GRAND FINAL TICKETS THREAD - POST HERE IF SELLING OR BUYING

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

GRAND FINAL TICKETS THREAD - POST HERE IF SELLING OR BUYING

From the Victorian State Government Department of Planning and Community Development. (Page 12 The Age sport section Friday 25th Sept)
Supporters should be aware it is illegal for a 2009 Toyota AFL Grand Final ticket to be sold for a premium on its own or as part of a package deal unless the seller is authorised in writing by the AFL.

Under the Major Sporting Events Act 2009, it is illegal to on-sell AFL Grand Final tickets at a premium, unless the seller is authorised by the AFL.

Breaching this Act by on-selling tickets without AFL authorisation can result in heavy fines in excess of $7,000 for an individual and $35,000 for a company.

Purchasing a ticket from an unauthorised seller can result in the ticket holder being denied entry to the event.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

BonoRocks was selling a ticket in section Q Olympic Stand the ticketed price should be this

Section Q is divided into two sections...

Standard $161

Prime $213

It is irrelevant how much the poster paid for the ticket and the post in the locked thread should be deleted and any other post that are stating inflated prices.

Again, it does not matter how much a poster paid for the ticket

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
BonoRocks
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:BonoRocks was selling a ticket in section Q Olympic Stand the ticketed price should be this

Standard $161

Prime $213

It is irrelevant how much the poster paid for the ticket and the post in the locked thread should be deleted and any other post that are stating inflated prices.

guys im not trying to start anything here or get anyone in strife, the ticket that i may have doesnt even have any prices on it like the others. Would have thought this isnt a problem

Anyway should have stayed in the background reading everything like i normally do. Im sure people can search how long ive been around and my posts and not someone just trying to make a buck. I feel for all these poeple who missed out and obviously love this club like me and my family. Seems I should have not mentioned this. I just trying to put up an option for the many desperate saints fans on this website

Guys should i get my son in tomorrow, hang around the mcg tomorrow and you might get lucky and get handed a ticket that we dont need as even though i forked out that money for it, im not going to let someone miss out who could possibly use it

obviously preferred option would be to recover the money we paid

this ticket may not even be available, i was just giving people a heads up should it be

golden hawk
Club Player

Grand final tickets are under a certain act yes may have no price but charging more then you paid is called scalping and is illegal !

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

If I walk past a scalper tomorrow, I'll be tempted to belt them, take the ticket and give it to someone outside the ground.....

:twisted:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

BonoRocks wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:BonoRocks was selling a ticket in section Q Olympic Stand the ticketed price should be this

Standard $161

Prime $213

guys im not trying to start anything here or get anyone in strife, the ticket that i may have doesnt even have any prices on it like the others. Would have thought this isnt a problem

Anyway should have stayed in the background reading everything like i normally do. Im sure people can search how long ive been around and my posts and not someone just trying to make a buck. I feel for all these poeple who missed out and obviously love this club like me and my family. Seems I should have not mentioned this. I just trying to put up an option for the many desperate saints fans on this website

Guys should i get my son in tomorrow, hang around the mcg tomorrow and you might get lucky and get handed a ticket that we dont need as even though i forked out that money for it, im not going to let someone miss out who could possibly use it

this ticket may not even be available, i was just giving people a heads up should it be
It really does not matter if the ticket does not have a price

The ticket you are trying to sell is either a Standard or a Prime ticket and the listed price of the ticket is either ..

Standard $161

Prime $213

Not $800.

Again, it does not matter how much you paid for the ticket by an on seller.

It is illegal simple as that.

I do not want this site closed down by promoting something that is illegal and even having it listed as a sticky

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

BonoRocks wrote:

Standard $161

Prime $213

You wanted to sell a ticket that you may have 1-1.5 hours before the game for $800. :shock: :shock:
Can you explain to me how this isn't scalping?

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
golden hawk
Club Player

i did try to warn all even put the rule and a herald sun story about scalping in that thread !

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:If I walk past a scalper tomorrow, I'll be tempted to belt them, take the ticket and give it to someone outside the ground.....

:twisted:
Would join you for the beatdown!

GO CELTS and GO SAINTS!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
barkerdaman

Grand Final Ticket for Sale

one ticket.
Gate 6
Q17 row L seat 16
call Kevin
sale price, same as what i paid.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Grand Final Ticket for Sale

barkerdaman wrote:one ticket.
Gate 6
Q17 row L seat 16
call Kevin
Q17 is AFL Members Reserve..

So you are an AFL Member and not on selling the ticket for the second time?

and that price is what an AFL Reserve Member would pay?

If so, all is good IMO

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Grand Final Ticket for Sale

St Fidelius wrote:
barkerdaman wrote:one ticket.
Gate 6
Q17 row L seat 16
call Kevin
Q17 is AFL Members Reserve..

So you are an AFL Member and not on selling the ticket for the second time?

and that price is what an AFL Reserve Member would pay?

If so, all is good IMO
Very risky buying tickets to the AFL reserve. Make sure you get a money back guarantee on it.

Halo amongst Cats

I have standing room ticket for sale.Pm if interested.

Saint trapped amongst Cats
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Mine is on the cusp by the looks of the map on the net - q27.

Edit: should point out that I am not selling but merely wondering if there is overlap between the AFL members section and seats where I am as I am SC members and the map shows AFL seating.
Last edited by Gabba on Fri 25 Sep 2009 11:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fid - if bono, for example, was to sell his seat + a footy card for $800 then that is fine, as it's a package deal, not seat only.

St Michele
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:St Fid - if bono, for example, was to sell his seat + a footy card for $800 then that is fine, as it's a package deal, not seat only.
No it is only package deal authorised by the AFL.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

St Michele wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:St Fid - if bono, for example, was to sell his seat + a footy card for $800 then that is fine, as it's a package deal, not seat only.
Here is where the issue lies. The AFL have ensured that onselling AFL tickets is prohibited under the guise of worrying that the supporters are being ripped off. Yet, they are allowed to package up these tickets directly and through their 'approved resellers' for $1300+? Does anyone see the real issue here? Yet there are plenty on here that are blaming the club because social club members and foundation social club members received standing room tickets? I know who I would be blaming and who I would be taking issue with and it ain't the St Kilda football club.......

To those who need tickets, if you can get them and can be assured of their validity, I would pay almost anything for a ticket if I did not already have one......

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
St Michele wrote:
Here is where the issue lies. The AFL have ensured that onselling AFL tickets is prohibited under the guise of worrying that the supporters are being ripped off. Yet, they are allowed to package up these tickets directly and through their 'approved resellers' for $1300+? Does anyone see the real issue here? Yet there are plenty on here that are blaming the club because social club members and foundation social club members received standing room tickets? I know who I would be blaming and who I would be taking issue with and it ain't the St Kilda football club.......

To those who need tickets, if you can get them and can be assured of their validity, I would pay almost anything for a ticket if I did not already have one......

what he said.

Newman
Club Player

Halo Amongst Cats - got someone interested in one ticket. Call Newman if still available 0407 750694

walski
Club Player

Also looking for ticket please contact 0403782628 if anyone can assist....

Standing would be excepted ;)

bigmicka
Club Player

I got a phone call an hour ago, ofering a free ticket, which I passed up.

Is there the demand like previous years? Or is it going to be like the superbpwl this year, when scalpers couldn't make anything above face value on a ticket.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.