintsational Legend

For some reason I just watched the Geelong presentation at Fed Square on tv. Difficult viewing but I just felt compelled to watch.

Since the game ended I've been constantly thinking of how we'd be feeling had we won, watching our boys presented on stage with cup in hand...

We'd be so excited with our weg posters ready for a St Kilda love-in to end all love-in's... thinking about next year and how much fun it would be going into a season as defending premiers... having the time of our lives.

It would've been such an amazing night.

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

I went to the Fed square thing and toughed it out .

thats all i can say about it

What will be next from this club ?
bigred
Saintsational Legend

You are a freakin Hellman VS

ultimate torture

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Not find it as hard to cope with as the last GF loss. In 1997 I lived next to the Adelaide Showgrounds, where they threw a presentation and welcome back party for the Crahs...I heard their lame song about 200 times that day. THAT was hard...at least today I'm only surrounded by Port supporters, most of whom watched the match and know better than to mouth off. Those who are not so smart have been referred to the AFL record losing margin in a GF.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

VietNam_Saint wrote:I went to the Fed square thing and toughed it out .

thats all i can say about it
Great to meet you mate..see you again next year heh!

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:at least today I'm only surrounded by Port supporters, most of whom watched the match and know better than to mouth off. Those who are not so smart have been referred to the AFL record losing margin in a GF.
That's it! At least we made those pricks really earn their premiership. Port turned up two years ago and basically got rogered from behind, in public and in broad daylight. they were left with no dignity. we at least came out with plenty of dignity.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Know where you are coming from but I have had with dignity...give me a freaking flag and I will show you dignity :shock: :roll: :wink:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
degruch wrote:at least today I'm only surrounded by Port supporters, most of whom watched the match and know better than to mouth off. Those who are not so smart have been referred to the AFL record losing margin in a GF.
That's it! At least we made those pricks really earn their premiership. Port turned up two years ago and basically got rogered from behind, in public and in broad daylight. they were left with no dignity. we at least came out with plenty of dignity.
Hehe...exactly. Also, Channel 9 Adelaide's "Geelong came out victors in a thriller against St Kilda today" sounds a hell of a lot better than some of the pathetic 'brave St Kilda' references I heard. :x

Oh, and Geelong didn't 'hold off a determined St Kilda', they fell over the line in he last 5 minutes. Geelong did not win, we lost...and it's bloody annoying.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Hehe...exactly. Also, Channel 9 Adelaide's "Geelong came out victors in a thriller against St Kilda today" sounds a hell of a lot better than some of the pathetic 'brave St Kilda' references I heard. :x

Oh, and Geelong didn't 'hold off a determined St Kilda', they fell over the line in he last 5 minutes. Geelong did not win, we lost...and it's bloody annoying.
i know all that how we were gallant in defeat and how we should be proud of the boys ect ect but a huge part of me just wishes we coulld do a Hawthorn and "steal" a flag !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Yep, proud of the boys but I haven't taken it real well myself.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

It sure hurts. But if you could do anything to help get the guys over the line next year...what might that be, and would you do it???

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
degruch
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:It sure hurts. But if you could do anything to help get the guys over the line next year...what might that be, and would you do it???
Send Peter Hudson around to teach 'em to kick! :x

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
satchmo wrote:It sure hurts. But if you could do anything to help get the guys over the line next year...what might that be, and would you do it???
Send Peter Hudson around to teach 'em to kick! :x
Yup.

