10-12,000 at Training !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asiu

luvved it when the masses opened up the fence and surged around the ground

(with 4 little fat security guards running after them all) ha ha

a bit of public disorder is a beautiful thing :)

Gurgman
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:I agree - but I also feel it is a little fairweather that so many people can turn up for today but only a handfull at a regular training - and I know its school holidays and all that - but the boys need as much support throughout the year as they do on this one day!

Whats wrong with you grumpy , get something to whine about would you

And i thought this was a forum
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I remember when there used to be only 40-50 at training

OH that's right that was about 2 hrs before training started when I managed to snaffle a seat. with a view

Great turn out people and most happy and accomodating despite the crush that I saw- although I couldn't move far

Saddest player I saw- Xav,
Jarryd has come to grips with his lifetsyle change

Most embarrased Player- Zac when he realised as stripping down for showers/ tubs that there were still a hundred or so below the gym area :) ( delighted a few )

Happiest Person- My young companion every time aplayer waved to her from the change rooms

Rudest person _ the *%^* one who stole my $5 that I was returning to someone else- ok I'd dropped it - But common courtesy would suggest you ask nearby -- Hope you enjoyed your sausage :( :(

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ace
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:I agree - but I also feel it is a little fairweather that so many people can turn up for today but only a handfull at a regular training - and I know its school holidays and all that - but the boys need as much support throughout the year as they do on this one day!
Sadly most saints fans wont be there on the day to support our team because the corporates have stolen their tickets.

Today gave these fans a final chance to let the players know they had these fans' support.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SaintWal
Club Player

Brought back many many memories. Parked at the folks place in Avon st. Just like the old days when it was a block buster. Cars parked here there and everywhere. Everyone streaming to the ground were walking quickly just in case they missed the start. Kids, oldies, one and all, even a dog in Saints colours.

Sad to think Moorabbin will become a memory but great to see the future of the club is truly alive with all the kids in red white and black.

saint_mite
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:I remember when there used to be only 40-50 at training
only 40 of 50? haha thats heaps compared to some training sessions I get to.

great effort by everyone to get down there though, I was a bit young to remember it, but we got people to park on our lawn too claystreet :) wish I could have made it down, but I guess I just have to wait for the preseason now!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote: even a dog in Saints colours.
Reminded me of this little critter I saw at an early training session this year... :D

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Was an awesome turnout, I am glad I changed my plans so I could go....and I have to agree, the guy on the PA came across a little bit school teacher, I assumed the loudspeakers would be there to play the song or something.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Was an awesome turnout, I am glad I changed my plans so I could go....and I have to agree, the guy on the PA came across a little bit school teacher, I assumed the loudspeakers would be there to play the song or something.
Yes, but the bloke doing the announcing had been trying for ten minutes at least to get the thing working. I'd suggest he had much more to say but unfortunately the system wouldn't work.

Also probably doing the responsible thing by Worksafe as many fans were technically in a "construction zone".

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Was an awesome turnout, I am glad I changed my plans so I could go....and I have to agree, the guy on the PA came across a little bit school teacher, I assumed the loudspeakers would be there to play the song or something.
Yes, but the bloke doing the announcing had been trying for ten minutes at least to get the thing working. I'd suggest he had much more to say but unfortunately the system wouldn't work.

Also probably doing the responsible thing by Worksafe as many fans were technically in a "construction zone".
Sorry Iceman, I'm glad you got it working :wink:

onlooker
Club Player

Funny how old habits don't go away. The Stand's gone but where our little area was next to the last walkthrough under the stand at the Nepean Hwy end I recognised about 6 faces from the 20 or so that used to stand here on home games. They could have stood just about anywhere around the ground today but they returned to this spot. I have never seen these people since we moved to Waverley but some were there today. Fantastic. The one guy that was missing used to turn up with an empty binocular case each home game; no binoculars just the case which held 2 cans perfectly refilled at the end of each quarter.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

onlooker wrote:Funny how old habits don't go away. The Stand's gone but where our little area was next to the last walkthrough under the stand at the Nepean Hwy end I recognised about 6 faces from the 20 or so that used to stand here on home games. They could have stood just about anywhere around the ground today but they returned to this spot. I have never seen these people since we moved to Waverley but some were there today. Fantastic. The one guy that was missing used to turn up with an empty binocular case each home game; no binoculars just the case which held 2 cans perfectly refilled at the end of each quarter.
That is really cute...

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Almost got a bit teary today...

A mate & I parked just off Horsmunden Rd, exactly where my dad used to park week in week out during the terrible 1980's. I'd tag along beside him, always hoping for a win & rarely getting it. The best memories of my life... until now with an amazing wife & daughter.

When we lost dad in 94 I buried him in my St Kilda jumper....played the theme song at the church too much to the chagrin of the minister!

If we win on Saturday there will be a blubbering mess in M29 looking up at the heavens....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Almost got a bit teary today...

A mate & I parked just off Horsmunden Rd, exactly where my dad used to park week in week out during the terrible 1980's. I'd tag along beside him, always hoping for a win & rarely getting it. The best memories of my life... until now with an amazing wife & daughter.

When we lost dad in 94 I buried him in my St Kilda jumper....played the theme song at the church too much to the chagrin of the minister!

If we win on Saturday there will be a blubbering mess in M29 looking up at the heavens....
AE, thanks so much for sharing your story....

Your daughter is so lucky to be a part of a generation that tags along expecting a win :wink:

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:

Your daughter is so lucky to be a part of a generation that tags along expecting a win :wink:
No worries mate... she's 2 & I've already got her saying 'Yay Saints'. I put her in her Joey Montagna jumper on Monday to go to Day Care... her pop would have been tickled pink.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
SainterK wrote:

No worries mate... she's 2 & I've already got her saying 'Yay Saints'. I put her in her Joey Montagna jumper on Monday to go to Day Care... her pop would have been tickled pink.
My little fella is two also, except he says "go shaints"

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Gee imagine if they had training at a more user-friendly time for workers, say 5pm......would've added another 3 or 4 thousand I reckon!