raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gosainters66
Club Player

raph

yes another raph post but sorry guys i have to say raph is not up to the standard

SAINTS FOR EVER
saintjake
Club Player

i like him,
yes at the start he did some TERRIBLE things.
but i really am coming around to the big fella.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

10 guys worse than raph today, had that costly mistake early but all the backmen make a couple of them a game

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

only played 50 odd games.

Now is when he will explode to go to the next level. Remember BJ etc.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

I'll tell you why Raph annoys me.

He's great 95% of the time, but occasionally plays as if he's on another planet. Like that time he got tackled by Rooke today.

Strange player.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

1st quarter wasnt the best, but he wasn't the only one thats for sure.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Will bashing individual players here alter the result? Please Folks! don't let your disappointment and frustration at a loss today, cloud your judgement. The team were let down by POOR KICKING!!! If we had built up the lead our play deserved we could have been praising Raph!!

No time for bitterness, let us build for NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SaintDebi
Club Player

As usual words of wisdom from thejiggingsaint.
There is no need and no point in bagging individual players.
I would guarantee there will be 22 guys tonight who are reliving the grand final, analysing their game, second guessing some of their decisions, questioning themselves, wondering "what if" and thinking "if only".
I doubt we could ever be as hard on them as they will be on themselves.

Yes it hurts. I'm gutted. But am I on board for next year? -you bet!

bozza1980
Club Player

ralphsmith wrote:He's great 95% of the time, but occasionally plays as if he's on another planet. Like that time he got tackled by Rooke today.
Was that the time a team mate peeled off for a handball rather than lay a sheperd??

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

bozza1980 wrote:
ralphsmith wrote:He's great 95% of the time, but occasionally plays as if he's on another planet. Like that time he got tackled by Rooke today.
Was that the time a team mate peeled off for a handball rather than lay a sheperd??
YES! So arguably not all Raphs fault as he probably trusted Gilbert to shephard. But gilb peeled off.

Hmm oh well.

older saint
SS Life Member

ralphsmith wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:
YES! So arguably not all Raphs fault as he probably trusted Gilbert to shephard. But gilb peeled off.

Hmm oh well.
think you find it was S Fisher, should have sheppard

Raph is a whipping dog but i thought was ok, i do get nervous when he gets the ball like all. Many worse than him

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:I'll tell you why Raph annoys me.

He's great 95% of the time, but occasionally plays as if he's on another planet. Like that time he got tackled by Rooke today.

Strange player.

Who was the saints player right behind him that didn't even try to sheppard for him?

widereceiver
Club Player

Re: raph

gosainters66 wrote:yes another raph post but sorry guys i have to say raph is not up to the standard
Oh for Christ's sake. Have a look at the forwards who didn't convert their opportunities. The defence did its job. If some of the show ponies could kick straight you'd be all over them. But they didn't. That is why we lost.

In words of one syllable,

That is why we lost.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
sainter123
Club Player

give the bloke a rest who else could do as well as him that is on our list that plays the same role??
the next person who would have been in line today would have been gwilt now hes alot better than him.haha
go sainters

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Raph made one error today that cost a goal.

The fact that he is not as fast as Byrnes is not his fault.

His game was pretty good in fact.

Why pick on Raph, when the forward line did SFA?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think he is one of our faster players, are you serious that you want to talk about trading our pace....why even talk about trading at all tonight?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I think he is one of our faster players, are you serious that you want to talk about trading our pace....why even talk about trading at all tonight?
Roo spoilt one of our guys coming out of defense, 2 kicks later Chapman goals to finish us off...if that doesn't say trade Roo to you, what the hell does??? We could get Fev or Pav!

Oh, and :roll:
:lol:

reincarnated

had a terrible first quarter. Look afriad and scared

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

This is the way he starts every game. He takes a while to get into the tempo of every game (remember against the Pies?). Apart from that c**k-up in the first 10 minutes, he was pretty good.

Gilbert made more defensive errors, including failing to play in front of Ablett in the last quarter, when clearly the ball was going to hold up in the breeze. Gilbert's last two finals have been more disappointing than Clarke's.

ace
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:

Hmm oh well.
He needs to realise that when you play on, you have to PLAY ON, not go on walkabout.
He may be a clanger prone individual but Silvagni has trained him to be part of the best defensive team ever.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
JABBER
Club Player

Raph

Raph was ok S Fisher didnt block Rooke for there first goal.

We play as a team Win Draw And Lose and if any dickheads want to blame players and staff should piss off and surport another team

trevor barker
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

mr six o'clock wrote:10 guys worse than raph today, had that costly mistake early but all the backmen make a couple of them a game
Are you kidding? "10 worse". That's laughable. No offence to him, but he had 3 HOWLERS in the first 10 minutes and his last quarter was a shocker as well, getting beaten time and again.
Time after time he looked like he was running on ice with runners, and had the turning circle of Steven King, while their little blokes danced around him like he was a witches-hat. Lets not even start on how many times he fell, or slipped over. And to think he was picked ahead of Max just makes me want to puke.
I don't blame him, because I believe he did his best, but I really believe if we'd had Max instead, we'd have won, possibly quite comfortably. Gilbert or Blake could have gone out to his spot, with Max on the last line. Not his fault, he doesn't pick the team.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
GrumpyOne

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:10 guys worse than raph today, had that costly mistake early but all the backmen make a couple of them a game
Are you kidding? "10 worse". That's laughable. No offence to him, but he had 3 HOWLERS in the first 10 minutes and his last quarter was a shocker as well, getting beaten time and again.
Time after time he looked like he was running on ice with runners, and had the turning circle of Steven King, while their little blokes danced around him like he was a witches-hat. Lets not even start on how many times he fell, or slipped over. And to think he was picked ahead of Max just makes me want to puke.
I don't blame him, because I believe he did his best, but I really believe if we'd had Max instead, we'd have won, possibly quite comfortably. Gilbert or Blake could have gone out to his spot, with Max on the last line. Not his fault, he doesn't pick the team.
You have an opinion, and you're welcome to express it, but what is the point of going through the ""What Ifs""?

Ross said it right, an extra 10% needed.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

How about to learn from them?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SuperSaint
Club Player

I did the cardinal sin and watched the replay this morning after wanting to erase it as soon as I got home yesterday. Raph Clarke plays with NO urgency or desperation and he is too indecisive. His second efforts can be read a mile away, that's how slow his reaction time is. I always hoped Max would come in for him and watching the replay reinforced my belief that this was the only decision this year that I did not agree with Lyon. Max would have been more inspiring to his teammates out there yesterday and this will always make the loss even more bitter to me.