Johnson & Chapman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Johnson & Chapman

Surely Johnson and Chapman, whilst they are gun players, may have some issues running out a high impact, fast run game due to their past injury records???

I can imagine no bench for Geelong going into the last quarter and some very tired players trying to hold back a St Kilda tide!

Looking at the ages and games played for each side, it looks relatively even. The thing that appears better on paper to me is that we’ve got a side who looks as if they could handle more of the run this game will produce.

No doubt Schnides and Milney must fire, produce goals and apply pressure for us to run the Cats into the ground!

Thoughts anyone??

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
aussiejones
Club Player

Their recent 'outs' have returned just in time , but they must be suspect in a hard grinding St Kilda game. We are not another Collingwood of last weekend.... we had a tough game but that probably did us good .

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else surprised Stevie J played 80% game time last week?

paws
Club Player

i expect both of them to murder us

paws for thought
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

injection to stevie j obviously... but if we nullify them with gilbert and dempster its a loooong way to winning there fwd line looks crap without them.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:injection to stevie j obviously... but if we nullify them with gilbert and dempster its a loooong way to winning there fwd line looks crap without them.
there's no way known dempster will play on chapman. chapman's way too quick for him. dempster will play third tall forward on harley or milburn.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Dempster slow? Ummm I think you'll find he's actually quite quick and he will go to either stevie j or chapman...

He looks slow when he plays forward because he is a decoy and that is not his natural position..

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think Chapman will run out the game just fine

Johnson's impact you would expect to down due to lack of match fitness ditto Ottens

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Chapman is the problem... he was so good against us last time I hope ross has worked a hell of alot in finding how to nullify him (in ross we trust) but of course he has....

Chapman is THE leader in the Geelong lineup hard tough uncompromising.... I hope whoever gets the job does it extremely well.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Looks like there goes my lame theory :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Johnson & Chapman

St. Luke wrote:Surely Johnson and Chapman, whilst they are gun players, may have some issues running out a high impact, fast run game due to their past injury records???
With them and Ottens plus one or two others such as Rooke I believe that the Saints will have a fitness edge and that this could be telling in the last quarter if the game is close or the Saints are in froint.

This is predicated by the first 3 quartes being hard and exhausting....

The Cats often start well, even though last time against they did not and so it is important for the saints that the Cats do not gert off toa great start which could open up the game making it less taxing.

I am reminded of the Pies/Crows match where the underdone Birdman Burton was real liability in the last quarter as his stamina was spent.

So IMO we haveafitness adavantage, but that will only come to fore if our players ensure that it is avery taxing match.

Also this is issue and concern was probably one reason (in addition to Zac being better offensively) why Max was not selected. The risk of him going down and leaving us 21 to 22 would hurt in the rotations.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
mightysainters wrote:injection to stevie j obviously... but if we nullify them with gilbert and dempster its a loooong way to winning there fwd line looks crap without them.
there's no way known dempster will play on chapman. chapman's way too quick for him. dempster will play third tall forward on harley or milburn.
Dempster ain't slow and Chapman ain't quick.

Both are very strong.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
flyingwhale18
Club Player

Both Dempster and Chapman are units. i think Dempster has the strength to go to chappy though.

team: oh when the saints!
milne: oh when the saints...
team: go marching in!
milne: GO MARCHING IN!
SuperSaint
Club Player

paws wrote:i expect both of them to murder us
Now that's real positive. How about changing your thinking to our defence "murdering" them tomorrow. :)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:
Now that's real positive. How about changing your thinking to our defence "murdering" them tomorrow. :)
I think by 'us', Paws means Geelong. :wink:

Imagine how many trolls would be on here if we were playing Carlton!?!

claystreet
Club Player

Loser comment

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

claystreet wrote:
Loser comment
I guess the username doesn't give away any clues......

S.A Saint
Club Player

claw your way back to where you came from flog

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

The reason we sadly dropped one of our legendary heroes will become prevalent tomorrow! Geelong will come to realize this when some of their "big names" lose some of their shine!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:The reason we sadly dropped one of our legendary heroes will become prevalent tomorrow! Geelong will come to realize this when some of their "big names" lose some of their shine!
I am curious to see how their older bodies hold up, Milburn for example, seemed to really struggle when Collingwood had them under pressure in the first half.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:The reason we sadly dropped one of our legendary heroes will become prevalent tomorrow! Geelong will come to realize this when some of their "big names" lose some of their shine!
Just which champion was dropped!!!

saint4life
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Just which champion was dropped!!!
Agree. Eddy's looking like he may be a player and all, but I reckon labelling him a 'champion' is probably a bit premature...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Well......we've almost got one of em down!

The lame theory isn't looking too bad atm :lol: