To Max

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

devil saint
Club Player

Max you are a true superstar!!! Love you for everything you have done for our club. The loyalty and dedication you have shown will not be forgotten. I'm so sad you are not playing. You deserve it so much!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
CaptainReiwoldt wrote:No doubt you are a stkilda legend BUT if you start sooking and going against the team then F YOU!!

You still have a job to do. You can motivate, shopw your teams colours but im guessing you wont you will go and have a sook you selfish prick and if you do then we wont love you anymore... this is where your loyalty is tested its easy when you are first picked but lets see how much you can take your own medicine and support the team from the sides.

upto you maxy. be part of the team and win with us.
WTF is your problem?
Brainless hero that probably never once pulled on a football boot.

Hopefully he is about 14.y.o because if he is any older than that - the above quote is just embarrassing.

Something I would expect Nick Columb to post. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

well done to the tosser who has ruined this thread - you want to have a go at selfish behaviour? have a good hard look at yourself!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
claystreet
Club Player

Hes been bagging Max in a few threads, Mods sweep the floor with this idiot

starsign
Club Player

CaptainReiwoldt wrote:No doubt you are a stkilda legend BUT if you start sooking and going against the team then F YOU!!

You still have a job to do. You can motivate, shopw your teams colours but im guessing you wont you will go and have a sook you selfish prick and if you do then we wont love you anymore... this is where your loyalty is tested its easy when you are first picked but lets see how much you can take your own medicine and support the team from the sides.

You would't be good enough to even carry his bag you absolute tosser!

older saint
SS Life Member

Well done Max on a great Career.

People please remember he has retired not died!

SaintDebi
Club Player

I try very hard to always respect the views of other posters and I have never consciously denagrated or put anybody down, but YOU IDIOT.

How dare you sprout all that crap about team spirit and support for our team, when you obviously have no idea what any of that means.
And don't you dare speak for me in saying Max won't be loved. I love Max for all that he has done for our club. He has more integrity in his little finger than you will ever have.

Max has every right to look and be disappointed. He is human for God's sake!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Max has been a fantastic and loyal servant of the club, and we are indebted to him for his contribution. He is also a sharp unit and could be a valuable acquisition to our coaching staff, and perhaps even our board in the future.

Whatever the future holds for Max, he will always be one of us, and as far as I am concerned he is family!

Thanks Max.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
goyousaints
Club Player

Your a legend Max,you would have died for St Kilda,we wont forget what you have done for us brother

saints4ever
Club Player

Always a legend of the club and one of my fav players - Thanks Max for your contribution, effort and loyalty to the Saints!! :D

FullMonty
Club Player

Max,

Whilst I can understand the selection dilemna the saints faced I can only sit back and sigh at the effort you have put in over many years.
If only every saint had bled for this team like you have we would have far more than the one cup to show for our efforts.
Congrats on a fantastic career in footy and all the best for the future.

Fullmonty! :)

Montyrules!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for your courage Max and thanks for your tears. You're St Kilda through and through and will always be a favourite son. All the best for your future away from football.

Cheers Maxy

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:Hope my Daughters handwritten letter sent in the mail found it's way to Max.
Great player with a big heart.
May not be playing this weekend but will always be a member of The StKilda 2009 Premiership team
I bet it did and I bet hes read it and I bet you'll hear back from him...

Treated my daughter like a princess when she took flowers to him at training after "that" game v Doggies in 2000

Champion bloke of the highest order

If this is indeed the end Max, you'll continue to have a special place in the hearts of our household...thanks for the memories

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
gosainters66
Club Player

the man who loved the game but loved his club more

SAINTS FOR EVER
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

barneyboyz wrote:

I simply cannot believe in all my years as a Sainter I read this dribble?? it takes all sorts I know, but ffs??? ffs...
The Captain is a first rate ass clown. He's proven this over many posts, especially ones in games we've been challenged. He talks about sooks, well he should know...his rantings in the first North Melbourne game thread were particularly amusing in a sad way. As strong as jelly he is. To hear him talk about colours is quite funny, he has none, he's transparent! Someone must have helped him spell Captain...he's a disgrace!

midas_touch
Club Player

Thanks for the 13 years of wonderful service for our club Maxy.

Will always be a champion, and never forgotten.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

So he's officially retired??? I can't believe it!

I hope we're not in here trying to nail the coffin lid down and he hasn't called it!

I'd like to say I'm gutted he's missed out. But I understand, and so would Max as to the reasons why.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

NO you get me wrong I love max as much maybe more than most of you... CHAMPION LEGEND thanks for bleeding for the red white and black BUT dont let yourself down you still have a VERY IMPORTANT PART IN THIS GRAND FINAL. MAX if you get pissed at the club and bring bad feelings into this week then that could break us ... if you get behind em coach somewhat then that will HELP us... get it??

ok so i was a bit harsh before to automatically assume he might sook its just IM SO USED TO THESE LITTLE THINGs fing up our chances in years gone past. sorry max i love you.

Gilbert The Great
Club Player

i know that we dont censor this forum, but i find this in particuarly poor taste and would argue in this situation the post being deleted is justified.

Max has been the coner stone to St. Kilda's defence for years, a real champ who never left anything in the changerooms. St. Kilda will be worse off with out the passion he brings to the club, it is always a sad day when a true champion retires. All the best Max.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

he's handled himself much better than Stokes, that's for sure

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Can we just leave the negative crap out of this thread.

Max has been a great servant of the club and that is that.

Please show respect and unity.

If we win the flag, he has contributed to that as has every player that has pulled on the Red, White and Black jumper.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Thanks Max.

St kilda champion.

One of the best backmen to ever pull on the Red White And Black.

Thank you Max Hudgeton.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

So mAx is officially retiring?

That's a shame - such an utter servant of the club - like Loewey, burke, Harves and Winmar - they all deserved a flag.... so disappointing that none of them will get one.

I was going to say I hate to sour this threrad with some bitter ranting but someon has already done that so I'm more inclined now...

It is a disgrace that players don't get a premiership medal just because they don't make the team. I reckon if they have played even one game that season, they have played an integral part in the team and therefore deserve a premiership medallion - but I spose where would you draw the line then? Next we'd be giving them to Harvey, Loewe, Burke and the like...

*sigh*

Thank you for toiling with this club for so long max, you are a true Sainter, and I just know despite what some pedantic twats might say, you. just like Harvey will be crying with joy should we bring home the bacon on Saturday...

saintnick12
Club Player

[quote="OneEyedSainter77"]So mAx is officially retiring?

Word is that he told the club in August that he was definately retiring. Which was around the same time he was told he wouldn't be getting a game unless there was an injury.

Its such a shame for it to end like this, but the team has to come first. I hope he's still in the parade tomorrow with his kids. (quite often there will be extra players in the parade). I've seem him at the footy a few times with his kids. Late in the season I saw him lining up in the food stall at Etihad to buy his young son some chips. Such a down to earth guy... He's grown up before our eyes..from the young guy made an example of and shouted at by Stan Alves, to the tears after the Bulldogs game, to an elder statesman of the team. How time flies.

It sounds like he has set himself up well outside of footy so all the best with that Max. We'll really miss you!!!I hope you stay involved with the club in some capacity.

lefty
Club Player

er I dont think he has retired just yet....??

I think he could go on one more year, love max, best full back I've seen, Ive seen those spearing low passes with the full forward leading fast and max has been right there and punched it away, dont think I've seen any other fb do that consistantly.... usually one the ff is on a lead with a spearing pass its guareenteed shot on goal, but not when you've got maxy :)

Still remember one game running backwards, someone coming, didnt flinch, cant remember if he marked it, was awesome :)