Was ablett limping?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintDebi
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Congratulations to the guy! Modest and unassuming AND a GREAT player!
Oh, Jiggster, so rarely do I disagree with you!
Can we be talking about the same player?
If he looked to be walking with difficulty its probably just from holding up the weight of that big head of his.
My theory of why he won is because the umpires just got sick of him whinging about not having one and thought they'd just shut him up.

ace
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:Oh, Jiggster, so rarely do I disagree with you!
Can we be talking about the same player?
If he looked to be walking with difficulty its probably just from holding up the weight of that big head of his.
My theory of why he won is because the umpires just got sick of him whinging about not having one and thought they'd just shut him up.

Even his hair could not live with his ego.
Last edited by ace on Tue 22 Sep 2009 9:46am, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

They will stick him with a needle before the game and he wont feel any discomfort for 3 hours, except for CJ burying him into the mud.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I reckon he always walks a bit funny. A bit like he's carrying the weight of expectation in his scrotum.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Milton66
SS Life Member

The only bad thing about Ablett is that he doesn't play for us.

Brilliant footballer.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Moods
Saintsational Legend

We can bag him all we like - but if he played for the saints he would be right up there with Lenny. An absolute superstar who needs to be stopped. Hopefully that brownlow will be a distraction for him this week. Very rare that any Brownlow winner plays really well in the GF.

I tell you something else about him that doesn't bother me. If he IS playing for personal accolades then who cares? If our blokes put in the effort he did in last years GF and play half as good then we have this years flag in the bag. Whether he plays like that b/c he desperately wants the Norm Smith or b/c he desperately wants the cats to win is immaterial I reckon. Either way it benefits his club 10 fold.

I have heard many great sporting leaders of team sports state that the most important role of any player (particularly a leader) is to play well. THis is why despite appearing like a thoroughly good bloke and well adjusted person, that I reckon Tom Harley's captaincy is overated. You can't influence the outcome of a game any better than playing well. Who cares what your motives for playing well are?

To me bagging Gary Ablett, is the equivalent of opposition supporters labelling Rooey as soft, a cry baby, a diver, or any other ridiculous jealous labels they come up with.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:We can bag him all we like - but if he played for the saints he would be right up there with Lenny. An absolute superstar who needs to be stopped. Hopefully that brownlow will be a distraction for him this week. Very rare that any Brownlow winner plays really well in the GF.

I tell you something else about him that doesn't bother me. If he IS playing for personal accolades then who cares? If our blokes put in the effort he did in last years GF and play half as good then we have this years flag in the bag. Whether he plays like that b/c he desperately wants the Norm Smith or b/c he desperately wants the cats to win is immaterial I reckon. Either way it benefits his club 10 fold.

I have heard many great sporting leaders of team sports state that the most important role of any player (particularly a leader) is to play well. THis is why despite appearing like a thoroughly good bloke and well adjusted person, that I reckon Tom Harley's captaincy is overated. You can't influence the outcome of a game any better than playing well. Who cares what your motives for playing well are?

To me bagging Gary Ablett, is the equivalent of opposition supporters labelling Rooey as soft, a cry baby, a diver, or any other ridiculous jealous labels they come up with.
I don't ridicule him, I just find his burning desire for personal glory quite strange (shrugs)

aussiejones
Club Player

"Very rare that any Brownlow winner plays really well in the GF. "

Is this true ????????

I wish.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Never bagged him. He's a gun. Just reckon he walks funny.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
mullet
Saintsational Legend

I think he was walking funny cos his suit was too small. :lol:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Possibly so!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
reincarnated wrote: Reincarnated was at the Brownlow
cleaners need to bundy on half an hour before the function ends apparently.
Yes as per usual you hijack a thread with postings not funny at all

Report me again please. Reincarnated is waiting for those two warning that Joffaboy was meant to give on behalf of the free world

You and your little puppet Saints66auau hae not been doing their job
You get so rattled by my posts.

You are waiting for the warnings just shows how rattled you are :D

I dont report anyone - couldn't be bothered reporting a little nothing gutless coward pissant internet hero like.

Nobody here gives a hoot about you or your posts as it is so transparent and really quite valueless.

You are a mindless distraction - a usual faceless troll, who comes and goes.

Seen off far more intelligent and witty trolls than you. Just love to upset you as the above quote has shown :D :D :wink:

Also i love the way you imitate my posting - really imitation is flattery :D :D

I await you typically low rent predictable and totally unoriginal reply.

Will be a hoot.

And dont fret little man, you weren't reported. No need to react in such a frightened manner :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Moods
Saintsational Legend

My post wasn't directed at any particular poster - just a general rant directed at the footy public which the saints are a part of. Carry on :lol:

Moods
Saintsational Legend

aussiejones wrote:"Very rare that any Brownlow winner plays really well in the GF. "

Is this true ????????

I wish.
I can't recall whom the quote was attributed to, but it was a former Brownlow winner - who claimed that he believed it was nigh on impossible for a brownlow medal winner to play a great game on GF day, due to the distraction and added stress that comes with it.

Looking back on history.

Bartel in 07 - approx 25 possesions. Wasn't named in his teams best. Cats won easily
Goodes 06 - Played okay. About 20 possessions. Not dominant.
Cousins 05 - Quiet. His team won.
Buckley 03 - One of his worst games for the year.
Black 02 - Very quiet by his standards.
Woewodin 00 - Played awful
Aka 01 - Average game by his standards
Harves 97 - I thought played well, but many believed he was below his very best. Had 35 possessions or similar.
Wanganeen 93 - quiet by his standards that year.
Couch 89 - played very average.

Important to note that all these players were quality players and that very few had absolute shockers on GF day. None of them displayed their brownlow form on GF day though.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

mullet wrote:I think he was walking funny cos his suit was too small. :lol:
I thinks the suit became too small just after the Rd 20 votes were read out. 8-)

ace
Saintsational Legend

Will his hair regrow if he stops taking steroids?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Will his hair regrow if he stops taking steroids?
Did yours?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

No way he's on the nut-shrinkers!!!!!

Look at his gait.

He's got a pair of shotputs down there, I'm convinced...

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:Will his hair regrow if he stops taking steroids?
Did yours?
My hair is over my ears but I wont get it cut until after we win the premiership.
Would not want the team to lose the strength of my support.
Hair grows better with a fertile brain.