eddy doing running drill on his own ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gosainters66
Club Player

eddy doing running drill on his own ?

i noticed that eddy was doing some type of running drill on his own in the later part of training , was it some sort of fitness test ?

SAINTS FOR EVER
Batnoe

No he's fit, that is what he is good at, not good at finding the ball so he may as well work on his strengths, running around not near the ball

Well done Eddy

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:No he's fit, that is what he is good at, not good at finding the ball so he may as well work on his strengths, running around not near the ball

Well done Eddy
p**s off, 3 days out from a grand final and you bag players like that

guys played a handful of games , still learning to believe, do you remember waht #32 was like before this year

go and take a good hard look

markp
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
Batnoe wrote:No he's fit, that is what he is good at, not good at finding the ball so he may as well work on his strengths, running around not near the ball

Well done Eddy
p**s off, 3 days out from a grand final and you bag players like that

guys played a handful of games , still learning to believe, do you remember waht #32 was like before this year

go and take a good hard look
+1

So many cheify's who bag players but wouldn't last 30 seconds out there.

Pathetic.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

There has been multiple threads about Eddy over the past few days, people are entitled to their opinion but surely they could all be contained to one?

Ross has always given players opportunity by giving them games in succession, and most prove their value in a short space of time. We wouldn't have many of our current list firing, if it wasn't for this patient approach...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Well done Eddy
im with batnoe here. we have a gf ffs . its not player develop time. ffs if chapman or stevie j kick 5 ill be fuming. we just cant afford to not have 22 contributors and we need someone to stop those 2. geelong are good.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Well done Eddy
im with batnoe here. we have a gf ffs . its not player develop time. ffs if chapman or stevie j kick 5 ill be fuming. we just cant afford to not have 22 contributors and we need someone to stop those 2. geelong are good.
Then have a go at Ross Lyon not Eddy, it's not his fault he is picked.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
squiz
Club Player

round 14 re-watch

We may complain about Eddy not doing enough and it is true.BUT
Geary did even less in round 14
The last game Dawson played was very weak. Was pushed off the ball
way to easy.
If lyon swaps out Eddy I think Qwilt should be the one.
Anyway King will be an improvement from the last time out with the Cats.
Hopefully Ball can do a lot more
Ray has to improve.Raphael played OK against the Cats
So I think St Kilda team unchanged
Just hope Gardiner and Gilbert have another blinder.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Not down on Eddy, he does his job most of the time...I just think there may be more suitible players this weekend. Of those not in the team, Gwilt and Dempster would have to the be serious considerations IMO, and Eddy the most likely target for replacement. Not that he's a terrible player, just not in top form at this point of the season.

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Well done Eddy
Then have a go at Ross Lyon not Eddy, it's not his fault he is picked.
Great point, not sure why we have persisted with him in the finals when Dempster is in the wings with previous GF experience,,,,, mind you, I am still flummoxed as to why Fiona was able to get a run in the Prelim last year... but I guess In Ross We Trust... :wink:

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think this week is no time for small talk and sentimentality- I think Eddy is probably a great young bloke and might have a carreer ahead of him - but if he's doing his job I hope Ross doesn't give any of the other players a similar role - or they will all get 4 touches like he did last week. We will not win this week without all 22 contributing a massive effort - this is not the time to give a young bloke a go. I think Dempster will probably get the nod, although I see an opportunity for Max considering Geelong's forward options of Mooney, Hawkins and Ottensm - I can see an argument for Guilt, Armatige and even Geary - but Eddy has been given plenty of opportunity and if there is a role he is doing and at this point doing it well I'm buggered if I can work out it is.

Milton66
SS Life Member

You lot are a fairdinkum disgrace bagging Eddy. No one has a clue what his role is and why he is selected.

If you reckon you can do a better job, then apply for the job as coach.

Otherwise, STFU and leave Eddy alone. If he's good enough, he'll get selected. If not, then so be it.

Fairdinkum bunch of armchair experts. :roll:

We have a GF, so let's support the boys 100%.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Should Bally maybe get dropped instead of Eddy?

Milton66
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Should Bally maybe get dropped instead of Eddy?
Is being a 1st class tool a gift you were born with? Or did you have to work at it?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
Is being a 1st class tool a gift you were born with? Or did you have to work at it?
Are you a different Milton tonight? Sarcasim.

Batnoe

ok, so Eddy is good?!!

Yeah he has potential and is a good runner and agasint Geelong will be found out...

