Just a few questions...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

interstatesaint
Club Player

Just a few questions...

(I am a long time lurker but have just registered, need to ask some questions)

My family and I are flying down this week from Wollongong, Dad and brother got tickets secured in the ballot but I've missed out. Devastated obviously but trying every avenue I can...

Have heard rumour that Ticketek have been known to release extra tickets to the general public on Saturday morning? Does anyone know anything about this? Total crap or is it worth camping outside the G in the predicted rain to make the impossible possible?

Secondly, are there ticket giveaways at Fed Square during the week? I have no other plans apart from open training and the parade and will sit there rain, hail or shine if needed!

Stoked for everyone who got tickets, have a beer and a scream for me!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Just a few questions...

interstatesaint wrote:(I am a long time lurker but have just registered, need to ask some questions)

My family and I are flying down this week from Wollongong, Dad and brother got tickets secured in the ballot but I've missed out. Devastated obviously but trying every avenue I can...

Have heard rumour that Ticketek have been known to release extra tickets to the general public on Saturday morning? Does anyone know anything about this? Total crap or is it worth camping outside the G in the predicted rain to make the impossible possible?

Secondly, are there ticket giveaways at Fed Square during the week? I have no other plans apart from open training and the parade and will sit there rain, hail or shine if needed!

Stoked for everyone who got tickets, have a beer and a scream for me!
Friends of mine got tickets to the Swans WCE game at about noon at the G on the day of the GF. They had a limited number available and eventually opened a ticket window. May be harder with 2 Vic sides though.

interstatesaint
Club Player

Cheers plugger, will hope for the best and get to the foreshore if worst comes to worst.

CARN THE MIGHTY SAINTS!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Just a few questions...

interstatesaint wrote:(I am a long time lurker but have just registered, need to ask some questions)

The lady behind me in the queue to pick up tickets today was saying that the last two years she's got them from scalpers (or legitimate sellers) outside the ground on the day. Cost her $400 and $500. That might be a decent last resort option.

Batnoe

Cannot i suggest, and it is only a suggestion that calling the charity events.

I am sure some charitys get given free tickets so they can raffle, sell etc. if you rang one ( i dont know what one) you can offer them some money towards their charity!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Cannot i suggest, and it is only a suggestion that calling the charity events.

I am sure some charitys get given free tickets so they can raffle, sell etc. if you rang one ( i dont know what one) you can offer them some money towards their charity!
Try the Salvation Army.

interstatesaint
Club Player

Will do! Thanks guys.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

you know what the easiest and best option is.

just get there early tho

interstatesaint
Club Player

What's that, matrixcutter? Loiter ticket windows and hope for the best?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

you know what it is
its the dreaded S word
ya know, the thing a doctor uses??

would you pay 500 to sit or rather go stand in a pub?
there is no choice
no contingency plan?
then im sorry but i had mine planned WEEKS ago just in case

interstatesaint
Club Player

Hahaha, didn't want to contemplate it but it is looking like this is the option.

Ugh.

I think come Saturday I'll do anything.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

damn straight!!

get there early, secure the entry, and then...take a big deep breath and go buy a poncho

interstatesaint
Club Player

Already secured a dozen black, red and white ponchos from Dimmey's in Richmond.

I promise I'll share!

GrumpyOne

It has been known that some single surplus tickets have been given to the Salvation Army guys outside the ground on game day.

They are happy to pass them on for a donation.