Or may be as simple as being 100% freakin positive!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Know where you are coming from but I have had with dignity...give me a freaking flag and I will show you dignity :shock: :roll: :wink:
don't get me wrong, mate. i'm pretty far from feeling satisfied right now. what i'm saying is at least we can take some heart out of today's loss. port adelaide's experience in 2007 was a complete humiliation. nothing worse than going down like that.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

It was great meeting up with you yesterday St. Pat, I to was gutted, though it actually turned into a good night last night as I went to dinner in Chinatown (Sharkfin) with some old friends from the animal enclosure days, one of whom came out from Chicago for the game.
Like the dark days of old we came up with a moral victory and discovered a new reason too hate Hawthorn and Collingwood.
Hawthorn for beating them last year and Collingwood for not giving them a harder game last week.
But, unlike 1997, when we we're gutted and didn't look forward to the future, we see a much more sustained attack on the premiership from this group.
We won't lose anyone, despite what some people think on this forum, I wouldn't look at trading anyone who played yesterday, we have exciting young players on the fringe of being regular very good players.
We have the best fitness program in the competition, we are moving into the best training facilities in the comp.
The present may be upsetting as it should be, but it should also make everyone harder, hungrier and more determined for it next year.
Unlike 97 when we had a lot of individuals in that team, this year we have a team.
Yesterday's disappointment may be the dawn of a once in a lifetime era of success for this club.
It's only about 25 weeks to the start of the 2010 season, hell what am I going to do next Saturday? Worst Saturday of the year after the Grand Final, at a total loss as to what to do.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Raven
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:It was great meeting up with you yesterday St. Pat, I to was gutted, though it actually turned into a good night last night as I went to dinner in Chinatown (Sharkfin) with some old friends from the animal enclosure days, one of whom came out from Chicago for the game.
Like the dark days of old we came up with a moral victory and discovered a new reason too hate Hawthorn and Collingwood.
Hawthorn for beating them last year and Collingwood for not giving them a harder game last week.
But, unlike 1997, when we we're gutted and didn't look forward to the future, we see a much more sustained attack on the premiership from this group.
We won't lose anyone, despite what some people think on this forum, I wouldn't look at trading anyone who played yesterday, we have exciting young players on the fringe of being regular very good players.
We have the best fitness program in the competition, we are moving into the best training facilities in the comp.
The present may be upsetting as it should be, but it should also make everyone harder, hungrier and more determined for it next year.
Unlike 97 when we had a lot of individuals in that team, this year we have a team.
Yesterday's disappointment may be the dawn of a once in a lifetime era of success for this club.
It's only about 25 weeks to the start of the 2010 season, hell what am I going to do next Saturday? Worst Saturday of the year after the Grand Final, at a total loss as to what to do.
Was that you sitting in seat 11? It might not have been, could have been someone else in your group if you had seats 11-13 or something. I said hello but whoever it was in seat 11 didn't hear me, haha.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

M57 Seat 11, yeah it was me, sorry if I didn't notice, as good as a seat I'm ever going to get for a GF.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Thomas
Club Player

Pat was great to catch up with you and all the other boys as I wrote in another post it is a privilege to be part of the SS family.
Drove home after the game lots of blue and white scarf flying out of car windows, and there I was driving with tear flowing down my cheeks all the way home to Lara.

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

At least we are all showing that we supporters are made of strong stuff. I haven't watched any news on tv or radio. I did see Lenny and Joey's interview on the net as well as Ross Lyon's press conference. No one could hurt more than those guys.

Sitting down on Level 1 and right in front of the mark and kick on the siren, I am burned with the image of Lenny's total disappointment and that is where my energy is with today. With the players who gave everything and came up short.

To the players who didn't impact on the game or who made errors, they have to carry that today and I think that is painful enough. I will analyse the game eventually and I am aware of things that happened on the day but for today, I am not going to twist the knife.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Pretty much inconsolable yesterday.

Sat in my seat up in Q50 for about an hour or so after the game was won and lost. Had to sit through that god-awful durge a hundred times, but I couldnt move. Couldnt talk.

Punched the seat. Cried.

Didnt take it well at all.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

n1ck wrote:Pretty much inconsolable yesterday.

Sat in my seat up in Q50 for about an hour or so after the game was won and lost. Had to sit through that god-awful durge a hundred times, but I couldnt move. Couldnt talk.

Punched the seat. Cried.

Didnt take it well at all.
None of us spoke from about 5 mins left till we left the ground. About 30mins. We all just sat there... head in hands.