My Thoughts

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

My Thoughts

Well, the time has come, as someone posted a while ago, who would have believed this at quarter time in Round 1, but here we are.
We have seen the most extrordinary season from a St.Kilda team, none of us could have dreamed of us being as dominant as we we're.
There's only one act to do to complete it and that is win tomorrow.
All week, I've had a special feeling, a feeling that our greatest dream was about to come true.
All the hype about Geelong is just that, hype, the only place they do have an advantage over us is their Grand Final experience, but it didn't help them last year and I believe last year was their chance for real greatness and they blew it.
This year, they weren't the dominant side and tomorrow they will find that they have been passed.
If we come to play tomorrow, and one has to think we will, then we will win, rain, hail or shine.
In fact the wet will take away one of their best weapons against us and that's Wojinski's speed.
We need to be hard, we need too tackle and we need to put so much pressure on them, especially their defence that they make mistake after mistake.
If that happens, they will lose confidence, and the nightmare of last year will come flooding back.
I have been a St.Kilda supporter since 1965 when I arrived here with my family from the U.S.
My first game was with my Grandfather, the 1966 second semi, I joined the cheer squad in 1971 and have barely missed a game since.
I love this club, now my loyalty, well all of our loyalties are about to be rewarded.
As my note says below, "WE MUST HAVE WAITED ALL OF OUR LIVES FOR THIS MOMENT." Well our moment has come.
I am about to go to the airport to pick up my brother who is due in at 10pm.
All I can say is:-
"GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

great post

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
asiu

bring it home boys

its our flag

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Never wanted anyone to be more right in my whole life.

If we win, this post should be stickied.

BTW 3rd gen, do you still have an American accent? :D

I've never heard of an American losing their accent.

yipper
SS Life Member

Our moment is indeed upon us now. I am 51 and have been waiting for this day for 43 years. I am now very nervous but excited as well.

I went through the 80's hardly missing a game, but only because Trevor Barker was playing. I never thought we would / could get to this day...ever.

Now we are a power club, stable, well coached and super talented. We have our own destiny in our hands. We have a wonderful opportunity to make history tomorrow, to become legends. The emotional ride I will have tomorrow will be a long, stressful and tense one, win and I will be like all the other long-time sainters who have longed for this day. Relieved, emotional and happy. BUT ABOVE ALL - PROUD AS PUNCH.

It is our time now, Nick Riewoldt and Lenny Hayes need to take us to that place we have only experienced once. They can do it - THEY WILL DO IT. Proud that they have got there, be even prouder when Nick holds up the cup. I am ready for this - I want to see this. NOW IS THE TIME. GO SAINTS.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Finna
Club Player

Phenomenal Post.
Awesome....

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

OLB here I still have a bit of it, when I visit my other brother in LA I sound like an Australian to them.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Re: My Thoughts

3rd generation saint wrote:Well, the time has come, as someone posted a while ago, who would have believed this at quarter time in Round 1, but here we are.
We have seen the most extrordinary season from a St.Kilda team, none of us could have dreamed of us being as dominant as we we're.
There's only one act to do to complete it and that is win tomorrow.
All week, I've had a special feeling, a feeling that our greatest dream was about to come true.
All the hype about Geelong is just that, hype, the only place they do have an advantage over us is their Grand Final experience, but it didn't help them last year and I believe last year was their chance for real greatness and they blew it.
This year, they weren't the dominant side and tomorrow they will find that they have been passed.
If we come to play tomorrow, and one has to think we will, then we will win, rain, hail or shine.
In fact the wet will take away one of their best weapons against us and that's Wojinski's speed.
We need to be hard, we need too tackle and we need to put so much pressure on them, especially their defence that they make mistake after mistake.
If that happens, they will lose confidence, and the nightmare of last year will come flooding back.
I have been a St.Kilda supporter since 1965 when I arrived here with my family from the U.S.
My first game was with my Grandfather, the 1966 second semi, I joined the cheer squad in 1971 and have barely missed a game since.
I love this club, now my loyalty, well all of our loyalties are about to be rewarded.
As my note says below, "WE MUST HAVE WAITED ALL OF OUR LIVES FOR THIS MOMENT." Well our moment has come.
I am about to go to the airport to pick up my brother who is due in at 10pm.
All I can say is:-
"GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Beautifully articulated :wink:

Was attempting the same sort of last minute post but after big day at the player parade and several beers on the way home to soothe the grand final eve nerves you have saved me the trouble... 8-)

Beautifully said...

Stay strong everyone..our team has given us reason to have faith so just believe ...

Hope to be celebrating with you all from tommorrow night...

GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTERS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.