Have we altered our game plan?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PJ
SS Life Member

Geelong has always this year been the No 1 threat to us..and has been for 3 years.
Wow rocket science!!!
Lyon has IMO built the best possible team and structures for us to take on and defeat the cats.

The Cats however are a VERY good team...and so this is no easy task.

I have faith in our gameplan...and playing group...but they face a difficult task.

This is no time for radical change.

You should apply for the job as Rossy's PR agent. What profound crap - I've got an idea when you think of statements like this go to the club website and see/check you haven't just copied it from there.

Why bother posting with this kind of excrement

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Westaway instructed him to change it again.

Richter
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Geelong has always this year been the No 1 threat to us..and has been for 3 years.

Lyon has IMO built the best possible team and structures for us to take on and defeat the cats.

I have faith in our gameplan...and playing group...but they face a difficult task.

Don't be silly sRs there's obviously been some supersecret game plan change that only supersmart observers can see...... :wink:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Geelong has always this year been the No 1 threat to us..and has been for 3 years.
Wow rocket science!!!

You should apply for the job as Rossy's PR agent. What profound crap - I've got an idea when you think of statements like this go to the club website and see/check you haven't just copied it from there.

Ok oh wise one.

Document NOW these gameplan differences.

I await your observations and insights..

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Richter
SS Life Member

Don't stress sRs, he's either taking the p**s or simply another supersmartcouldabeen like our old friend the Stool.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Don't stress sRs, he's either taking the p**s or simply another supersmartcouldabeen like our old friend the Stool.
Don't worry..I am not stressed.

PJ is just carrying a grudge from his thread calling to use Roo as a "Decoy" against the Cats....which I posted in that thread as being a stupid idea....which it is....or should I sayis not "rocket scrience".

After his last two finals..virtually everyone now recognizes Roo as the MVP in the competition...yet PJ wants to use him as a decoy. :roll:

We are 20-2..and have only lost the other two games by 7 points combined which I would strongly suspect is a best ever effort in the AFL/VFL...and yet RF wants to change our gameplan...and PJ wants to use the competitions MVP as a decoy.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
jonesy wrote:We're going to have to take risks this week,and pull them off. We can't expect to kick 8-11 goals and win the game against Geelong. There midfield get that much of the ball that they are going to get ample opportunities.,they won't kick 7 goals
Hmmm.

It's an interesting one isn't it.

Lyon is no fool, nor are his assistants.

Whatever we're doing, we're doing for a reason. To be honest, I don't think you can win 3 games in a row (including 2 finals) if you're not playing well.

The odd thing is, we don't look to be playing well!
We are capable of kicking whatever it takes....it just happened to take 9 the other night.

Milton66
SS Life Member

PJ wrote:
Wow rocket science!!!

Good to see that making the Granny has united us against the common enemy... not. :roll:

the thing is, that even when stating the bloody obvious, there are some who don't get it. :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

We have been going wider and clearly the pressure has come off to what it was.

No sides gets their hands free in the tackle nor continually hits the stoppage ball out to wider space for runners better than Geelong.

We had better be mindful of that

“Yeah….nah””
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:and yet RF wants to change our gameplan...
What the hell???

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:We have been going wider and clearly the pressure has come off to what it was.

No sides gets their hands free in the tackle nor continually hits the stoppage ball out to wider space for runners better than Geelong.

This is what I've noticed also.

It's almost as if we've purposely altered our style for the G, or for finals.....or for Geelong.

Not sure.

But I'm hoping this is the reason for us going wide and not taking risks, because we've been doing it for over a month now. If we haven't engineered this style purposely, it's going to be very hard to win this week.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Teflon wrote:We have been going wider and clearly the pressure has come off to what it was.

This is what I've noticed also.

It's almost as if we've purposely altered our style for the G, or for finals.....or for Geelong.

Not sure.

But I'm hoping this is the reason for us going wide and not taking risks, because we've been doing it for over a month now. If we haven't engineered this style purposely, it's going to be very hard to win this week.
The weight of making the Grand Final given our season would have been massive, personally for me, the last couple of games have been a result of that...

I realise Saturday is an even bigger occasion, but it brings with it a certain freedom to give it absolutely everything.

aussiejones
Club Player

We are the underdogs ....thats fine .
But consider.. friday nights game the dogs who are good played their very best game , we still won. It was a tight battle that did us no harm.
Sat nights game flattered Geelong . A game of two halves , you need to ignore the second half as Collingwood were flat having played their final the week before.

The GF will see an in form Geelong , omimously at full strength.
The Saints injury free still with the potential for improvement . Friday nights game would have done no harm , certainly would have added to their belief .

Hopefully get a good start to calm the nerves.

Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:and yet RF wants to change our gameplan...
What the hell???
Actually, you only asked if there had bee a change, and did not ask for it to be changed.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?