AFL Policy for entry for my 5 y/o son (possible spare ticket

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BonoRocks
Club Player

AFL Policy for entry for my 5 y/o son (possible spare ticket

Hello

Does this policy stand for finals.

http://www.afl.com.au/portals/0/afl_doc ... policy.pdf

Today I have paid $800 for another ticket for my sister. We had our social club allocation but she isnt social club and missed out. But if this policy stands and my son can be carried in it would mean my niece can use his concession ticket, my sister use the adult ticket by 12 y/o niece was going to use and I have the ticket I bought today spare.

Sorry for the long storey, all I would want to do is make sure we gain entry with my son then I could call someone if they were nearby or willing to come in. The ticket I have is in Q52

Obviously I would want to recover what I paid for it, we were going to try and get him in anyway and pass on my ticket to someone else as no one will be sitting in that seat as my son sits on my knee so he can see. But according to this link i shouldnt need to and should walk straight in.

Im not trying to make money on this transaction my sister called me in tears on monday and I paid whatever I had to to obtain the tcket, that seems if id checked beforehand I might not have needed.

Thoughts appreicated

thanks !

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Where did you manage to score a ticket today for $800? Might be helpful if you could let us know so that a few forum members who missed out may also be able to use this option if they can afford to.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintnick12
Club Player

I thought it was 4 and under free for the finals. I just looked it up through the AFL website and it says

CONCESSION AND JUNIOR POLICY
Children aged 3-14 are eligible to purchase a concession ticket. Children aged
two and under are entitled to enter the ground at no charge, however, they must
not occupy a seat.

BonoRocks
Club Player

saint75 wrote:Where did you manage to score a ticket today for $800? Might be helpful if you could let us know so that a few forum members who missed out may also be able to use this option if they can afford to.
gumtree website someone already put a link up to it in the tickets thread.
Last edited by BonoRocks on Thu 24 Sep 2009 9:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

BonoRocks
Club Player

saintnick12 wrote:I thought it was 4 and under free for the finals. I just looked it up through the AFL website and it says

not occupy a seat.
thanks, are you able to send the link as the link i had is from the afl website, but i only found it by google, afl junior ticket policy or something similar

im thinking if printing it off and arguing tooth and nail if they ask at the gate. no one is going to use the other seat i have so if someone else can use the extra ticket would be great, im not going to use the seat anyway, but i wouldnt part with it until my son is in the ground.

saintnick12
Club Player

BonoRocks wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:I thought it was 4 and under free for the finals. I just looked it up through the AFL website and it says

not occupy a seat.
thanks, are you able to send the link as the link i had is from the afl website, but i only found it by google, afl junior ticket policy or something similar

im thinking if printing it off and arguing tooth and nail if they ask at the gate. no one is going to use the other seat i have so if someone else can use the extra ticket would be great, im not going to use the seat anyway, but i wouldnt part with it until my son is in the ground.

http://www.afl.com.au/portals/0/2009/fi ... ickets.pdf

I agree, I would print a copy of the normal policy and just try anyway. This one wasn't that easy to find so is obviously not that well known. Carry him as well so he looks younger. What are they going to do...send him home by himself. Its not like you can buy another ticket for him.
I have a two year old myself and was thinking of taking him, but I just don't think he can handle it based on the few games I took him to this year. He gets too scared by the crowd which is fair enough. Hope your 5 year old enjoys it. Let us know how you go.

BonoRocks
Club Player

saintnick12 wrote:
BonoRocks wrote:

not occupy a seat.

http://www.afl.com.au/portals/0/2009/fi ... ickets.pdf

I agree, I would print a copy of the normal policy and just try anyway. This one wasn't that easy to find so is obviously not that well known. Carry him as well so he looks younger. What are they going to do...send him home by himself. Its not like you can buy another ticket for him.
I have a two year old myself and was thinking of taking him, but I just don't think he can handle it based on the few games I took him to this year. He gets too scared by the crowd which is fair enough. Hope your 5 year old enjoys it. Let us know how you go.
thanks, im going to try it anyway, if someone out there wants to take the chance of a phone call about an hour or hour and a half before the game, send me your number via pm and i will give you a call shouls it work. ive obviously forked out a lot fot the ticket so would want to recover it. i'll gladly show you the email from the guy to show im not taking them for a ride.

Cheers !

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Wear a big and long overcoat!