I do not want to give kids a game for the sake of it....And by the way, i know my footy so get stuffed....Im not some arm chair expert that knows nothing

Our captain coached our senior team to 3 premierships starting when i was 17, again, by using people like Eddy and giving them a role, but we are StKilda, we have 8 players who can do the same thing if they are given that role

Geary is a more exciting prospect, can kick a goal from 55m on the run to turn the game and get over 15 touches. Dempster has runs on the board and is a premiership player, Max is a great defender and he may not even get a run.

If you are saying Eddy deserves a go instead of an old classic timer like Max then you, my friend, have rocks in your head

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:ok, so Eddy is good?!!

Yeah he has potential and is a good runner and agasint Geelong will be found out...

I do not want to give kids a game for the sake of it....And by the way, i know my footy so get stuffed....Im not some arm chair expert that knows nothing

Our captain coached our senior team to 3 premierships starting when i was 17, again, by using people like Eddy and giving them a role, but we are StKilda, we have 8 players who can do the same thing if they are given that role

Geary is a more exciting prospect, can kick a goal from 55m on the run to turn the game and get over 15 touches. Dempster has runs on the board and is a premiership player, Max is a great defender and he may not even get a run.

If you are saying Eddy deserves a go instead of an old classic timer like Max then you, my friend, have rocks in your head
What has Max got to do with Eddy?

Batnoe

Nothing- why should a player like Eddy who gets 4 touches in a game be given a game ahead of Max who is an old timer and tries his heart out.

Yes, it is future vs past, but Max will also do a job so if we talk about Eddy being able to do a job for the team, i am sure Max will too and i think If Eddy is out, then Max is the obvious choice

on balance for team it has to be Geary or Armo if Eddy is out, but i think Dempster will get it

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Nothing- why should a player like Eddy who gets 4 touches in a game be given a game ahead of Max who is an old timer and tries his heart out.

Yes, it is future vs past, but Max will also do a job so if we talk about Eddy being able to do a job for the team, i am sure Max will too and i think If Eddy is out, then Max is the obvious choice

on balance for team it has to be Geary or Armo if Eddy is out, but i think Dempster will get it
So is Max in for Eddy or one of the other guys. Im confused.

Milton66
SS Life Member

So you seriously think that if Eddy wasn't good enough, then RL would still select him?

So you played footy. Woo farking hoo. You obviously know more than RL because you played under 17's.

Yeap, real armcahir expert... let's pick Max, even thought we've had our best H&A season with Zac.

Armo? How many senior games has he played this year? Did he cement his spot?

No one said that Geary or Dempster should not get a game... but I'm sick of cabbages like you constantly bagging Eddy.

But like I said, you guys have inside knowledge and know more than RL.

PJ
SS Life Member

Depending on what the job is. None of us know so it's all speculation.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Is everyone forgetting max hasnt played for 5 or 6 weeks ? :shock:

...and you want to drop him straight into a GF? hmmmm, I love max, but RL made his decision months ago I feel.

Batnoe

Milton66 wrote:

So you seriously think that if Eddy wasn't good enough, then RL would still select him?

So you played footy. Woo farking hoo. You obviously know more than RL because you played under 17's.

Yeap, real armcahir expert... let's pick Max, even thought we've had our best H&A season with Zac.

Armo? How many senior games has he played this year? Did he cement his spot?

No one said that Geary or Dempster should not get a game... but I'm sick of cabbages like you constantly bagging Eddy.

But like I said, you guys have inside knowledge and know more than RL.
Yep, im a cabbage, but you are the one that said drive somewhere where you can hire a car? mm what are you?

All i said at the start was that he was running on his own as he didnt need to practice his skills cause he wont get it anyway (4 possessions is a great return for a midfileder/forward)

Did i say drop Dawson? no!! so dont say that we should drop Dawson for Max, cause i never said that, i was just saying on terms of people who should be a game then Max is ahead of all of them.

Armo- he was given 3 chances and in one of them he got best on ground, he had 13 tackles in another so over 3 games he averaged 7 tackles per game, the highest at the club per game... At least Armo will find the ball if he is given a chance where Eddy has been given a game and a chance and can still only find the ball 4 times. Wow, what a pick...

I will continue to bag Eddy, but only because you dont like it. I say he has potential, yet that isnt good enough? He is running on his own because he is practicing his fitness..

Now i hate cabbages like you who constantly stick up for s*** like Eddy/Fiora/Sweeny/Elliott/Oliver/Howard

Get a life mate, actually you might want to get in your car, drive somewhere, hire a car and drive somewhere else?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Are you a different Milton tonight? Sarcasim.
tonight we have the monster... :lol:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

And i cant stand cabbages who call people s*** because they mightnt be the greatest players in the world. What sort of crap supporter would do that.